Now need a test EVEN if vaccinated!

4 minutes ago, bflysmile said:

Makes sense if you have kids and unvaccinated people on board you want to ensure NO ONE is bringing the virus on board because those people will get sicker and spread it more. Again, vaccinated people have to do more to keep unvaccinated people safe. 

Yup, time to go to the min. of 95% vaccinated onboard to be safe.    I see this happening in the next 2 weeks as summer vacations for children in most states will be over and they will be back in school.    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

Testing is free and everywhere.....so doesn't seem like a big deal in my mind......then again....I am on a Nassau sailing in 8 days.....

Where do you get free testing. 

I've never heard you can get free testing if you dont have a reason to think you have covid.

Please let us know. If it's free, ok, but not if I have to pay for it. 

Why is it always rcl with the worst protocols..first unvaccinated and now this. 

Pissed off

• Like 8

35 minutes ago, bgriffin5 said:

Does anyone know if the at home antigen tests would suffice for this?

There would be nothing to prove who was tested with a home test, could possibly be somebody other than the guest.

Edited by ZoeyVictoria

2 minutes ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

I have a dumb question.  I fly 8/21 (Saturday) and need a test no more than 3 days before and we sail 8/22 (Sunday) and need the same.  What is the earliest we could get a test that would count for 8/22?  Would it be 8/19 (Thurs)?  Trying to only have to do one test.

Yes, 8/19 would be the earliest you can test.     Day of Test is Day Zero , 8/20 = day 1, 8/21 = day 2, 8/22 = day 3 - you arrive at cruise terminal.

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

What... I'm thinking ***** actually. 2 x if b2b? 

I have 10 rcl cruises and fccs and nonrefundable deposits. This is not what I agreed to. Not fair. If they need to change to vaccinated cruises, not penalize vaccinated.. I'm mad.

B2B require testing between cruises already, whether or not you are vaccinated. That is what RCL told me last week when I inquired because we are B2B2B next month.  We were told the test between cruises was covered.  Not sure if this new rule changes that

Just now, firefly333 said:

Where do you get free testing. 

I've never heard you can get free testing if you dont have a reason to think you have covid.

Please let us know. If it's free, ok, but not if I have to pay for it. 

Why is it always rcl with the worst protocols..first unvaccinated and now this. 

Pissed off

it varies based on where you live.    In my town, none of the pharmacy offer free testing for travel,  but is free if you feel you were exposed or have symptoms.     

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

it varies based on where you live.    In my town, none of the pharmacy offer free testing for travel,  but is free if you feel you were exposed or have symptoms.     

Right that's what I said, if you feel you might have a reason you have covid they will test free.

Not just so you can cruise. If this isn't changed I'll be contacting rcl., shouldn't be on my dime.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

B2B require testing between cruises already, whether or not you are vaccinated. That is what RCL told me last week when I inquired because we are B2B2B next month.  We were told the test between cruises was covered.  Not sure if this new rule changes that

And the difference is b2b rcl picks up the tab. I dont have to arrange a test 3 days before my cruise on my dime. All the difference in the world imo. 

• Like 2

Just now, firefly333 said:

And the difference is b2b rcl picks up the tab. I dont have to arrange a test 3 days before my cruise on my dime. All the difference in the world imo. 

I wonder if they will change the fact that they are picking up the tab now though

1 minute ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

I wonder if they will change the fact that they are picking up the tab now though

I doubt it, there usually isn't that many people on b2b sailings and with reduced capacity sailings much only a few each week.   

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Right that's what I said, if you feel you might have a reason you have covid they will test free.

Not just so you can cruise. If this isn't changed I'll be contacting rcl., shouldn't be on my dime.

I agree with you on that and what do you do if you dont have a smart phone

• Like 1

I'm so glad I have resisted temptation and haven't booked any additional cruises during the pandemic.  I do have one L&S for this November that was booked in October, 2019 and unless the cruise is canceled or things get crazy stupid, my husband and I will be on it - but as I have always said, I won't cruise again if things can change at the drop of a hat and I have to be penalized for the unvaccinated.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

We JUST received the email from RCCL today, Thursday, at 1pm stating we need the test 3 days prior to sailing---we sail on MONDAY.  We've called 4 pharmacy companies so far in our area and none are doing rapid tests.  That leaves us with the PCR Test.  How can you do a PCR Test within 3 days of sailing AND produce the results when the results don't even get to sent to you until 3 to 5 days post test???!!!  I am NOT happy right now; am on the phone on hold with RCCL right now to try to get some alternatives.   

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, trippintex said:

I agree with you on that and what do you do if you dont have a smart phone

IF you have a computer and printer you should be able to print it out the test results and bring with your sea pass to the terminal.    

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Not surprised at all to hear this.    Lots of breakthrough cases are occurring every day.   Grant it something like 98 or 99% of the vaccinated people testing positive do not require hospitalization.   

But the cruise lines have to take every precaution they can to avoid any issues.   It's the responsible thing to do.   

