How can you identify the vax'ed from the un-vax'ed?

eryde

Hi All,

I know the RCCL issues a wrist band to the vax'ed to identify the differnece between vax'ed and un-vax'ed but I have not seen (read) anything abut how Celebrity is doing this.  Can anyone who has sailed since the re-opening shed any light on this please?

Cheers Eric

• Like 1

With 98% vaxxed on our Edge sailing, June 24th, we saw no one, including kids/teens, in a mask except folks in the elevator upon boarding the first day... Supposedly the unvaxxed are masked indoors except while eating/drinking.  But everyone seems to have a boat drink or sippe bottle, lol, so that's not an indicator, unless wearing a chinstrap mask...

2 hours ago, sofietucker said:

With 98% vaxxed on our Edge sailing, June 24th, we saw no one, including kids/teens, in a mask except folks in the elevator upon boarding the first day... Supposedly the unvaxxed are masked indoors except while eating/drinking.  But everyone seems to have a boat drink or sippe bottle, lol, so that's not an indicator, unless wearing a chinstrap mask...

I would imagine that an unvaxxed person would not want to be recognized as such so may carry a drink 

• Like 1

On our 7/3 Edge cruise unvaccinated children under 18 were only recommended to wear masks.  Unvaccinated adults were the only ones required to wear them.  On that sailing vaccinated were given blue wristbands to wear.  There was some confusion about how long they had to be worn so probably 1/2 had removed them by mid trip.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, sofietucker said:

I am fully vaxxed but will still wear a mask indoors. I’m afraid you can’t judge a book by it’s mask… 😉

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

It's my understanding on Edge they have given the bracelet to vaccinated people on one cruise and unvaccinated people on a second cruise. And if there are no unvaccinated adults, no one gets one. It's still a work in progress. 

The initial hearing regarding required vaccine documentation to board a ship is this Friday so as with everything else, this may change rather quickly also. 

• Like 1

Just now, jelayne said:

Some posting about their embarkation experience mentioned they were given tracelets.   Surprised more didn’t mention it.

Apparently Edge (and Apex) have sophisticated enough video surveillance that the tracelets are not needed like they are on S and M class ships. They continually mention contact tracing but there is nothing the guest is doing or providing to assist in that on E class. 

31 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

It's my understanding on Edge they have given the bracelet to vaccinated people on one cruise and unvaccinated people on a second cruise. And if there are no unvaccinated adults, no one gets one. It's still a work in progress. 

The initial hearing regarding required vaccine documentation to board a ship is this Friday so as with everything else, this may change rather quickly also. 

On that second cruise... what's to stop unvaccinated people from removing their wristband to present as "vaccinated" like the rest of the passengers? 

• Like 1

On Edge right now. No way to tell. No one   Was given a wristband. Have seen maybe a dozen kids likely 12 or under, and every few masks, maybe a couple. A few adults with masks but don’t kkLenox they are vaccinated or not. All crew with masks all the time.

mac_tlc

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nunuc2000 said:

On that second cruise... what's to stop unvaccinated people from removing their wristband to present as "vaccinated" like the rest of the passengers? 

Can't answer that one. That approach doesn't make sense to me since unvaccinated people have zero incentive to keep the wristband on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, cltnccruisers said:

I thought it was on the X website that I saw something about a Tracelet being issued to everyone.  The purpose was that if there were infections the Tracelet could be used for contact tracing  Maybe it was another line.

Is that a type of id bracelet that needs to be worn at all times? Or potentially something that might be "accidently" removed or forgotten in the room for hours or days at a time?

1 minute ago, nunuc2000 said:

Is that a type of id bracelet that needs to be worn at all times? Or potentially something that might be "accidently" removed or forgotten in the room for hours or days at a time?

Not wearing it at all (at least most) times would kind of defeat the purpose.  🙂  I'll see if I can find find it again.

