EDGE VS NCL JADE FOR GREEK ISLE CRUISE

etravel

So I know I'm asking in the Celebrity board...so that gives you an idea of what way we are leaning...lol..but we have usually done NCL and Royal...but like the nice cabins did a Haven on NCL last and a suite on our last Royal...so it's either September 3, 22 for the Edge or September 24 for the Jade....Edge out of Rome does 3 of the top Greek Islands plus Naples, Italy (2 days at sea to relax), which I think is a pretty interesting itinerary. NCL goes out of Athens, and pretty much does a Greek Isle everyday (some stops shorter than others)..so nice itinerary too....the NCL includes their free air promo (which is a bit scary b/c of course you get really crummy flights), and a pre night stay at the Grand Hyatt Athens all transfers and all of their free at sea promos. Would do Club Balcony on NCL, and Concierge on Edge...with hopes a bid to upgrade comes along but nice cabins even if not...Celebrity has the premium Bev, a 300 abc, streaming wifi, (upgrading to the Elevate pkg)  and with all that in mind NCL comes in a little lower but any thoughts on those who have done both or one of these itineraries? Thank you so much! 

When it comes to Europe we usually choose itinerary over ship but with that said we chose the Edge for next May out of Civitavecchia (Rome) to the Greek Isles. Sounds like it maybe the same itinerary. We have previously been to all places but one so this time we chose due the ship. Also having been on both cruise lines I prefer Celebrity if it’s workable. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, etravel said:

Would do Club Balcony on NCL, and Concierge on Edge...with hopes a bid to upgrade comes along but nice cabins even if not..

I’m virtually certain that the Concierge Class cabins on the Edge have the new Infinite Verandas and not a genuine balcony. (I hope someone will correct me if I’m wrong about that.) I wanted to flag that for you, as many folks don’t like the IVs; from the descriptions and photos, they are more like an ocean view cabin with a large window that opens.  Perhaps that wouldn’t matter to you, but I just wanted to be sure you were aware of this. 

Enjoy whichever cruise you decide to take! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

I’m virtually certain that the Concierge Class cabins on the Edge have the new Infinite Verandas and not a genuine balcony. (I hope someone will correct me if I’m wrong about that.) I wanted to flag that for you, as many folks don’t like the IVs; from the descriptions and photos, they are more like an ocean view cabin with a large window that opens.  Perhaps that wouldn’t matter to you, but I just wanted to be sure you were aware of this. 

Thanks Turtles...that's a good point on the balconies! Does Celebrity offer the upgrade bid possibility as much as NCL? And as far quality, of the ships and so on it seems Celebrity would have the Edge (no pun intended!)? I like the fact that NCL has the air included, but risky for them to put you on a multiple stop flight! 

26 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

You are absolutely correct. I’ve sailed in a Concierge Infinite Veranda. While they are quite spacious veranda cabins, for a typical veranda balcony on Edge class, I’d check out the sunset veranda cabins which have large balconies. There are also 1A veranda cabins that have small verandas recessed into the hull. All Concierge (and Aqua) cabins on Edge class have Infinite Verandas. 

Edited by Silkroad
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• CC Help Jenn changed the title to EDGE VS NCL JADE FOR GREEK ISLE CRUISE