Single Relationships for 55+

Traveling Mike

Now that I am 55+ and cruising a lot as a single; I am wondering what attitudes are on the ships about relationships.  Most of my cruising life I was a single father traveling with my son and was not interested in a relationship on the ship.  The cruise was for me and my son and for me to relax.  I am not sure what my attitude will be going forward as a 60 year old single cruiser.  Would I be willing to have a relationship on one of my cruises?  

What is your attitude?

Note:  I do not mean "Relationship" as just taking someone back to your cabin.  It is spending time and doing things with someone you could be interested in.

It depends on the cruise; it depends upon the people one meets.

On a short cruise, relationships of the type you are considering are difficult to make.  A "friend" whom one meets at the bar before dinner:  both of you may choose to dine together if possible, as an example.  On a longer cruise, such "friends" are easier to make and have been easier to maintain during the cruise.  And, sometimes beyond.  

I am interested in meeting new people and, maybe, making new friends during a cruise.  Whatever I do, it has worked.  Participating in a CC Roll Call for your cruise also helps as well.  

• Like 1

I'm 60.  Not single but if I were, I'd be interested in meeting other singles of both genders for fellowship--meals together, maybe shore excursions, pre-dinner cocktails, etc.  If I really hit it off with someone I might want to continue the friendship after the cruise and see how things evolved over time,  But a hook up?  Nope.

• Like 2

If you're on a cruise that has a "solo social" mixer of some kind -- NCL comes to mind -- then it's very easy to meet people with whom you can dine, take excursions, hang out, or whatever.  The solo meetups aren't all twenty-somethings looking for a hookup, they tend to be well distributed across all age ranges.  I've met a lot of interesting & fun people at them.  

3 hours ago, trivimp said:

I've met a lot of interesting & fun people at them.  

As do I at the ship's most popular bar and by sitting at the bar.  This is true regardless of the vessel on which I have sailed.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/1/2021 at 11:10 AM, Traveling Mike said:

Note:  I do not mean "Relationship" as just taking someone back to your cabin.  It is spending time and doing things with someone you could be interested in.

Mike, I think I know what you mean.  I'm not looking for a hook-up relationship, but it would be nice to have a male friend with similar interests with whom I could go to dinner, attend events, and dance.