7 minutes ago, nunuc2000 said:

Well, there's this Travel Requirements for Cruise from St Maarten | Celebrity Cruises which contains:

While Onboard

Face masks are not required and optional for guests who choose to wear them. However, face masks may be required while ashore based on local regulations.  We’re sailing with fewer guests for more space – and more luxury with even more activities to avoid large gatherings in public spaces.   

All guests, ages 2 and above, will be issued a Tracelet™ at the terminal to be worn during the cruise. The Tracelet will help us with contact tracing in the unlikely case of an onboard health concern. We will collect your Tracelet at the conclusion of the cruise.

Just for the cruises leaving St Maarten?  Maybe.  It's the only hit I got from searching the X website.

Edited by cltnccruisers
addition

51 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Do you possibly have a link to an article describing this "hearing", or can you possibly expand on what is to be discussed and by whom it's being conducted by as we board the Edge this Saturday,

2 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Do you possibly have a link to an article describing this "hearing", or can you possibly expand on what is to be discussed and by whom it's being conducted by as we board the Edge this Saturday,

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.flsd.596136/gov.uscourts.flsd.596136.1.0.pdf

https://www.politico.com/states/florida/whiteboard/2021/07/13/norwegian-cruise-line-sues-florida-over-vaccine-passport-ban-1388295

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/6294/

NCLH has sued the Florida Surgeon General over Florida's law to prohibit required proof of COVID vaccination. The injunction hearing is this Friday August 6th. If NCLH wins the injunction cruise lines would (at least temporarily) be able to simply require all passengers prove vaccination status before boarding from Florida ports. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Some posting about their embarkation experience mentioned they were given tracelets.   Surprised more didn’t mention it.

I believe it is currently ship dependent as they work out the kinks.    My understanding is they are using on Equinox and Millennium currently.

I'm sitting in Oceanview on Equinox wearing my fashion-forward tracelet.  No way to tell unvaccinated from vaccinated.  Lots of folks wearing masks.  I do in elevators.  And if you just can't stand to wear a tracelet, stick it in your pocket.

20210802_111842.jpg

Edited by goofysmom99
  • Like 4

Just now, Jeremiah1212 said:

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.flsd.596136/gov.uscourts.flsd.596136.1.0.pdf

https://www.politico.com/states/florida/whiteboard/2021/07/13/norwegian-cruise-line-sues-florida-over-vaccine-passport-ban-1388295

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/6294/

NCLH has sued the Florida Surgeon General over Florida's law to prohibit required proof of COVID vaccination. The injunction hearing is this Friday August 6th. If NCLH wins the injunction cruise lines would (at least temporarily) be able to simply require all passengers prove vaccination status before boarding from Florida ports. 

Thanks! Will be interesting to see how that all shakes out. But something tells me this won't change Celebrity's current policy of everyone getting a PCR or antigen test associated with their upcoming August and early September cruises.

1 minute ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks! Will be interesting to see how that all shakes out. But something tells me this won't change Celebrity's current policy of everyone getting a PCR or antigen test associated with their upcoming August and early September cruises.

Right...I think the pre-cruise testing is here to stay for a while. They cannot play with fire. What this would allow them to do, if they chose, is to simply deny boarding to anyone who is unvaccinated just like they can do from Seattle. No more of the 95%/5% game. 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Right...I think the pre-cruise testing is here to stay for a while. They cannot play with fire. What this would allow them to do, if they chose, is to simply deny boarding to anyone who is unvaccinated just like they can do from Seattle. No more of the 95%/5% game. 

You may well be right.  Just the presence of the phrase "in an abundance of caution" leaves things open ended.  🙂

I didn't realize that different states had different requirements, for our upcoming Alaska cruise, everyone age 12 & up is required to be vaccinated... & since it's a late Sept. cruise, I doubt there will be many kiddos on board...  Can't understand why it's not like this for every cruise...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

I didn't realize that different states had different requirements, for our upcoming Alaska cruise, everyone age 12 & up is required to be vaccinated... & since it's a late Sept. cruise, I doubt there will be many kiddos on board...  Can't understand why it's not like this for every cruise...

The baseline should be all ages are required to be vaccinated. 💉

• Like 9