Jump to content

What's up with Princess taking away some Platinum perks?


P.A.
 Share

Recommended Posts

So I always loved having the free wifi mins when I became Platinum. Now I hear they are taking that away and now you get 50% off the wifi pkg. Just another way to make a buck I guess.🤑

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Definitely not impressed with this.  On our next two cruises we have unlimited wifi as a perk, but for future  cruises we may have just gone with the basic fare.  Loyalty is being punished, it seems.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

This has been the topic of conversation for the past month.  You might want to search the threads for the discussions...

I do not like the search field since it's changed. Can't find anything. There used to be a search field for each topic, not it seems it's just search at the top right of the page. I tried searching this topic first and couldn't find anything. Am I doing something wrong? I hope I am🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

sometimes things  change  - some we like, some not so much

 

it is still our decision to accept those changes we can't control, or it may be time to move on ... at least we still have a choice...

33 minutes ago, P.A. said:

So I always loved having the free wifi mins when I became Platinum. Now I hear they are taking that away and now you get 50% off the wifi pkg. Just another way to make a buck I guess.🤑

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, P.A. said:

So I always loved having the free wifi mins when I became Platinum. Now I hear they are taking that away and now you get 50% off the wifi pkg. Just another way to make a buck I guess.🤑

been a long time since they made a buck....

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For most of my recent cruises, I have purchased the internet package. The new discount makes it less for me. I'm willing to spend $5 a day to have unlimited Wi-Fi. The ones who are really getting screwed are the ones who used to be able to buy packages for long cruises. I know that on our transatlantic in 2019 that the people who were doing back-to-back cruises paid the same thing initially for internet as we did even though they had been on the ship an extra 12 days. The way it used to work was that there was a package price for cruises that were up to 29 days long. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, P.A. said:

I do not like the search field since it's changed. Can't find anything. There used to be a search field for each topic, not it seems it's just search at the top right of the page. I tried searching this topic first and couldn't find anything. Am I doing something wrong? I hope I am🤔

 

Use this search box:

image.png.bba4a2f0d80cba2120f1181b84afb800.png

Click INSIDE the search area and you will get a context menu:

 

image.png.d666f90df311f6f19c98d13c7b524241.png

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm okay with the change,  because it was a real nuisance trying to log in and out and keep track of the minutes.  Unlimited wifi will keep DH much happier 🙂

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Thrak said:

 

Use this search box:

image.png.bba4a2f0d80cba2120f1181b84afb800.png

Click INSIDE the search area and you will get a context menu:

 

image.png.d666f90df311f6f19c98d13c7b524241.png

Thanks. I did try this. Better than the one at the top but still not as good as the old one.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, P.A. said:

I do not like the search field since it's changed. Can't find anything. There used to be a search field for each topic, not it seems it's just search at the top right of the page. I tried searching this topic first and couldn't find anything. Am I doing something wrong? I hope I am🤔

I searched loyalty + perks and found a thread that I remembered from almost a month ago:

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trading conditions have been vet difficult the past year.  They have got to keep the company going and in this respect restructure various things.  The problem with loyalty schemes is that as the years pass more and more people get into the higher levels.  This makes it less attractive to newcomers to the brand and they are very important to a company that wishes to continuously expand.  

 

Regards John

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, geoherb said:

For most of my recent cruises, I have purchased the internet package. The new discount makes it less for me. I'm willing to spend $5 a day to have unlimited Wi-Fi. The ones who are really getting screwed are the ones who used to be able to buy packages for long cruises.

 

For a 33 day cruise, we are going from a free combined 1000 minutes to a single package for $165 and being told we should be happy since we are not paying full price of $330.

 

Quite a difference since we only use the Internet about 20 minutes a day.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...