Due to the delta variant, I wouldn't be surprised if they change their policy to 95% vaccinated rule for all sailings.

I think RCL is going to stand firm on their decision to not have the 95% vaccination rule, due to their “family vacation values” however, I can see them designating certain ships to be the 95% similar to how Adventure is right now in Nassau, but move everything back to US, and have one ship from every class be a vax only cruise. 

36 minutes ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

I have a dumb question.  I fly 8/21 (Saturday) and need a test no more than 3 days before and we sail 8/22 (Sunday) and need the same.  What is the earliest we could get a test that would count for 8/22?  Would it be 8/19 (Thurs)?  Trying to only have to do one test.

You only need an antigen test to get into the US. Which the rapid test is. Antigen is ok with Royal. I dunno what airport you're flying out of - but Toronto is giving rapid antigen tests in the airport. Just show up another 30 minutes before your flight and bingo bango you have a test to fly to the US and get on the ship.

The PCR you need to get home is harder to come by. There are some faster versions out there...but I tested on Wed morning and still don't have my results yet for a regular PCR. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

You only need an antigen test to get into the US. Which the rapid test is. Antigen is ok with Royal. I dunno what airport you're flying out of - but Toronto is giving rapid antigen tests in the airport. Just show up another 30 minutes before your flight and bingo bango you have a test to fly to the US and get on the ship.

The PCR you need to get home is harder to come by. There are some faster versions out there...but I tested on Wed morning and still don't have my results yet for a regular PCR. 

Is Royal doing the test at end of cruise or was that just the sailings in Nassau, etc.?   

If not, Maybe can pay Royal to do end of cruise test for flight purposes?

7 minutes ago, stamphappy said:

We JUST received the email from RCCL today, Thursday, at 1pm stating we need the test 3 days prior to sailing---we sail on MONDAY.  We've called 4 pharmacy companies so far in our area and none are doing rapid tests.  That leaves us with the PCR Test.  How can you do a PCR Test within 3 days of sailing AND produce the results when the results don't even get to sent to you until 3 to 5 days post test???!!!  I am NOT happy right now; am on the phone on hold with RCCL right now to try to get some alternatives.   

Even worse. How do you do it when you are coming off non royal ship and transferring to a royal ship on the same day and a sunday at that. Impossible. And a good number of people have bought the 26 night connecting cunard royal package with payment date 2moro.

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Is Royal doing the test at end of cruise or was that just the sailings in Nassau, etc.?   

If not, Maybe can pay Royal to do end of cruise test for flight purposes?

I think the test at the end is only for the unvax that have to pay for it on US sailings. In Nassau everyone needed it because pretty much none of the passengers were from the Bahamas so everyone needed one to fly home. 

For cruises out of the US their US passengers don't need a test to fly home. Now there's probably a decent chance since they have the testing equipment onboard that those not from the US could test on board - no idea if it'd be free or at a cost. I have seen zero posts about this. 

Edited by smplybcause

5 minutes ago, Tyro1 said:

I think RCL is going to stand firm on their decision to not have the 95% vaccination rule, due to their “family vacation values” however, I can see them designating certain ships to be the 95% similar to how Adventure is right now in Nassau, but move everything back to US, and have one ship from every class be a vax only cruise. 

Yes, I understand their family vacation values but figure kids go back to school in a couple weeks - some start as early as Aug 10th so majority of family vacations will be ending in couple weeks and family presence won't pick back up till the holiday season when kids have off from school.  

They should take advantage and do the 95% rule and let things calm down before there is a problem on a ship.   5% could apply to toddlers too young for school.    

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, stamphappy said:

Do you have CVS or Walgreens near you?    The ones in my area are getting PCR test results to people in 1 day or in some cases same day if test was done first thing in the morning.    Definitely best to try to get the test done today if results are taking longer to get in your area as weekend results are probably slower too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Even worse. How do you do it when you are coming off non royal ship and transferring to a royal ship on the same day and a sunday at that. Impossible. And a good number of people have bought the 26 night connecting cunard royal package with payment date 2moro.

Call Cunard and ask if you are able to get a test onboard before you board Royal.     then probably best to call Royal and ask if they accept test results from the first leg of your cruise on Cunard.    They should.     

If not, Royal should be able to do the test at their terminal as they are doing this with vloggers that are hoping from ship to ship in Florida right now. 

Hopefully your 26 night sailing happens, sounds like an amazing cruise.   I love month long sailings.   

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Call Cunard and ask if you are able to get a test onboard before you board Royal.     then probably best to call Royal and ask if they accept test results from the first leg of your cruise on Cunard.    They should.     

If not, Royal should be able to do the test at their terminal as they are doing this with vloggers that are hoping from ship to ship in Florida right now. 

Hopefully your 26 night sailing happens, sounds like an amazing cruise.   I love month long sailings.   

Doesn't all this change for these vloggers now with this announcement? We are not sure if it does or does not are we?