How will the Encore get to Miami?

nhtravels

The Encore ends her Alaska season on 10/23 in Seattle and then starts her run from Miami to the Caribbean on 11/14.  But there is nothing listed taking her to the East Coast.    Will they sail with an empty ship?  Inquiring minds want to know! 

I'm booked on Encore for the same 21-day repo cruise (Seattle to Miami via the Panama Canal), but a year later - Oct 23, 2022. I'll be cruising solo and trying out NCL's "studio experience" (studio cabin and studio lounge) for the 1st time.

Yay! 21-days in a 99 sq ft interior studio "cracker box". Observation Lounge, here I come!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MorganClark said:

I'm booked on Encore for the same 21-day repo cruise (Seattle to Miami via the Panama Canal), but a year later - Oct 23, 2022. I'll be cruising solo and trying out NCL's "studio experience" (studio cabin and studio lounge) for the 1st time.

Yay! 21-days in a 99 sq ft interior studio "cracker box". Observation Lounge, here I come!

I’m on that one too

• Like 1

Greetings, MorganClark, from South Beach. I am a recent widow and am also trying the Studio. We were regulars in Ph''s on Oceania and Regent. In fact, for my husband's 90th, we were booked in the Haven on the Bliss. That one was a covid casualty. Before the Haven, we sailed Villa on the Jewel. Lovely but no designated restaurant for dinner. Breakfast and lunch were in Gatsby's. I never met solos on any of those cruises and I like the idea of the lounge that goes with the Studio. We loved cruising and  this will be my first alone. It is smart of NCL to create the Studio. 

Mary 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, warburg said:

Greetings, MorganClark, from South Beach. I am a recent widow and am also trying the Studio. We were regulars in Ph''s on Oceania and Regent. In fact, for my husband's 90th, we were booked in the Haven on the Bliss. That one was a covid casualty. Before the Haven, we sailed Villa on the Jewel. Lovely but no designated restaurant for dinner. Breakfast and lunch were in Gatsby's. I never met solos on any of those cruises and I like the idea of the lounge that goes with the Studio. We loved cruising and  this will be my first alone. It is smart of NCL to create the Studio. 

Mary 

Hi Mary. First off, sorry to hear about your husband's passing. South Beach, eh? I lived & grew up in Hialeah. Went to Hialeah-Miami Lakes HS (Go Trojans).

Yeah, I just did my first solo on Adventure of he Seas, July 17-24, 2021 out of Nassau, Bahamas. I didn't know what to expect as a solo cruiser but it was great! A couple (& friends) "adopted me" and had me sit at their table in the MDR each night for dinner. I also met up with them for drinks in the various lounges/bars onboard.

I think you'll have the same experience on your first solo cruise. Will this Encore cruise (Oct 2022) be the one you do your first solo on? If yes, I'd even recommend you try it sooner! I'm curious about the NCL "solo experience" and about trying out the studio lounge. I like the way NCL grouped the studio cabins in an "exclusive" area (only key-card accessed by solos booked in studio cabins). Besides the studio lounge, I'm also interested in seeing how the assigned ship staffer for the solo cruisers works out (i.e. assists in making dinner and/or show reservations for solos, etc).

• Like 1