Close to MIA, beer, and pizza ?

Flying down to Miami on a Sunday for a Monday cruise. My goal is to find a clean hotel near MIA that I can walk from to buy a 6 pack of beer. My plan is to relax at the hotel with a couple beers, a pizza, and watch football.

Quick and convenient is the goal of the day. I haven't booked my flight yet but I am most likely arriving early afternoon. I don't want to have to do a lot of messing around. Get me a beer a pizza and a tv asap lol.

Ty for any suggestions. I have not stayed near MIA in a long time.

EB? 🤔

I was going to suggest the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon, with a strip mall across the street with grocery, drug and liquor stores plus fast food and other eating options.

Ty John, I had never heard of EB Hotel but I ended up with them through a Priceline deal. Saved about $100 vs. a direct booking and the property gets outstanding reviews. 

That Hampton Inn would have worked nicely as well. I think I sometimes can't help myself and need to use Hotwire / Priceline to satisfy the gambler in me lol.

Why would you eat pizza in Miami?

and you're from NY?

If you want some good take away to go with your beer, look for and order some empanadas and Jamaican patties (both are similar) and if you want some sweet, pastelitos (flaky fruit filled pastry)

Nothing wild, nothing crazy, just meat patties and fruit patties

Many times you can get your beer at same place

You're welcome 

7 hours ago, EngIceDave said:

Why would you eat pizza in Miami?

and you're from NY?

If you want some good take away to go with your beer, look for and order some empanadas and Jamaican patties (both are similar) and if you want some sweet, pastelitos (flaky fruit filled pastry)

Nothing wild, nothing crazy, just meat patties and fruit patties

Many times you can get your beer at same place

You're welcome 

Your other best bet in Miami is to ask the hotel front desk to suggest a local Cuban restaurant. 🙂

You are correct, my initial plan was easy all day food for the room while watching football. My adult son will be with me and we will want to lay low after a day of travel... hence the pizza thought.

Luckily we have several food choices near our hotel so I am sure we will have a nice spread in the room. 

We have other family that are booking this cruise and the more I look at the EB Hotel the more I like it. We may end up with a bigger football party than initially planned.

• Like 1

Try double tree hotel right by the pier there a nice Italian restaurant with good nyc pizza in lobby several other restaurants and bars in lobby area and you can see your ship from the balcony in the morning. 

18 hours ago, George C said:

Try double tree hotel right by the pier there a nice Italian restaurant with good nyc pizza in lobby several other restaurants and bars in lobby area and you can see your ship from the balcony in the morning. 

Love that Doubletree! 😎

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/2/2021 at 11:56 AM, George C said:

Try double tree hotel right by the pier 

Ty George but I am staying near MIA because I want to get settled in as soon as my flight lands. When I do stay near POM / downtown I usually go with the Intercontinental.

Edited by Ilovesailaway
didn't finish message
  • Like 1