Jump to content

Live- Adventure of the Seas July 31, 2021


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, umaine89 said:

Haha. Robert just made me a pina colada and I had to take his picture with it before I saw your post because it was a work of  art. 
 

912AE265-82B5-4462-A758-37690BD0E6DD.thumb.jpeg.6a4e461b9f7915342c890ddd81bca98b.jpeg


Awesome! Treat him well. 🥂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, umaine89 said:

D5013B82-FAF5-474A-B305-52FED4ED81ED.thumb.jpeg.05a6edb01144fe1ef88b308510cb159b.jpeg

Obligatory day picture. 
 

 

73B07E1F-99D9-46AB-888C-7E5BE9800DAA.thumb.jpeg.7bfaff330c2f5c6e7e3355f5b332a79e.jpeg

 

Oasis Lagoon. We have this whole section to ourselves. We are sitting under a palm tree. Now time to head to swim up bar. 

 

Remember, no "p" ing in the pool! 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you for posting! We are on the sailing right after yours (8/7).

 

Quick question about Covid testing prior to the cruise... I saw you stayed at Atlantis for 2 days prior to boarding Adventure. We are staying one day prior and are scheduled for our PCR test on Wednesday. Did you get your results in time? I greatly appreciate your assistance.

 

Thanks again! Have a great cruise 🙂 CocoCay looks AMAZING (as always!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, ecourtney said:

 

Quick question about Covid testing prior to the cruise... I saw you stayed at Atlantis for 2 days prior to boarding Adventure. We are staying one day prior and are scheduled for our PCR test on Wednesday. Did you get your results in time? I greatly appreciate your assistance.

We had 5 days.  You have 3. We did Vault testing over zoom. Monday morning. I dropped off UPS overnight on way to work. We had results Tuesday at 1015p. 
 

Vault was free in our state. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yay! Thank you for doing this! We are on Adventure August 28th and can't wait!  I heard that they are going to be opening up the Windjammer for dinner sometime this month.  I hope so!  What category cabin are you in?  Have a fabulous time!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, umaine89 said:

Haha. Robert just made me a pina colada and I had to take his picture with it before I saw your post because it was a work of  art. 
 

912AE265-82B5-4462-A758-37690BD0E6DD.thumb.jpeg.6a4e461b9f7915342c890ddd81bca98b.jpeg

I have never seen a red pina colada.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have never seen a red pina colada.

Grenadine. I order a Kracken pina colada. If you get a bar tender who knows the RCL drink menu, a Kracken Pina Colada has grenadine and makes an excellent picture. I just ask for a Kracken pina colada and half will add the grenadine, half won’t. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, spammie said:

Yay! Thank you for doing this! We are on Adventure August 28th and can't wait!  I heard that they are going to be opening up the Windjammer for dinner sometime this month.  I hope so!  What category cabin are you in?  Have a fabulous time!

Windjammer isn’t open for dinner now. But we do main dining room every night anyway. 
 

We have the aft balcony. 8390. I dunno the category. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yay! I am so happy to see this! We board next Saturday and are really starting to get into the spirit at our house. Can't wait to follow along, especially to see how things have evolved since the first cruises this summer (ie. more hours at Johnny Rockets, less spacing in auditoriums). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

It was a perfect day at Coco Cay!  This was like our own private island. Chairs open everywhere. No line for food or drinks at any bar. 72E70F9B-0767-434F-92D7-2376FE37FC88.thumb.jpeg.3c33ed2eecef43d7161d3cc1ae5c5e8a.jpegFDF63D6E-9067-4448-AEF8-2B9F3E047484.thumb.jpeg.273b055d0f8da92ce732262ffe128794.jpegFA38B0FF-0DD8-4C07-9718-83E8A0734036.thumb.jpeg.457616cc359a6e4d3d05abdcfd1131bd.jpegCFC403C3-0FEA-4F61-89CE-8B4FFFB57027.thumb.jpeg.ca6675cf07f42e35b95ba2300278e463.jpeg523BC05B-F1B5-4837-92B6-2D03B11A5135.thumb.jpeg.a97cd623d09fbd084cb6f20d228c4193.jpeg
 

It was like this all day. Everywhere. I talked to some people who went to the water park. They said no lines and they could ride as much as they wanted. 

