Oceania Protocols announced 7/28/2021

Just posted on another site:

Updated Info received today in regards to Oceania protocols:
  1. Pertinent protocols unique for each itinerary will be sent to you 30 days before your cruise
  2. Mixed vaccines will not be accepted for any cruise leaving from the USA. They will be accepted for any other cruise.
  3. Masks are NOT required on board but maybe required in countries visited.
  4. On-line check in will be mandatory and will be available 21 days before the cruise start date. You will receive an electronic boarding pass and will have to do pre-embarkation testing.
  5. All restaurants will be open on board
  6. The culinary center will be open but with reduced capacity
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Queen of DaNile said:

Thank you for sharing!

Posted (edited)

here's what I've discovered:

go to My Account, click on it and find the cruise you will next sail

find & click on "manage this booking"

at right under "booking # "  find "guest registration forms" and click

go towards bottom of page and find "vaccine attestation"

and beneath that you will see the "online check in" protocol that they want us to do. 

Since we are still several months from ATW22 and not knowing the itinerary I'm not in a hurry to do this part yet!

Edited by cbb
  • Like 1

On line check-in is available at 21 days prior. And, we get to take our own photo to try to insure that the crew won't be checking some gawd awful image for the duration of the voyage.😲

What you need for check in
  • Your passport as we will ask you to verify that all information contained in your reservation is correct
  • A credit card to register for purchases during your voyage
  • A camera-enabled device such as a laptop, mobile phone or tablet to take a selfie for our friendly shipboard security team

1 hour ago, Noxequifans said:

#4 is interesting. Pre-embarkation testing? Even if you are fully vaccinated? 

No mention of actual Covid Testing but who knows?

ADDITIONAL PRE-EMBARKATION HEALTH SCREENING

All guests will undergo pre-embarkation health screening including an enhanced health questionnaire and touchless temperature check.

57 minutes ago, cbb said:

here's what I've discovered:

go to My Account, click on it and find the cruise you will next sail

find & click on "manage this booking"

at right under "booking # "  find "guest registration forms" and click

go towards bottom of page and find "vaccine attestation"

and beneath that you will see the "online check in" protocol that they want us to do. 

Since we are still several months from ATW22 and not knowing the itinerary I'm not in a hurry to do this part yet!

2 hours ago, TERRIER1 said:

Will Oceania provide PCR testing on board before disembarkation or is the passenger responsible to find his own?

I think that would be  a question for Oceania   maybe your TA can get the answer for you 

2 hours ago, Noxequifans said:

someone on another forum  said  his wife  got Covid  & both of them were fully vaccinated  so had to cancel an upcoming cruise

With the new variants & no masks  in  many places  now  it may be an issue  even for those vaccinated

JMO

20 hours ago, Queen of DaNile said:

1. Pertinent protocols unique for each itinerary will be sent to you 30 days before your cruise
  2. Mixed vaccines will not be accepted for any cruise leaving from the USA. They will be accepted for any other cruise.
  3. Masks are NOT required on board but maybe required in countries visited.
  4. On-line check in will be mandatory and will be available 21 days before the cruise start date. You will receive an electronic boarding pass and will have to do pre-embarkation testing.
  5. All restaurants will be open on board
  6. The culinary center will be open but with reduced capacity

Where did you see this posted? I cannot find a confirmation of this information anywhere. Number 3 is my biggest concern as I will cancel if I have to wear a mask onboard while being vaccinated.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Noxequifans said:

We are seeing that as a trend with other lines.  For example, we will soon be off to Greece for a Seabourn cruise (and some post cruise island hopping).  Both Greece and Seabourn require us to be fully vaccinated and both require us to show proof (the CDC Vaccination Cards are adequate).  However, Seabourn will also do a pre-embarkation test at the port (done in a tent) and do further testing during our cruise.  We will also need to get an Antigen test before we can fly back to the USA.  Requirements in other places are even tougher.  For example, we have a cruise in the Fall that embarks from Barbados.   Barbados mandates a standard PCR test within 3 days prior to the trip.  They further mandate another PCR test upon arrival on the island.  The cruise line mandates vaccinations and also does testing onboard.  And, of course, we will need an antigen test to return to the USA.  

So as you can see, the world seems to be adopting various protocols requiring both vaccinations and testing.  For those not vaccinated there are many additional requirements (assuming they can even travel) such as quarantines, additional testing, etc.

As to "O" we can live with their protocols but would like to know if our December cruise will even happen.  The Marina is still scheduled to do cruises involving quite a few South American countries that have very bad COVID problems.  While several other cruise lines have canceled their SA itineraries, "O" continues to be mute on the subject.

Hank

2 hours ago, Queen of DaNile said:

A camera-enabled device such as a laptop, mobile phone or tablet to take a selfie for our friendly shipboard security team

I have none of the devices listed.  I trust the FSST has a camera of their own to take pictures of those of us who are not as technologically current.  Maybe an out-of-work caricature artist between gigs at the county fair could whip up a likeness.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Our July 3, 2022, Dublin to Dublin booking does not show the "new" forms indicating COVID protocols, only ythe original ones we filled out eons ago.  Perhaps it's port dependent, sail date dependent, or they just forgot us 🤥.

Posted (edited)

If you haven't looked yet, this from the Vaccine Attestation section of the guest registration forms (today at least)...

Prior to embarkation - negative Antigen Test (paid for and administered by Cruise Line)

They also ask you to watch a health and safety video as part of the online check in process (starting 21 days out). That is something new. And is sure to provide a lot more information than we have now and possibly answers to many of our questions. 

Hopefully, some folks from the first sailing group will provide us with some intel...

Edited by clairol
I removed the screen shot - wasn't sure if that was a violation of CC policy...??

1 hour ago, susiesan said:

Where did you see this posted? I cannot find a confirmation of this information anywhere. Number 3 is my biggest concern as I will cancel if I have to wear a mask onboard while being vaccinated.

Something to consider... the new ticket contract specifically states that you must agree to the fact that they can require masks at any time during the cruise. So, essentially, if face coverings are not mandatory when you get on... they are saying pack your masks. 

13 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

Our July 3, 2022, Dublin to Dublin booking does not show the "new" forms indicating COVID protocols, only ythe original ones we filled out eons ago.  Perhaps it's port dependent, sail date dependent, or they just forgot us 🤥.

Maybe  date  dependant

Since thing could change  a year from now  maybe they are concentrating on the upcoming cruises

Just  a guess though 😉

48 minutes ago, golfguyhhi said:

I have none of the devices listed.  I trust the FSST has a camera of their own to take pictures of those of us who are not as technologically current.  Maybe an out-of-work caricature artist between gigs at the county fair could whip up a likeness.

Do you have a friend or family member that could take your photo & email it to you ?

• Like 2

Lyn,

I'll go to the CVS, just like I will next year to get my photo for my passport renewal.  i was just feeling cranky about having to do this myself instead of having the Embarkation Team take my picture as they always have done in the past.

I know, I know, Grumpy Old Man syndrome.   Hey, you kids, get off my lawn!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

You can just blow this off and walk into the Cruise Terminal without checking in and they will accommodate you. I believe the word I heard used to describe the on site embarkation process, it will be ARDUOUS. You can guess what that will mean but I am sure those who participate in it will be grumbling. Yes we going to have to be tested before boarding the ship along with all the other vaccinated guests and staff. My guess is we will also be tested prior to disembarkation and if there are any issues that impact us, we will be tested even more. 

We are just looking forward to sailing so better safe than sorry. Have 😷 will travel 🚢

Gerry

• Like 2

Just did the fire drill on Crystal and procedures are similar.  Also Seabourn is doing same.

• Scan your boarding pass to get in.  
  • Fill out health questionnaire and temperature check.
  • Then to another hall/tent and you get the Rapid Antigen test paid for by the cruise line.  Easy swab test in the lower nostril (not bad) then wait.   15 minutes you go up to the computer terminal and they let you know if you passed.  On Crystal they gave us blue tested passed bands to wear until on the ship
  • On to the ship and they scan your boarding pass.  
  • There was no regular check in.  Our photo was already in the system and that is why they and Oceania ask for a selfie.  If there was no selfie the security guy took one but is slowed the process on the gangway.
  • Our key card was in the cabin when we accessed it at 1pm.  So goal to eliminate contact and lines.
  • Strict enforcement of boarding times to eliminate lines and manage flow.

Will be interesting to see if Oceania makes everyone wear contact tracing wristbands as Crystal did.

Crystal did the Rapid Antigen test for US Citizens traveling home via Air.  The charge was $25 and we had the result in 20 minutes on our phones.  They did not do PCR tests from what I remember (Canadians take note) so you might want to check with Oceania.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Hlitner said:

We are seeing that as a trend with other lines.  For example, we will soon be off to Greece for a Seabourn cruise (and some post cruise island hopping).  Both Greece and Seabourn require us to be fully vaccinated and both require us to show proof (the CDC Vaccination Cards are adequate).  However, Seabourn will also do a pre-embarkation test at the port (done in a tent) and do further testing during our cruise.  We will also need to get an Antigen test before we can fly back to the USA.  Requirements in other places are even tougher.  For example, we have a cruise in the Fall that embarks from Barbados.   Barbados mandates a standard PCR test within 3 days prior to the trip.  They further mandate another PCR test upon arrival on the island.  The cruise line mandates vaccinations and also does testing onboard.  And, of course, we will need an antigen test to return to the USA.  

So as you can see, the world seems to be adopting various protocols requiring both vaccinations and testing.  For those not vaccinated there are many additional requirements (assuming they can even travel) such as quarantines, additional testing, etc.

There is no way I would be willing to pay for this particular cruising  experience - much less Seabourn type of money.

Of course, as always, YMMV - I'll wait 😀

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

This is what I see under my account

Interesting, it does not say if proof of full vaccine is the original card or a photo of it. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-30 at 7.28.02 AM.png

Edited by Laszlo