Transferring OBC Between Cruises

K Cross

We will be doing a B2B in December. On the second leg we have something like $1300 in OBC but only about $300 on the first leg. Has anyone been successful in transferring their OBC between cruise bookings? Though I'd check with those who might know before I call Celebrity and sit on hold for an hour. 

Each cruise is independent and you can not transfer a Celebrity Credit to another cruise.    At the end of the cruise they zero out the accounts.

If it is an agent credit they may be able to  adjust. 

Each cruise is an independent booking and Celebrity OBC cannot be transferred between them.  I asked my travel agent once about splitting his OBC more evenly and he said no….it is tied to certain promotions and valid for that cruise only.  YMMV but I wouldn’t expect to be able to.   

28 minutes ago, Cruising is my passion said:

OBC from your TA is refundable to you! Does not have to be used on board. Go to Guest Relations and have them cash it out to you.

Most OBC from a TA is refundable however in some cases it is a joint  cruise line and TA promotion and it is not refundable.  That has been the case on 2 of our past booking.  I always ask the TA when booking if the OBC is refundable or non-refundable.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Most OBC from a TA is refundable however in some cases it is a joint  cruise line and TA promotion and it is not refundable.  That has been the case on 2 of our past booking.  I always ask the TA when booking if the OBC is refundable or non-refundable.

Agreed.  We have encountered that a couple times.  More frustrating, sometimes the TA says they’re not sure.  But thankfully usually it is refundable.

1 hour ago, Cruising is my passion said:

OBC from your TA is refundable to you! Does not have to be used on board. Go to Guest Relations and have them cash it out to you.

You don't have to do anything, the balance will show up as a credit on the credit card you registered when booking. It usually shows up in 3-4 days after the end of the cruise.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Unfortunately the OBC are not from the TA, rather from Celebrity promotions and a “Best Price” refund.

Looks like my wife will get those earrings she wants!

10 minutes ago, K Cross said:

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Unfortunately the OBC are not from the TA, rather from Celebrity promotions and a “Best Price” refund.

Yep, use it or lose it. 

• Like 1

I've been able to transfer one type of OBC.  The book on board bonus, when X cancels.  The only restriction is that the new booking can't have one already.  

We did a book onboard for Hawaii in May of 21.  When it cancelled, I was able to move that OBC to a cruise in 2023 (which was the only one at the time that didn't have one already).

19 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Agreed.  We have encountered that a couple times.  More frustrating, sometimes the TA says they’re not sure.  But thankfully usually it is refundable.

I've also had this in the past.   When you check your credits while aboard there will be a R in the code for refundable amounts and N for non-refundable.    Also the front desk will run a report and tell you the amount of both types.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2021 at 9:54 AM, K Cross said:

Very happy for your wife! 😁 and for you too...happy wife...happy life.

Enjoy your cruise.