Jump to content

Deployment 2023-24 booking season begins


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

For folks interested in a circumnavigation of Australia, these port calendar entries are encouraging: 

Darwin 22 Feb 2024 Rhapsody 
Fremantle 01 Mar 2024 Radiance

Adelaide 06 Mar 2024 Rhapsody

Melbourne 08 Mar 2024 Rhapsody 

I’d say the ship names are just placeholders.  
Departure port would be Brisbane or Sydney.   

That's a bucket list retirement trip for us in a few years from now, by which time the dreaded C-word will hopefully no longer be throwing spanners into folks' travel plans.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

That's a bucket list retirement trip for us in a few years from now, by which time the dreaded C-word will hopefully no longer be throwing spanners into folks' travel plans.

Hope it works out for you.
We did the northern leg on Radiance a few years ago.  Highly recommended. 
Planning to do the southern leg when it’s next offered.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

Hope it works out for you.
We did the northern leg on Radiance a few years ago.  Highly recommended. 
Planning to do the southern leg when it’s next offered.  

Our last cruise before covid shutdown was the circumnagivation. It was fantastic. Ours was the last cruise ending March 14, and we flew out the next day, just as everything closed.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/21/2021 at 2:58 AM, geoff2802 said:

Hope it works out for you.
We did the northern leg on Radiance a few years ago.  Highly recommended. 
Planning to do the southern leg when it’s next offered.  

I'm the opposite of you and really enjoyed the south, including Tasmania.  What highlights did you particularly enjoy on the northern route?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, MindyJohn said:

I'm the opposite of you and really enjoyed the south, including Tasmania.  What highlights did you particularly enjoy on the northern route?

 

Highlights for me were:

  • Cruising through the Whitsunday Passage.  Beautiful island scenery.
  • Cruising along the coast of far North Queensland.  Remote and beautiful islands and beaches there.  Get a balcony on the port side.
  • The pilots provide really good commentary right through the Barrier Reef sections.
  • Darwin port call.  For an easy day trip, grab a rental car and drive to Litchfield N.P.; lots of natural waterfalls and pools to cool off in.  Kakadu N.P. is also fantastic but makes for a long day trip from Darwin.

It’s a shame Royal don’t call at Broome.  It’s a nice town and Cable Beach is beautiful.  Unfortunately my wife takes a liking to all the pearl farms and boutiques!

Start another thread if you have questions - happy to answer them. 

 

Cheers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

Hopefully Royal still run cruises to Kangaroo Island 23/24 liked planed on Ovation 21/22 season. 
Very unlikely this year’s Oz season will happen. 

A bit confused....I thought RCI was going to start domestic Australia cruises ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Piraeus, Athens schedule for 2023 was updated today:

It shows:

 

Brilliance of the seas: 31/5, 14/6, 28/6, 12/7, 26/7, 9/8, 23/8, 6/9, 20/9, 4/10, 18/10 & 1/11.

 

Odyssey of the seas: 7/5, 16/5, 23/8, 20/9, 29/9 & 24/10.

 

Vision of the seas: 27/5, 24/6 & 22/7.

 

Jewel of the seas: 25/9 & 13/10.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/21/2021 at 3:49 PM, woodscruise said:

Geoff, What do you make of the entry on Darwin Ports for 01December2023 for Celebrity Edge, which has now disappeared? It was there last weekend.


Melbourne’s port calendar has been updated and now shows a Transit entry in the name of Celebrity Edge on 07 April 2024.   
The three entries in the name of Rhapsody of the Seas remain.   

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some may be old bookings:

 

Cannes

Vision of the seas: 21/5, 18/6, 16/7 & 13/8.

Anthem of the seas: 22/9

 

Villefrance

Vision of the seas: 16/5, 25/5, 1/6, 3/6, 15/6, 22/6, 1/7, 6/7, 13/7, 27/7, 29/7, 3/8, 17/8, 24/8, 26/8, 7/9, 10/9, 14/9, 16/9, 23/9, 28/9, 1/10, 5/10, 7/10, 19/10 & 22/10.

Anthem of the seas: 8/6, 29/6, (2/7), 7/8, 18/8, 22/9, 5/10 & (6/10).

