Celebrity Summit - best shaded seat area please?

We are considering booking the Summit for Sept 6 and we have never cruised on any Celebrity Ship (well since it was called Chandris anyway)

We like to have afternoons in the shade (on a lounge chair)  on a quiet deck...no sun is completely fine as hubby turns into lobster man in just a few minutes. Where is a quiet place on Summit for us to lounge and read in the afternoon?

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Clampram said:

We like to have afternoons in the shade (on a lounge chair)  on a quiet deck..

The promenade deck; beautiful and quiet. I could never understand why no one else was there.

image.thumb.jpeg.b0566e5866ed9e60c2259b690e0ce14a.jpeg

(photo by turtles06)

Edited to add: seems like  @Janedoe2012 and I agree! 

Edited by Turtles06
  • Like 4

I love the deck 5 area to get out of the sun.  Just be aware that port side has a smoking area around mid-ship.    

There are also shaded area (depending on time of day) on Sunrise deck adjacent to  entrance to Sky Lounge.

Great responses and with pictures....thank you so much!!! We know Princess inside and out but starting from scratch with a different cruise line is tough.....I appreciate your input!

We are thinking of booking an Aqua class cabin as it appears to be slightly larger than verandah and other classes....am I correct?? 

1 hour ago, Janedoe2012 said:

Outdoor shade on deck 5 with loungers

480E2862-8519-45DE-B6CA-E890D47C1111.jpeg

Most definitely!  Quiet, shade, loungers.  

Yes AQ cabins are about 20 sq ft larger than a standard veranda.  AQ also has a separate dining room Blu, which is the reason many of us book AQ.  Blu is smaller, not as noisy as the MDR and also is open for breakfast.

1 hour ago, D C said:

We pick AQ class on the Summit purely for the deck 11 room location.  

If I can't get one of the 5 aft Aqua cabins on Summit, I will book a regular veranda. I love those aft cabins and have stayed in 4 of them. I have one for my May cruise.

Laura

22 minutes ago, Laurab23 said:

If I can't get one of the 5 aft Aqua cabins on Summit, I will book a regular veranda. I love those aft cabins and have stayed in 4 of them. I have one for my May cruise.

Laura

Enough privacy with the 'new' bacon strips over the Sunset Bar?  and are those priced the same as the other deck 11 AQ?   We've tended towards the front of 11 to stay away from the deck 12 movie noise. 

21 hours ago, zitsky said:

Do most ships have a library?  That might be a good place.  Or the lounge if you'd like drinks.

Sadly, as the ships are revolutionized the libraries are being removed and repurposed.  On M class ships (which includes the Summit) they are adding inside cabins where the library used to be.  But don't want to bum you out on the ship - she's beautiful and you will have a wonderful experience!

53 minutes ago, D C said:

Enough privacy with the 'new' bacon strips over the Sunset Bar?  and are those priced the same as the other deck 11 AQ?   We've tended towards the front of 11 to stay away from the deck 12 movie noise. 

I never felt the lack of privacy. Never say anyone looking up at me. They are the same price as all A1 AQ. If you were on your balcony you could hear a little movie noise but never bothers us. I enjoy the music from the sunset bar. 

Posted (edited)

Almost any of the inside lounges and Cafe al Bacio

There is also a passage way/ theater exit  along the outside of the theater on both sides of the ship that has tables and chairs plus windows to give a ocean view 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched