Anybody else tired of the 70's disco party?

3 hours ago, 2chiefs said:

Year after year, it's the same party on every cruise. It's getting a little stale for me,

Anyone else like to see it go away?

I got tired of them in the 70’s.😊 haven’t been to one since and have no intention of doing so any time soon.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, SECdawg said:

I will take the 70's disco party any night over another magician/juggler!

I'm the exact opposite.

Do away with the 70s and bring on more magicians.

Of course, even better would be a 60's night!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

have been on many cruises and have seen many entertainment venues. Can't stand disco at all. I am a born rocker all the way. Lets have Rocker parties and Crank It Up .From the 60's and up. The play list is endless.

• Like 5

Before everything shut down, I was tired of the 70s party. Now I'm looking forward to its cheesy goodness. In a few cruises, I may be tired of it again. 

But I'm fortunate that I sincerely love almost every musical genre, so there's always something for me no matter what ship I'm on.

Magicians and jugglers used to be my "OK, I'll go in, but I'm sitting in the balcony so I can duck out early if I need to" show. But now the balcony is for unvaxed, so I'm not sure what I'll do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cigar King said:

I'm tired of most of the "entertainment" on the cruise.  I just assume there are a lot of people who don't get the chance to cruise as often as we do and it's a new fun experience for them.  That being said, I love the 70's music, and who doesn't enjoy seeing the Village People!

I would love to see the cruise lines mix it up a bit, but, I imagine that might be harder on the staff.

Anyway, these activities can usually be avoided.

I would not go to see The Village People for any amount of money that could be offered.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

They need to get rid of the 70's Disco and move on to 70's and 80's Punk!

Lots of The Ramones, The Clash, The Six Pistols... (might have spelled that one wrong??)

Good old fashioned family entertainment.... and with a heck of a beat! 🕺💃

I saw The Ramones for the first time in 1974 ,a nice wholesome family band.I had a friend known as Richie D who occasionally sat in with the band.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, yogimax said:

I'm the exact opposite.

Do away with the 70s and bring on more magicians.

Of course, even better would be a 60's night!

I would opt for a 60’s night.In my opinion there is nothing better than classic rock from 1965 to 1975.

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, watson50 said:

have been on many cruises and have seen many entertainment venues. Can't stand disco at all. I am a born rocker all the way. Lets have Rocker parties and Crank It Up .From the 60's and up. The play list is endless.

I agree ,100% .

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cheesepleese said:

I've never been a big fan of the disco music, more classic rock and some blues music. 

RIP Dusty, always loved ZZ Top and you will be missed.

Ditto re Dusty.

Are you familiar with The Bert Wills Band ? If not,check them out on You Tube.

• Like 1

As for the entertainment onboard most is doable, however the RCI Singers

and Dancers are the very worst.  With all the talent shows going now, American Idol, The Voice and America’s Got Talent there’s no shortage of good performers yet Royal seems to seek out mediocre performers that try to sing so loudly it’s awful. These shows have been replaced by upscale productions on Oasis Class & others and it’s a welcome relief. 

I wasn't a fan of the 70's in the the 70's, and still not a fan. Except Kiss, and Sweet's Ballroom Blitz.

Now, 80's/90's heavy meatal, "hair bands", and other 80's/90's rock (up until grunge, and no rap, very little pop) thrown in, and I'm there!

• Haha 1

Curmudgeon Joe, Here...

Yes, the disco party can go. Please no more ABBA, Macarena, Electric slide, Black Eyed Peas, Justin Bieber...

All AC/DC Party would be great. Beginning and ending the night with Metallica's Sandman.

Edited by neverbeenhere
Rock-N-Roll aint no Riddle, to me it make good sense!!
  • Like 3

60s would be much better.  Better music, better costumes.  I hate being reminded of what I listened to and wore in the 70's.  We thought we looked cool.  I've seen pictures, we didn't.  And even if they saty with the 70's, there were much better bands than The Village People.  If they want to be realistic, they need to add a room with all glass table tops....

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

Curmudgeon Joe, Here...

Yes, the disco party can go. Please no more ABBA, Macarena, Electric slide, Black Eyed Peas, Justin Bieber...

All AC/DC Party would be great. Beginning and ending the night with Metallica's Sandman.

now you're talking! maybe throw a little Ozzie in there as well

You're not going to please everyone.  I think the current 70s party appeals to the most people with high energy and song recognition.  They have to avoid something too niche since they are trying to attract people from 6 to 60+.  Sure it's cheesy, that's the point.  And they get a lot of crowd participation with the Village People.  I'd love to see an 80's party - they would have a lot of the same issues and could do a boy band and a female supergroup or Madonna/The GoGo's kind of thing.  Keep the high energy and recognition factor but change it up a little.  Just my two cents - but what do I know?  I only work in entertainment.  😉

• Like 1