SILVER SPIRIT, LENGTHENED IN 2018, NEW SUITE NUMBERS?

Posted (edited)

They are the ones on the deck plans with an asterisk (*) which the key shows as 'large walk in rain shower'

The original suites have baths as well as a smaller but still large enough shower cubicle.

The new suites just have a large and very nice walk in shower.

Otherwise you really can't tell the original from the new, they are both wonderful - the Spirit is my favourite ship.

Spirit new.pdf

Edited by jollyjones
  • Like 2

Thanks very much for that, JJ. The deck plan I found didn't have that information on it and it's very helpful.

I've a cruise booked and have the choice of either a cabin with both bath and shower, or a cabin with just a shower - the latter being one of the newer cabins added in 2018. Both are Deluxe Veranda Suites and both are on Deck 7.

I am a little concerned about being seasick, having previously travelled on a North Sea Ferry and it was unpleasant. Was not actually sick, but came very close to it.

This will be my first time on a cruise ship. I know a central cabin is better for stability. The cabin which is bang-on central is shower only - no bath. The cabin with a bath AND shower is 5 cabins down from the center of the ship, so not quite as central as the shower-only cabin. I can't decide which to take. I do like the idea of a bath, but I also like the idea of being central on the ship if seasickness rears its ugly head.

Please could I ask for your thoughts? Thank you, much appreciated.

Howdy @HomingPigeon emo22.gif

Welcome to the Cruise Critic message boards! emo34.gif 

Thank you for your new thread titled SILVER SPIRIT, LENGTHENED IN 2018, NEW SUITE NUMBERS? on the Ask a Cruise Question forum. 👍  However, it is the forum for general questions regarding cruising. Your thread was off-topic there since your post concerns a specific cruise line ship. 

To help you out, I have moved your thread to the Silversea Cruises forum where it will be on topic. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members that have sailed Silversea frequent this forum and provide feedback here. Browse through the thread titles to l👀k for titles of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that will be of interest to you.  

Now that you have booked your cruise, I want you to know the Cruise Critic Roll Call thread for your line, ship and sail date will be the place for you to get to know the other Cruise Critic members sailing with you before the cruise. Your fellow Roll Call thread members may have important information posted in your Roll Call thread. Especially those that have sailed your line, ship or itinerary before.

Also, the Roll Call thread for your cruise is the only place on Cruise Critic where you and your fellow Roll Call thread members are allowed to post personal ads about sharing private tours, excursions, transportation etc. with each other to 💲ave money. That is ... if COVID-19 protocol allows by then. There is a "captive audience" since you are all sailing together! emo3.gif You will receive a much better response to your share request if you take some time to read the entire Roll Call thread, post an introductory post about yourself, and continue on with more posts back and forth to get to know the other thread members and allow them to get to know you first before you post your share request. That is the spirit of our Roll Calls. emo34.gif

To explain our Roll Calls and finding the Roll Call thread for your line, ship and sail date, please read What is a Roll Call? Everything you Need to Know and How To: Create A New Roll Call if one has not been started for your ship & sail date. For more information about our famous Roll Calls, please read the Roll Calls and Our Policy Regarding Facebook and Roll Calls sections in the Guidelines.

And don't forget, after your cruise be sure to submit your review for publication by Cruise Critic. Many cruisers will benefit from your experience! See How To: Submit a Member Review.

I hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard the Cruise Critic message board! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat  emo32.gif

4 hours ago, HomingPigeon said:

This will be my first time on a cruise ship.

Wow, HP, my situation as well when I first posted in this forum.  Welcome to Silversea and to cruising as well!  Have 2 cruises with Silversea (zero anywhere else) & I am probably at that most dangerous position - I think I can help you but...  You truly would be best off with the many more experienced cruisers here.  Perhaps the main function of my post is to keep your thread near the top of what's going on 🙂  Anyway, I'll suggest 5 cabins down would result in a pretty minor change in motion., but I think your primary concern is to avoid motion sickness, so I'd go for the shower only cabin dead center. 

Posted (edited)

You wouldn’t notice the difference between the two. 
Central and low minimises movement - if I can’t get a deck 5 cabin 522 or higher number, I go for midships on deck 6 in preference to deck 7. 
If you’re stuck with deck 7, don’t worry, midships on decks 5, 6, or 7 are all good, just pick the cabin with the bath if you want, it won’t make enough difference to matter. 
Equip yourself with some form of motion sickness pills or patches just in case, then you can relax and just look forward to your cruise. 

PS don’t forget that the Silversea website has loads of info - well worth spending time picking through it. 

Edited by jollyjones
  • Like 1