Pt 2 I was positive on AOS 7/24

6 minutes ago, Babr said:

There are prescribed ways of dealing with this in various documents such as the CSO and port agreements, but there seems to be only anecdotal information about how this is implemented.

From what I can tell, yes, the cruise line will keep you in your cabin until you can be disembarked. If you are on a short cruise from a domestic port, you could be in your room or a designated quarantine room until the end of the cruise. 

It is possible that you could be disembarked at the nearest port to quarantine in a contracted hotel, but I don’t know of that happening. In that case, you would be under the jurisdiction of the host country, and quarantine would be carried out under the terms of the port agreement.

As far as quarantine when you return to a domestic port such as Texas or Florida, there does not seem to be a clear picture of what is happening. One family that included an unvaccinated child who tested positive was sent to quarantine in a contracted hotel by means of cruise line arranged transportation. Apparently they

stayed until they could fly home, but there was much discussion about whether they could have left on their own in a rented car. I expect there was some level of monitoring whether the family was aware of it or not. Not doubt the cruise line notified the designated quarantine hotel and likely the local health department as part of the port agreement. Could they have left before quarantine was complete? I don’t know.

So the question remains about how positive cases will be handled at domestic ports and whether people will be allowed to manage their own quarantine. It is my understanding that a negative test is not required for domestic air travel, but there are questions about whether one has tested positive or been exposed recently. Maybe those who flew to the port will have to quarantine. Maybe locals who have a car will be allowed to drive home.  It leaves a lot of uncertainty for people trying to plan.

I posted this over at carnival but it discusses royal as well. Royal provides transport. Rcl has communicated this to a parking lot operator he says in a clear manner. If royal will provide transport to your car, it's clear to me people are allowed to drive home.  I feel it's a clear picture. 

https://www.facebook.com/EZJasonHayes/videos/560338241669106/?sfnsn=mo

• 2 months later...
On 8/15/2021 at 1:20 PM, smokeybandit said:

If I had to quarantine for a domestic cruise that I flew to, I'd be begging them to rent me a car and I'll just drive home, no matter how far of a drive it is.

We did try to ask if we could just drive our car directly home.  The CDC deal they have is to repatriate you directly to your home from the ship.  No stops. They have to watch you enter your home.  We  had hoped my husband was going to be able to drive home after I left with the kids but he tested positive the next day so we had no choice but to leave our car in Florida and fly home several states away.