 

4680EF8B-3825-4FF1-B062-1638706BAC00.thumb.jpeg.97e9e9727d1d08abb9b976b7748c83a3.jpeg

 

9A16F696-6E5A-4D78-8F79-096468B8F439.jpeg

1F69D251-E967-42CF-A39E-DBA19C154DC7.jpeg

Edited by umaine89
  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So we got to play some volleyball. I was playing with my daughter, some other people wanted to play. Of course. Rules say you’re only supposed to play with your pod. The attendant came up and asked us if we all knew each other. The correct answer was “yes”

 

2422A142-8F40-49F5-966F-AFEA9B8B9016.thumb.jpeg.a6dd58b0f5af673412d72d9b93b48d80.jpeg

 

Also played some soccer billiards. 
 

A0FC0F1F-4642-4DC0-95D3-2EF889FA4637.thumb.jpeg.0b0f46d4da3c1e48ac41cc5c0d13f7f3.jpeg

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, MorganClark said:

 

As I posted on our 7/17 LIVE thread, the passenger count had "the Goldilocks effect,"; 

not too few, not too many,, it was just right.


Yes. It was not too few. People were there and it was “just right”.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Jtd724 said:

I forgot that too it will really feel like you rented a yacht for a week just for yourself.

 

Last week was one great week on Adventure!

So true! I was on last week and took pix during the day and was asked why there weren't any people in the them! It is a ghost ship on the Coco Cay days. Definitely felt like a private yacht on those days. Enjoy it was perfect!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Main dining room is pretty empty at 530p. Deck 6 is totally closed and decks 4 and 5 mostly empty.
 

D74272AA-7EC6-47A9-A0F9-00C2E7E64617.thumb.jpeg.36067de9d1ca77a3509cd50cea4f3c66.jpeg

The result is that we are getting great  service from our waiters. 

 

I’m not sure why we aren’t seated next to the window. It’s empty over there. 
 

25E707BF-CD2B-405D-9FE7-7DF1933F1BCF.thumb.jpeg.faaf6fa749d0e495bbc32542f4dee288.jpeg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 3kidsncats said:

Absolutely can not wait, and your review is definitely helping me to feel impatient 😂. Just under three more weeks……..🍹

That’s what the August 17th live thread did for me. Build up the anticipation. I figure I’m passing it on. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, umaine89 said:

So we got to play some volleyball. I was playing with my daughter, some other people wanted to play. Of course. Rules say you’re only supposed to play with your pod. The attendant came up and asked us if we all knew each other. The correct answer was “yes”

 

2422A142-8F40-49F5-966F-AFEA9B8B9016.thumb.jpeg.a6dd58b0f5af673412d72d9b93b48d80.jpeg

 

Also played some soccer billiards. 
 

A0FC0F1F-4642-4DC0-95D3-2EF889FA4637.thumb.jpeg.0b0f46d4da3c1e48ac41cc5c0d13f7f3.jpeg


Your second day you should try the swim up bar in chill island! So fun!

D2D1D7E6-992C-4E6E-9F9C-AB8F010361B1.jpeg

9F481F70-1217-442F-9C53-7D07F505EC83.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HBCcruiser said:


Your second day you should try the swim up bar in chill island! So fun!

D2D1D7E6-992C-4E6E-9F9C-AB8F010361B1.jpeg

9F481F70-1217-442F-9C53-7D07F505EC83.jpeg

 

Dang it! I knew I forgot something. I forgot to do the swim up bar in Chill Island. I did the swim up bar in the Oasis Lagoon pool though.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

I can post photos inside of text but how do you link someone’s screen name?  I would have thanked you and HBCCruiser properly but I dunno how to do that. 

Edited by umaine89
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Captain says we are hauling butt to Cozumel. Well maybe he didn’t say exactly that, but he said we are going against the wind so might be a little windy on top deck tomorrow. 
 

32C8414B-E94B-4294-95CD-65F03F5FC1F2.thumb.jpeg.9a528adee00100bb0b1d7cb311125602.jpeg

 

Obligatory guess the animal picture. There are no wrong answers since I’m not sure. 
 

B52A8904-9FAD-41C7-9DED-266C1DE6CF24.thumb.jpeg.4d62085a5a72f1f9c417ba4688d05af4.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holland America Line’s Alaska Exploration Sale
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...