Changes to World Cruise 2022 Announced by Crystal - Replaced by a Grand Voyage

Posted (edited)

This just in from Crystal on the plans for revisions to the planned WC 2022 and yet to be confirmed Grand Voyage

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

July 29, 2021

Dear Valued Travel Partner,

Please find below a copy of the letter that will be sent today to your clients sailing aboard Crystal Serenity’s 2022 World Cruise: Myths, Marvels & Monuments: A Cultural Mosaic.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Regarding:

OCY220117-116 | Crystal Serenity | January 17, 2022 | 116 Nights | Miami to Miami | Myths, Marvels & Monuments: A Cultural Mosaic

Dear Valued Guest,

Our hearts were heavy when Covid necessitated the early termination of our 2020 World Cruise and, subsequently, the cancellation of the 2021 World Cruise. As we continue to relaunch our cruise operations and look once again to boldly explore this wonderful world of ours, so many countries remain uncertain in their recovery and ability to fully welcome cruising back at this moment in time. These are the untested waters we find ourselves navigating as we consider plans for the 2022 World Cruise. We do know with near certainty that many of our planned calls will not be available including those in Australia and New Zealand.

Nonetheless, we are planning to provide you with an amazing Crystal Grand Voyage that showcases the world’s treasured places and allows you to reconnect with our Officers and staff as well as your friends from prior cruises.

Therefore, we are developing two potential alternative Grand Voyages:

• An updated Pacific Rim itinerary that would connect with Crystal Serenity’s planned call in Istanbul on April 16, 2022.

OR

• An eastbound European Capitals itinerary that would also connect with Crystal’s Serenity’s published itinerary in Istanbul on April 16, 2022.

We hope to share our best and most enriching 2022 Grand Voyage itinerary with you in September, and at that time also unveil the itinerary for our 2024 World Cruise.

Although our current published cancellation penalties begin in mid-September, under no circumstance will we impose any cancellation penalty prior to giving you, our most valued guests, an opportunity to consider both the 2022 Grand Voyage and the 2024 World Cruise.

Thank you for being a member of our Crystal Family. We look forward to connecting with you soon and hopefully welcoming you back onboard in the coming year.

Regards,

Crystal
Guest Services

Edited by Stickman1990
  • Like 1

Does anyone really think Asia will be safe in 2022.Some places yes but not all. Option two sail to Europe and sail back!

Is Sept a little early for 2024.

• Like 1

• Stickman1990 changed the title to Changes to World Cruise 2022 Announced by Crystal - Replaced by a Grand Voyage
9 minutes ago, bayonejoe said:

Europe in January?

I signed up for the now I’ll fated 2022 W.C. while on board Symphony in June 2019.

I think many will cancel or move money to 23 or 24.

I was thinking Carribbean and sail in March to Med.not my idea of fun.

2 minutes ago, bitob said:

Can I assume that the Serenity itineraries starting with the Istanbul to Montecarlo cruise on April16 are not going to change?

Apparently so - but of course EVERYTHING is subject to COVID implications - so will they never change? No one can say that with any degree of certainty what 2022 (let alone the rest of 2021) holds

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Mrs. Claypool said:

Will the Grand Voyage (whether to the east or west) embark from Miami, as was the case for the now-cancelled World Cruise?

Emily

I would think you would prefer CA 

1 hour ago, bitob said:

Can I assume that the Serenity itineraries starting with the Istanbul to Montecarlo cruise on April16 are not going to change?

I would not even promise 2023 or 2024 not changing 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mrs. Claypool said:

Will the Grand Voyage (whether to the east or west) embark from Miami, as was the case for the now-cancelled World Cruise?

Emily

I dont think World Cruise is a geat idea taking into account our current situation. Short river and atlantic cruises will be more than enough. A nice 10 day cruise from Miami to New York or Canada is a great place to start after the pandemic. In any case, I wish you a great cruise 

• Like 1

Let the speculation begin. 

