Jump to content

Masks or cancellations again???


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, joelheather said:

Will masks on cruising be mandatory, or will another no sail order be enforced due to cases rising? your thoughts…

My thought....masks will be mandatory on/off the ships, especially with the allowance of non vaxed passengers to sail with vaccinated passengers. Since the government wants to "pay" $100 so non vaxed will get vaxed, I say they hold out for at least $1000 so they can upgrade their cruise cabin.....just kidding of course.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, joelheather said:

Will masks on cruising be mandatory, or will another no sail order be enforced due to cases rising? your thoughts…

CDC a recommendation only. Not a mandate. This has all been caused by the unvaccinated.

  • Like 21
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Masks are only being recommended in areas with low vaccination rates. Carnival requires 95% of passengers to be vaccinated. 

 

IMO, the only thing that would interfere with Carnival cruising is if there is a major outbreak on a 95% vaccinated ship.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

it will be interesting to see what happens to the 6 cases on the adventure of seas right now. if the proctols work and the cruise line has the cases pretty well then i think they will not be a cruise shutdown and mask might be a required for now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

CDC a recommendation only. Not a mandate. This has all been caused by the unvaccinated.

We went almost an entire year from the start of covid until the vaccine was widely available, which is plenty of time for mutations to have occurred.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I rebooked after the first successful sail of the Horizon for the September 4th sailing. I did this as masks on board were not required. If Carnival changes that policy between now and the  requires masking on board I will not sail and will expect Carnival to let me cancel penalty free.  No way in hell am I wearing a mask on board all day and night. 

  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Before this post gets shut down, lol, I'll say that I hope given Carnival's stance of having only vaccinated voyages that there won't be a necessity with Carnival and Delta while easily transmitted is not as dangerous, especially to the vaccinated which the vast majority of Carnival ships will be. I think no shut down at all and most likely no masks for vaccinated passengers. Going out in 3 weeks on the Breeze, so we'll see how it sails. As well, the expectation that there will NEVER be a case of Covid on a ship is about like expecting there to NEVER be a case of Norovirus. It's just not going to happen. Right now the news has Covid to report instead of Noro so they're playing it up- it gets people to watch. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

We went almost an entire year from the start of covid until the vaccine was widely available, which is plenty of time for mutations to have occurred.

 

 

 

Yes, but at this point in time nearly anyone can get vaccinated, and it's those who for whatever reason that choose not to which are allowing the huge surge again.  Granted, there are a few people who have medical conditions which preclude them from taking the vaccine (I know two people who fall into that category), but for the vast majority of teens and adults the vaccine is available.

 

As for having to wear a mask on board, I just don't know yet if I'd cancel or not.  I don't mind a mask when I go to a store etc., but I kind of feel like I should be be 'rewarded' for being vaccinated and not have to mask up while on a cruise.  I'm anxiously watching what Carnival does.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

No worries here if masks were to become required.

 

I will wear a mask in a crowd.

I will wear a mask with colors loud.

I will wear one on a boat.

I will wear one with a goat.

I will avoid covid if I can.

I do not want covid, sam I am.  /drseuss

Edited by arkaine23
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's hard to say what will happen.  It looks like masks are being required on land for everyone in more places.  The CDC definitely has the power to require masks on cruise ships since their power is over transportation.  That's regardless of the lawsuit with Florida.  Whether the CDC can shut down cruises completely remains to be seen.  Hopefully, it won't come to that as long as cruises continue as they are with very few positive cases and no severe cases.  But masks for everyone?  I think the CDC has a 50/50 chance of making them mandatory for everyone again.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm in the group that will postpone cruising if masks become mandatory in indoor places. It isn't a vacation I would enjoy.

From what I've seen, the return to cruising has been very successful so far. Yes, cases have come up but they have largely been asymptomatic. The disruption of quarantining after asymptomatic positive tests seems to be a bigger issue than illness from the virus. As long as that continues to be the case I don't see requirements changing. I hope... maybe... Semper Gumby.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

We went almost an entire year from the start of covid until the vaccine was widely available, which is plenty of time for mutations to have occurred.

