all the chaos with Edge I'm thinking of having a back up plan

sunsetme

I am sailing In Oct on Equinox, My return flight is at 10:30 with points. I am thinking of booking a later flight on sw that I can cancel in case I am delayed by a chaotic debarkation scenario like today on Edge. This would at least prevent another night in a hotel, etc.

1 minute ago, sunsetme said:

I am sailing In Oct on Equinox, My return flight is at 10:30 with points. I am thinking of booking a later flight on sw that I can cancel in case I am delayed by a chaotic debarkation scenario like today on Edge. This would at least prevent another night in a hotel, etc.

Debarkation was very organized.  No problems.

• Like 2

Just read another post.  Embarkation was a mess because of testing.  Also learned that some passengers refused to leave the July24 sailing and were taken off in handcuffs by police. 

26 minutes ago, sunsetme said:

i hope that is so but today new rules about testing delayed many on edge

I think the delay was EMBARKATION. Not sure your plan would help but who knows what the future holds.

I think people cruising at the moment need to have flexible plans.

• Like 1

Wonder how many of the passengers are heading home tonight. Thinking they were going to be on a cruise.  Hope that’s not me tomorrow. Flexible is great but get a email at 415 pm on Friday with ships leaving Saturday and Sunday. That’s a little short notice 

38 minutes ago, npb said:

Just read another post.  Embarkation was a mess because of testing.  Also learned that some passengers refused to leave the July24 sailing and were taken off in handcuffs by police. 

Say what?  

55 minutes ago, npb said:

Debarkation was very organized.  No problems.

I think there were delay of testing results for international guests who had to fly back to their countries.  The tests were supposed to take place the evening before but only happened late in the morning of the next day.  And they didn't get the results at all before they were told to leave the ship so they missed the flights home.   But OP is from AZ... so shouldn't be a problem for him.

Edited by lostchild

A 10:30 AM flight is always too early on disembarkation day.  Way too many things can happen; both with disembarking the ship and at the airport.  I know it's not far from the port to the airport but I wouldn't book anything before noon in these crazy times.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sunsetme said:

We always stay an extra day.. get to the Hilton  with early check in..enjoy the breakfast and the pool..  evening cocktail party..many dinner choices.

Nexr day...early  cab to the airport..no rush, no stress! And the early flight is workable!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Host Anne said:

A 10:30 AM flight is always too early on disembarkation day.  Way too many things can happen; both with disembarking the ship and at the airport.  I know it's not far from the port to the airport but I wouldn't book anything before noon in these crazy times.

If you miss your flight they’ll book you on a later one.  For FLL with self carry, I wouldn’t go earlier than 955 (I say that because the two different cities I wanted to depart to both coincidental had 955 flights).  We were one of the last ten to self carry off the edge today, was in a taxi at about 745