Jump to content

RCCL to Charge for Onboard Testing for Fully Vaccinated?


Recommended Posts

Maybe I'm reading today's email incorrectly but it seems to imply that we will be subject to onboard testing even though fully vaccinated and charged $178 per person.  

 

We're scheduled on Symphony, 7 night, later in August.  The email reads...

 

"The total charge from the third-party testing vendor for guests 12 and older is $136 USD per guest on sailings 5 nights or less, or $178 USD per guest for sailings of 6 nights or more. This amount will be applied to the guest's onboard expense account."

 

Is this correct for those of us fully vaccinated?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got an email today for my Aug 29 sailing.

 

At the top of the section it says "Guests who provide documentation of full vaccination will be exempt from these requirements, unless specified below."

 

Look at your email again and see if that language is at the top of the protocols for unvaccinated guests.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, BeancounterUSA said:

I got an email today for my Aug 29 sailing.

 

At the top of the section it says "Guests who provide documentation of full vaccination will be exempt from these requirements, unless specified below."

 

Look at your email again and see if that language is at the top of the protocols for unvaccinated guests.

Yes, it says...

 

"Guests who provide documentation of full vaccination will be exempt from these requirements, unless specified below."

 

Specified below is the following...

 

"Mid-Cruise (for sailings 6 Nights or Longer): Guests 12 and older are required to undergo an antigen test for COVID-19 administered onboard by one of our testing vendors. Guests will be notified onboard about how to register for this test."
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, rtazz17 said:

So no you do not test after providing proof if you are vaccinated. Its pretty clear.

Not clear to me.  The onboard testing is "Specified Below"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Not clear to me.  The onboard testing is "Specified Below"

 

Look under the pre-boarding testing..that's the only one that specifically mentions there is no exemption for vaccinated indviduals.  It's in bold.  That is the only "specified below" they are referring to.  Vaccinated is exempt from all the other testing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, yogimax said:

Maybe I'm reading today's email incorrectly but it seems to imply that we will be subject to onboard testing even though fully vaccinated and charged $178 per person.  

 

We're scheduled on Symphony, 7 night, later in August.  The email reads...

 

"The total charge from the third-party testing vendor for guests 12 and older is $136 USD per guest on sailings 5 nights or less, or $178 USD per guest for sailings of 6 nights or more. This amount will be applied to the guest's onboard expense account."

 

Is this correct for those of us fully vaccinated?

Why does it cost less to test on a cruise of 5 nights are less? You get 3/4 of a test.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, yogimax said:

Yes, it says...

 

"Guests who provide documentation of full vaccination will be exempt from these requirements, unless specified below."

 

Specified below is the following...

 

"Mid-Cruise (for sailings 6 Nights or Longer): Guests 12 and older are required to undergo an antigen test for COVID-19 administered onboard by one of our testing vendors. Guests will be notified onboard about how to register for this test."
 


It literally says you're EXEMPT FROM BELOW unless it says otherwise. 

Since it doesn't specify that "this applies to vaccinated guests" on the part below, it does not apply to vaccinated guests, as stated in the first part. 



 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, brillohead said:


It literally says you're EXEMPT FROM BELOW unless it says otherwise. 

Since it doesn't specify that "this applies to vaccinated guests" on the part below, it does not apply to vaccinated guests, as stated in the first part. 



 


It was very clear to me as well.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, yogimax said:

Not clear to me.  The onboard testing is "Specified Below"


To specify something, you actually name it or mention it.  What you're calling "specified below" isn't a specification mentioning vaccinated guests, but just a continuation of the entire letter listing the protocols in place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ALL passengers have to be tested within 3 days of the cruise at their expense through August 31st. Any test will be accepted by bringing the negative test e-mail or on your phone at check in at the port. No test, no sail. No more  testing for vaccinated passengers.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, rtazz17 said:

Lol,I think we explained this pretty well in 13 posts for something that is clear already on royals site. Smh:)

I saw a post by birdtravels that he thought he would be charged 178 for tests between his b2b2b so maybe it's not entirely clear what it means.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

ALL passengers have to be tested within 3 days of the cruise at their expense through August 31st. Any test will be accepted by bringing the negative test e-mail or on your phone at check in at the port. No test, no sail. No more  testing for vaccinated passengers.

On RCL's Q&A site, it states that the testing requirement goes through December 31.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm starting to get confused, easy to do these days with constant changes.

I thought royal was requiring passengers 12 or older to be vaccinated as of august 1st.  Does that apply to all US sailings or except those sailing out of FL?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm starting to get confused, easy to do these days with constant changes.

I thought royal was requiring passengers 12 or older to be vaccinated as of august 1st.  Does that apply to all US sailings or except those sailing out of FL?

I can not speak for all, but I know the 12 and older vaccine requirement is in place for Texas and Seattle embarkations; not for Florida

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

I think this thread should be deleted.  It is very misleading😇


if we got to delete stuff for being misleading I’d be very happy.   Bye bye CDC.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, orville99 said:

On RCL's Q&A site, it states that the testing requirement goes through December 31.

Isn't  December 31 only for Fla.  Unless updated yesterday, Texas still states on Independence thru Aug.  Requested a refund yesterday after I read December 31 but was told my sailing protocols for October have not been announced???  So confusing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Pineapple Princess said:

Isn't  December 31 only for Fla.  Unless updated yesterday, Texas still states on Independence thru Aug.  Requested a refund yesterday after I read December 31 but was told my sailing protocols for October have not been announced???  So confusing.

 

 

I get more confused with everything I read.  We have a Nov 5th out of Baltimore and a Dec 31st out of NJ coming up.  have to wait and see how it all plays out.  The Nov 5th cruise has final payment coming up Aug 7th

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/31/2021 at 7:06 AM, firefly333 said:

I saw a post by birdtravels that he thought he would be charged 178 for tests between his b2b2b so maybe it's not entirely clear what it means.

birdtravels was out of Nassau - which requires testing for non-vaccinated people coming into the Bahamas (and I think he wasn't vaccinated (or was traveling before Bahamas exempted vaccinated travelers from testing). 

 

But question is still valid - what happens if you are doing a B2B - no place to get tested for second cruise except on the ship.  Or what happens if you are doing a side by side - again, you are not onshore long enough for a test - will they do it on the ship?

 

Plus, the $178 number was for three tests - one at boarding, one midcruise and one before disembark.  A vaccinated person would only need one test three days before the next cruise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Regarding B2B, our TA just checked with Royal.  Supposedly the only test you need is the first one to get onboard.  If another is required for the next cruise they will do that onboard.  No idea on cost, though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, LeeW said:

Regarding B2B, our TA just checked with Royal.  Supposedly the only test you need is the first one to get onboard.  If another is required for the next cruise they will do that onboard.  No idea on cost, though.

 

I would double check what they told your TA.  I have been getting wrong information from Royal reps over the phone lately.  They are working from home for the most part and you can hear kids and dogs in the background.  I was told I need a PCR test (I'm vaccinated) for a 3 night cruise in September.  WTH? Did this just change? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...