ms Nieuw Amsterdam in Juneau August 2, 2021

Nieuw Amsterdam will be making her regular Monday visit to Juneau on August 2nd.  She will be at the AS dock from 1300-2200.

Also in port is Celebrity Millennium at the AJ dock from 1330-2200.

The weather forecast predicts a high of 65F/18C with occasional rain (52% chance).  Sunrise is at 4:52 am and sunset at 9:15 pm.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at https://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/.

For those interested, there will be a "Live" thread and a blog about this week's cruise.

Next up:  NA will return on August 9.

I am interested to know how embarkation went and if there have been any changes since the initial 7/24 cruise.  I have been reading about Celebrity in FL and embarkation went sideways yesterday down there.  I hope we are faring better on HAL.  

54 minutes ago, AKJonesy said:

I am interested to know how embarkation went and if there have been any changes since the initial 7/24 cruise.  I have been reading about Celebrity in FL and embarkation went sideways yesterday down there.  I hope we are faring better on HAL.  

Easiest embarkation ever for me.  We arrived on our shuttle. Dropped luggage off with the porter. At the entrance of the building a lady wanted to see that we had 3 passports and 3 vaccine cards (did not check them just making sure the right number for the party).  We then walked through a little roped area and waited for about 30 seconds to be called up to the next available station and this lady made sure our passports and vacine cards matched and asked us the health assessment questions again. She the directed us up the eacalator where we waited maybe 2 mins for a security lane to open up.  Emptied our pockets of anything metal and sent our 2 backpacks through the scanner (mine contained a bottle of wine and a 12 pack of soda). We then walked through the metal detector and picked up our bags. Nothing was said except the pleasantries and welcome back.  We the proceeded to the checkin station where we went up to a little tablet like scanner and it ran our face through their facial recognition and found our info. We then held up our passport and it scanned that and compared the info.  We got the thumbs up and walked onto the ship.  Key cards were waiting by the door and luggage arrived within 30 mins or so.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Brentt_M said:

Easiest embarkation ever for me.  We arrived on our shuttle. Dropped luggage off with the porter. At the entrance of the building a lady wanted to see that we had 3 passports and 3 vaccine cards (did not check them just making sure the right number for the party).  We then walked through a little roped area and waited for about 30 seconds to be called up to the next available station and this lady made sure our passports and vacine cards matched and asked us the health assessment questions again. She the directed us up the eacalator where we waited maybe 2 mins for a security lane to open up.  Emptied our pockets of anything metal and sent our 2 backpacks through the scanner (mine contained a bottle of wine and a 12 pack of soda). We then walked through the metal detector and picked up our bags. Nothing was said except the pleasantries and welcome back.  We the proceeded to the checkin station where we went up to a little tablet like scanner and it ran our face through their facial recognition and found our info. We then held up our passport and it scanned that and compared the info.  We got the thumbs up and walked onto the ship.  Key cards were waiting by the door and luggage arrived within 30 mins or so.  

That was easy. 

1 minute ago, Copper10-8 said:

Looks like Celebrity Millennium went to Holkham Bay/Endicott Arm potentially to drop off some sightseeing pax on one of the smaller boats

As I understand @Crazy For Cats post, Nieuw Amsterdam has already done that.

Roy

• Like 2