Jump to content

August Discussions for distrubances


PelicanBill
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, PelicanBill said:

Forecast on TD 9. Winds up to 110mph before landfall - this is strong Cat 2 almost Cat 3.

The entire Gulf coast and cities from Galveston to Tallahassee need to start preparations.

 

The projected path looks good for bringing my area some much needed rain.  But, the path up the Mississippi looks somewhat like what I remember when Ike paid us a visit in September several years ago.  We don't want another Ike.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oof. Look at this busy map.  While 10 & 11 are not threatening anyone, the new one coming off Africa is already at 80% chance.  And a new yellow area off the mid Atlantic is at 20%. TD 10 is battling upper level winds but still expected to be a tropical storm, and move northward. TD 11 is moving off to the NE.

image.thumb.png.ba717fcd63618339b3df9e9c55503419.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well as Ida fades we have plenty to watch.

Nora in the Pacific moved inland and has been torn apart into a depression.

In the Atlanic, TD 10 has hostile upper level winds, but still likely to be a tropical storm moving north, not a threat.

There is a serious wave coming off Africa at 80% chance to develop.

And a new area in the lower Caribbean at 20%.

image.thumb.png.6c410737dd98d94415c72655b90a80c4.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: AmaWaterways Announces an Extended Season on the Douro River
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...