Now need a test EVEN if vaccinated!

Does anyone know if these two alternate Rapid COVID19 Tests will be accepted by RCI for vaccinated passenger to present at the pier so they can board.  I know they accept the Rapid Antigen Test:

• Abbot Lab's ID Now
  • Nucleic Acid Amplification Test, or NAAT

The Walgreens close by does this type of test but I don't think they do the Antigen test (closest place the website gave me as VA and we are in SC)  I'm going to check with the Walgreens pharmacist tomorrow.  An urgent care clinic does the NAAT.

However, CVS does the Antigen test.  

Edited by SherriZ366

8 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

I'm still confused -- is it August 1 - August 31, 2021 or August 1 - December 31, 2021?  Can we get confirmation on which period is correct?  In addition to our August cruise, we have cruises in October and December 2021? 

Someone asked that on Michael Bayley's FB page where he posted the announcement sayint it was through August not December  and got some vague answer saying " more announcements will be coming soon"

I don't really understand why everyone is so worried about testing? We have cases here and high vaccination rates. It is not a big deal, even with having to fly from California to Florida. :classic_smile:

I've never been tested either, but it doesn't seem like a big deal? 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, orville99 said:

We don’t intend to get off the ship in any ports until all the restrictions are gone. 

So, you are saying a passenger is not required to meet the Covid protocols for entry to each and every port of a scheduled cruise if that passenger does not wish to disembark at a particular port. That certainly simplifies things.

47 minutes ago, erber said:

So, you are saying a passenger is not required to meet the Covid protocols for entry to each and every port of a scheduled cruise if that passenger does not wish to disembark at a particular port. That certainly simplifies things.

I believe that if one does not meet a particular port's protocols, they can only participate in a ship sponsored excursion.

11 hours ago, gadaboutgal said:

The forms you complete for Walgreens and CVS require you to attest that your answers are true.  

But how do you know whether or not you have been exposed to someone who is asymptomatic.  Anytime you walk out in public you are being exposed to it... whether you know it or not.  Therefore, you can truthfully say you believe you have been exposed...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, erber said:

Curious if anyone knows if a passenger  wishes to disembark at the RC private island if one has to apply for  the Bahamas visa. 

As of now, you don’t need a Bahamian visa for a port stop. 

16 hours ago, gfountain1 said:

It’s taking a full 45 days to get our refunds for our cruise we cancelled. Is that everyone else’s experience that’s cancelled before? 

FYI, it took almost 3 months to get my T&F and cruise planner refunds back in mid 2020.

Also, my experience is that they will be in many different amounts credited to the CC.  One of them was for $.30.🤪

Edited by nelblu
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nelblu said:

FYI, it took almost 3 months to get my T&F and cruise planner refunds back in mid 2020.

Also, my experience is that they will be in many different amounts credited to the CC.  One of them was for $.30.🤪

Ok, glad I’m not going crazy. We got 2 refunds within a month of cancelling for random amounts so we were left scratching our heads. They didn’t line up with any of the charges. Thanks. 

2 hours ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

But how do you know whether or not you have been exposed to someone who is asymptomatic.  Anytime you walk out in public you are being exposed to it... whether you know it or not.  Therefore, you can truthfully say you believe you have been exposed...

If you say you were exposed to get a free test 3 days before the cruise then  what are you going to answer for the health questionnaire on the App?  

7 hours ago, Coralc said:

I don't really understand why everyone is so worried about testing? We have cases here and high vaccination rates. It is not a big deal, even with having to fly from California to Florida. :classic_smile:

I've never been tested either, but it doesn't seem like a big deal? 

Well, one reason I’m worried is I want to make sure the test I take is one the ship will accept.  Seems there is one that isn’t accepted but I’m not clear on which one that is.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2021 at 12:39 PM, Tromler said:

testing is free at CVS nationwide...you can check off "to comply with travel testing policies" when scheduling online at cvs.com  

I work for Aetna/CVS.....i also see that walgreens also is covering at 100%...

Thanks for the info ❤️❤️❤️

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, gadaboutgal said:

The forms you complete for Walgreens and CVS require you to attest that your answers are true.  

Yes, and all you do is check the box for Travel, in order to protect others . . . on the CVS website.  Still no cost to patient.  

Edited by lazydayz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, lazydayz said:

... on the CVS website.  Still no cost to patient.  

Says "$0 Out of Pocket Expense... with insurance or federal program for uninsured"

Please check your insurance policies as some only cover if the test is ordered by a physician.  Walking into a CVS, without a doctor's order, may result in you having to pay, possibly several hundreds of dollars, for the test.

45 minutes ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

Says "$0 Out of Pocket Expense... with insurance or federal program for uninsured"

Please check your insurance policies as some only cover if the test is ordered by a physician.  Walking into a CVS, without a doctor's order, may result in you having to pay, possibly several hundreds of dollars, for the test.

Over the course of the pandemic I have been tested at least four times at CVS.  There has never been any charge to me.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

Thanks for the info ❤️❤️❤️

But be careful as only some do rapid.

And some also require doctors note.

Not all CVS are alike.

That is why I am going with Walgreens but even some of their stores want doctor note.

Read carefully before you sign up

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Some may have a real dislike for the nasal swab associated with testing.

The instructions for the self-administered drive through RT antigen test says to insert the swab at least an inch into the nostril, twirl it around and then repeat in the other nostril Anyone who is concerned can “practice” with a q-tip. Just measure an inch from the end and hold the q-tip just below that and then gently insert into your nose and twirl it a bit. It is not as unpleasant as the media makes it out to be.

• Like 1