West bound:  Caribbean, Panama canal, LA, voyage with some combination of islands, Indochina/Viet Nam/Hong Kong, Phillipines, Indian Ocean islands, maybe India, Middle East, Red Sea Safaga/Aqaba, Suez Canal, Israel, Cypress, Istanbul. 

East bound: Caribbean, Panama Canal, South America, cross to west coast Africa (and/or outer islands), Horn of Africa, Madagascar, maybe Seychelles, Red Sea to Istanbul as west bound itinerary.

I think Crystal can come up with an attractive itinerary either way and stay in warmer waters thru Istanbul.

6 hours ago, Mrs. Claypool said:

Emily

Emily it could but we'll have to see when the final itinerary comes out.        I would think it would be somewhere on the East Coast whether Miami or even New York City ( I know could be cold with some snow) but then again Europe is going to be chilly should that area be chosen. 

Keith

10 hours ago, Roel94 said:

Does anyone really think Asia will be safe in 2022.Some places yes but not all. Option two sail to Europe and sail back!

Is Sept a little early for 2024.

They used to release the "next" WC itinerary on the current WC. The 2023 itinerary was released in March 2020 during the WC. We booked it onboard. Using that as guide, September is actually later than normal.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bitob said:

I will go almost anywhere LOL

Going to replace our 37 day segment booking with whatever they offer.

Covid has really adjusted my perspective on seasonal travel.  Nowadays, as long as it's not colder than here in winter, or warmer than here in summer, I consider it a great option...  And even colder than here in winter isn't a dealbreaker.

Vince

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Mrs. Claypool said:

And if it does leave from Miami, does that mean that the Grand Voyage will be open to unvaccinated guests, as well?

Yes, I realize that this speculation is casting pretty far ahead into the future.

Emily

• Like 1

I am not sure that I understand the message about April 16, 2022, in Istanbul.  (1) Does that signify the end of the proposed Grand Cruise?  (2) If so, that means a cruise that is shorter by 17 days or so.  Does that mean that there will be a reduced cost?  (3) Does that mean that the cruise will NOT end up in Miami, (which was to be a selling point for those who do not wish to fly internationally)?

2 hours ago, nmbrcruzr said:

I am not sure that I understand the message about April 16, 2022, in Istanbul.  (1) Does that signify the end of the proposed Grand Cruise?  (2) If so, that means a cruise that is shorter by 17 days or so.  Does that mean that there will be a reduced cost?  (3) Does that mean that the cruise will NOT end up in Miami, (which was to be a selling point for those who do not wish to fly internationally)?

My take is either cruise goes to Istanbul where it goes to the east coast and likely Miami. 

Keith

16 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

My take is either cruise goes to Istanbul where it goes to the east coast and likely Miami. 

Keith

Hope so.  Just booked Istanbul to Miami.😎

3 hours ago, nmbrcruzr said:

At this point everything is pure speculation. My "read" is that the World Cruise per se, is going to be cancelled. The replacement is one or the other of the Grand Voyage options, either of which will end in Istanbul on April 16. The itineraries from their back to Miami will be considered individual sailings and not "The World Cruise". Again, this is just a "wild assed guess" on my part, and I could be completely wrong. I think the best bet is to sit tight and wait until September when they release the selected Grand Voyage itinerary.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, bitob said:

I will go almost anywhere LOL

Going to replace our 37 day segment booking with whatever they offer.

During the 2022 winter season, there might be substantial interest in Grand Voyages to nowhere (or to one country).  Crystal’s sea days tend to be very active and enjoyable.

Covid is a worldwide enigma.  Apparently, Crystal’s itineraries and local port arrangements are established based on presumed future availability, without worrying about regulations and arrival/departure conditions customers may ultimately face.  Crystal’s Ticket Contract is skewed in their favor.  Rebates are hard to obtain.   Hence, early bookings on lengthy multinational cruises are risky and prone to disappointing revisions.

Edited by Jim9310

12 hours ago, Roland4 said:

They used to release the "next" WC itinerary on the current WC. The 2023 itinerary was released in March 2020 during the WC. We booked it onboard. Using that as guide, September is actually later than normal.

I was thinking March 22 for release date vs fall 21.