Jump to content

Mardi Gras Casino


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, RedBeard78 said:

 

 

Ill be on that cruise as well, hopefully learning to throw dice!

 

BrotherCraig, i just got an offer for a balcony room for $300pp!   I rarely drop over $500 at casino!

 


Wow. Amazing.  I never received any offers like that.  Mine are usually $75 off other published fares.  Nice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/28/2021 at 9:26 AM, Saint Greg said:


Give it a year. They’ll all be over there and they’ll put more slot machines in the nonsmoking section.

 

Exactly. Been tried many times, every time they return to smoking again because revenues eventually drop. Endless examples of it all across the nation. Of course that won't stop the ultra liberal Berkeley California based group "Americans for non-smokers rights" from continuing their crusade. They enjoy poking their nose in every states business. They've been particularly active in all casino corridors. Plenty of news stories of them on casino .org.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think I'll just drop this fact here:, not that it will stop the smoke blowers.

 

Current smoking has declined from 20.9% (nearly 21 of every 100 adults) in 2005 to 14.0% (14 of every 100 adults) in 2019, and the proportion of ever smokers who have quit has increased.2

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I think I'll just drop this fact here:, not that it will stop the smoke blowers.

 

Current smoking has declined from 20.9% (nearly 21 of every 100 adults) in 2005 to 14.0% (14 of every 100 adults) in 2019, and the proportion of ever smokers who have quit has increased.2

 

I say that's bull and based on admitted information. A lot of people are casual smokers and not full time smokers. They smoke when they drink or are in social situations. Every time I'm at a bar there are a bunch of self claimed "non smokers" asking to bum/buy single ciggs from people. I bounced for many years at a well known popular bar in the marina district in SF and seen it a thousand times.

 

There are a lot of non smokers who are secretly part time smokers and/or consumers of nicotine. A lot of folks just won't admit/report it publicly, to family, or even their Dr's for any number of reasons but shame and getting lectured seem to top the list. It's also why vaping took off like a rocket. Better concealment options, more opportunities to consume and avoiding judgement/shame. Many of these folks consider themselves non-smokers as well, even though most are consuming much more nicotine than they did on analog cigarettes.

 

Real life experience points in the direction that these numbers are fudged and inaccurate. Even in so called healthy green areas like CA. I'd venture there are probably many cruisers who may only smoke while on vacation and enjoying themselves. It's not as cut and dry as smokers vs non-smokers.      

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

 

The reality: "Current smokers are defined as people who reported smoking at least 100 cigarettes during their lifetime and who, at the time they participated in a survey about this topic, reported smoking every day or some days."

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

 

The reality: "Current smokers are defined as people who reported smoking at least 100 cigarettes during their lifetime and who, at the time they participated in a survey about this topic, reported smoking every day or some days."

 

I'm sure most drinkers will report that they drink only two alcoholic drinks for men and one for women, in one sitting, if you asked in a survey. Or that they all ate healthy "most of the time" and/or exercised regularly too. 🙄 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

We know where this ends up. Let's not have this go the way of smoking threads of the past, or vaccine threads of the present!

My ignore list just grew. We all know what you can't fix.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cruisingguy007 said:

 

Every time I'm at a bar there are a bunch of self claimed "non smokers" asking to bum/buy single ciggs from people.  There are a lot of non smokers who are secretly part time smokers and/or consumers of nicotine. A lot of folks just won't admit/report it publicly, to family, or even their Dr's for any number of reasons but shame and getting lectured seem to top the list. It's also why vaping took off like a rocket. Better concealment options, more opportunities to consume and avoiding judgement/shame. Many of these folks consider themselves non-smokers as well, even though most are consuming much more nicotine than they did on analog cigarettes.

   

So in addition to suffering from addiction, they have character disorders?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

We know where this ends up. Let's not have this go the way of smoking threads of the past, or vaccine threads of the present!

I think it's too late.......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

So in addition to suffering from addiction, they have character disorders?

When you're bullied, berated, talked down to, lectured etc, you tend to adopt methods of avoidance. Just ask the unvaccinated, they are treated similar for their personal choices. I expect many of them to simply say they are vaccinated and/or avoid the topic in real life conversation(s) as well. Just as folks who may enjoy a smoke do. People learn to take the path of least resistance/irritation/judgment. I wouldn't call that a character disorder, more like an environmental adaptation.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

When you're bullied, berated, talked down to, lectured etc, you tend to adopt methods of avoidance. Just ask the unvaccinated, they are treated similar for their personal choices. I expect many of them to simply say they are vaccinated and/or avoid the topic in real life conversation(s) as well. Just as folks who may enjoy a smoke do. People learn to take the path of least resistance/irritation/judgment. I wouldn't call that a character disorder, more like an environmental adaptation.  

An "environmental adaptation" tinged with an unhealthy portion of dishonesty and shame is what I see.  Which seems like a character disorder to me.  Or just a symptom of denial.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

An "environmental adaptation" tinged with an unhealthy portion of dishonesty and shame is what I see.  Which seems like a character disorder to me.  Or just a symptom of denial.

 

If someone where to interject themselves into your life and make sweeping judgments about you and your free choices, I suspect you would feel some kind of way too. I'm pretty sure most people couldn't care less what some stranger thinks about their choices/decisions and never asked them in the first place, yet that doesn't stop the rude behavior and audacity. The view from that high horse must be spectacular!    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

 

If someone where to interject themselves into your life and make sweeping judgments about you and your free choices, I suspect you would feel some kind of way too. I'm pretty sure most people couldn't care less what some stranger thinks about their choices/decisions and never asked them in the first place, yet that doesn't stop the rude behavior and audacity. The view from that high horse must be spectacular!    

On the contrary, I feel like I'm down in the pits fighting for you, I just wish it was with you.  I just want you to live a long life.  After seeing both smoker parents die of lung cancer much too young, and only after giving up the painful years-long fight, I know what it's like to lose a loved one to nicotine.  And both quit cold turkey after being diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer, but it only bought a few more years... on oxygen tanks they'd have to lug around.  I don't want that to happen to anyone.  For myself, I'm just glad Mardi Gras is doing what they're doing with the split casinos because Carnival casinos were the ONLY PLACE I had to breathe in all those noxious chemicals.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/28/2021 at 11:35 AM, BrotherCraig said:

Well, we all got our wish.  Large casino - half smoking and half non.  Exciting.  I don't want to ever see another negative remark about the casino smoke or non-smoking again.  Ever.  lol

 

I mean just because it is Half/Half doesn't mean the smoking smell won't be prevalent on the Non-smoking side lol. Lets be honest your still going to smell it just hopefully not as bad. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

 

I mean just because it is Half/Half doesn't mean the smoking smell won't be prevalent on the Non-smoking side lol. Lets be honest your still going to smell it just hopefully not as bad. 

It's not just that it's half/half.  It's the way CARNIVAL has done it.  As John H. would say, BRILLIANT!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/28/2021 at 9:20 AM, d12j28 said:

In both pictures you are actually playing with your back to the views. The dealer gets a nice view though.

 

Like Tom said above, most people playing a table game aren't paying any attention to the view from the table. 

Not only that but I’d wager most of the action is in the evening when there aren’t any views anyway!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/28/2021 at 9:57 AM, lookitsmikel said:

 

Well guess what! John Heald got it backwards and just posted a correction video! This is the SMOKING side (facing the lifeboats) and the larger side facing the water is non-smoking. 

So now we get the bitching from the smokers about the view!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...