 

 

and there were many mutations or variants during that time and will be many yet to come. hopefully the Delta is as bad as they get but no way to know until the time comes. i think they are just k=now finding out how really bad the Delta is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Brew12 said:

I'm in the group that will postpone cruising if masks become mandatory in indoor places. It isn't a vacation I would enjoy.

From what I've seen, the return to cruising has been very successful so far. Yes, cases have come up but they have largely been asymptomatic. The disruption of quarantining after asymptomatic positive tests seems to be a bigger issue than illness from the virus. As long as that continues to be the case I don't see requirements changing. I hope... maybe... Semper Gumby.

I agree here. One of the big reasons I'm cruising as early as I am is because I thought being vaccinated would mean a fairly normal cruising experience on board the ship. Otherwise I would have waited until December when I had hoped things will have settled down. If masking is implemented on board I'd be really disappointed. It's getting really close to my leaving to try and cancel everything without a substantial loss so I'd probably end up going but it would be disappointing and I'd enjoy it a lot less. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jasonsterling said:

I agree here. One of the big reasons I'm cruising as early as I am is because I thought being vaccinated would mean a fairly normal cruising experience on board the ship. Otherwise I would have waited until December when I had hoped things will have settled down. If masking is implemented on board I'd be really disappointed. It's getting really close to my leaving to try and cancel everything without a substantial loss so I'd probably end up going but it would be disappointing and I'd enjoy it a lot less. 

 

I leave in three weeks and am getting more nervous that the CDC will require masks for everyone by the time my cruise gets here.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TNcruising02 said:

 

I leave in three weeks and am getting more nervous that the CDC will require masks for everyone by the time my cruise gets here.

Positive thoughts! There hasn’t been an outbreak yet and there’s been several successful cruises so far. I’m sure it’ll work out and everyone will have awesome cruises! 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jasonsterling said:

I agree here. One of the big reasons I'm cruising as early as I am is because I thought being vaccinated would mean a fairly normal cruising experience on board the ship. Otherwise I would have waited until December when I had hoped things will have settled down. If masking is implemented on board I'd be really disappointed. It's getting really close to my leaving to try and cancel everything without a substantial loss so I'd probably end up going but it would be disappointing and I'd enjoy it a lot less. 

I've been considering trying to my cruise up to ASAP for just this reason. But I'm hopeful we will stay with the current guidance. It does seem to be working. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Jasonsterling said:

I agree here. One of the big reasons I'm cruising as early as I am is because I thought being vaccinated would mean a fairly normal cruising experience on board the ship. Otherwise I would have waited until December when I had hoped things will have settled down. If masking is implemented on board I'd be really disappointed. It's getting really close to my leaving to try and cancel everything without a substantial loss so I'd probably end up going but it would be disappointing and I'd enjoy it a lot less. 

We will be cruising the middle of September so a month and a half for things to change drastically.  We normally sail in cove balconies, but we changed our cabin to one on deck 8 to avoid spending all that time in elevators if masks are mandated. I don't mind 3 or flights of stairs at a time, or the short hop between three floors on the elevator but no urge to trot up 8 flights to get my ice cream fix. 🙂

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope I don't have to wear a mask on board but I won't cancel if I do.  I NEED a vacation and we have a nice room and balcony to hang out on (all week if need be).  I'll just put on my mask to hop down to Alchemy and take my drink back to my room.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, webzila said:

I wish I could travel into the future and find out. I would also get the winning lottery numbers while I am there.

Exactly.  If we could only predict the future on these boards.....which we can't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If they were to require masks onboard for all passengers, we’d postpone — not necessarily because we would think the requirement was the wrong thing to do, but simply because we’d prefer to wait than to have to comply.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Bevv said:

We will be cruising the middle of September so a month and a half for things to change drastically.  We normally sail in cove balconies, but we changed our cabin to one on deck 8 to avoid spending all that time in elevators if masks are mandated. I don't mind 3 or flights of stairs at a time, or the short hop between three floors on the elevator but no urge to trot up 8 flights to get my ice cream fix. 🙂

Looks like there was a swirls on deck 8 or one of the lower decks that isn’t lido. So, problem solved! No trotting! Or well no excessive trotting. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...