Edited by SummmerInKefalonia
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cadiz

Indipendence of the seas: (13/2), (2/6)

Mariner of the seas: 6/3 & 20/3 (Drydock?)

Explorer of the seas: (6/3)

Symphony of the seas: 23/3 & 11/4 (Drydock?)

Odyssey of the seas: 19/4, 31/10

Anthem of the seas: (5/7), 6/7, (20/7), 24/7, 10/8, 7/9

 

These in bold I think are old listings.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/21/2021 at 3:36 PM, springaussie said:

Radiance and Serenade are the 2 booking names in early October 2022 for Hawaii.

Bur Serenade appears in Europe also. 

 

I'm booked on Serenade Alaska for Sept 2022 and also Panama Canal Oct 2022.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, geoff2802 said:


Melbourne’s port calendar has been updated and now shows a Transit entry in the name of Celebrity Edge on 07 April 2024.   
The three entries in the name of Rhapsody of the Seas remain.   

Just check Melbourne Ports and Celebrity Edge entry is now showing as TBA 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

They are changing completely the deployment for summer 2023 in Med lately:

New messages from the French Riviera:

 

Cannes

Serenade of the seas: 18/6 & 13/8.

Brilliance of the seas: 13/5, 7/6, 30/7 & 2/8.

 

Villefrance

Serenade of the seas: 3/6, 1/7, 29/7, 26/8, 10/9, 16/9, 1/10, 7/10 & 22/10.

Brilliance of the seas: 8/6 & 6/7.

Odyssey of the seas: 5/5 & 29/10.

Anthem of the seas: 29/6.

 

Notes:

Clearly Brilliance takes over the 2022 itineraries from Rhapsody and Serenade the 2022 itineraries from Vision.

 

Questions:

A) Are Rhapsody and Vision gonna be sold? Or maybe one of them?

B) Which ship will be homeported in Ravenna now that Brilliance was removed? Is it gonna be Vision?

C) Will they bring Radiance to Europe to have the whole class deployed in the area?

 

Tell me your thoughts.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

They are changing completely the deployment for summer 2023 in Med lately:

New messages from the French Riviera:

 

Cannes

Serenade of the seas: 18/6 & 13/8.

Brilliance of the seas: 13/5, 7/6, 30/7 & 2/8.

 

Villefrance

Serenade of the seas: 3/6, 1/7, 29/7, 26/8, 10/9, 16/9, 1/10, 7/10 & 22/10.

Brilliance of the seas: 8/6 & 6/7.

Odyssey of the seas: 5/5 & 29/10.

Anthem of the seas: 29/6.

 

Notes:

Clearly Brilliance takes over the 2022 itineraries from Rhapsody and Serenade the 2022 itineraries from Vision.

 

Questions:

A) Are Rhapsody and Vision gonna be sold? Or maybe one of them?

B) Which ship will be homeported in Ravenna now that Brilliance was removed? Is it gonna be Vision?

C) Will they bring Radiance to Europe to have the whole class deployed in the area?

 

Tell me your thoughts.

 

Radiance is in Australia for the 2022-2023 season and then the next season Rhapsody has some bookings here.

So maybe you will see Radiance in Europe.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

They are changing completely the deployment for summer 2023 in Med lately:

New messages from the French Riviera:

 

Cannes

Serenade of the seas: 18/6 & 13/8.

Brilliance of the seas: 13/5, 7/6, 30/7 & 2/8.

 

Villefrance

Serenade of the seas: 3/6, 1/7, 29/7, 26/8, 10/9, 16/9, 1/10, 7/10 & 22/10.

Brilliance of the seas: 8/6 & 6/7.

Odyssey of the seas: 5/5 & 29/10.

Anthem of the seas: 29/6.

 

Notes:

Clearly Brilliance takes over the 2022 itineraries from Rhapsody and Serenade the 2022 itineraries from Vision.

 

Questions:

A) Are Rhapsody and Vision gonna be sold? Or maybe one of them?

B) Which ship will be homeported in Ravenna now that Brilliance was removed? Is it gonna be Vision?

C) Will they bring Radiance to Europe to have the whole class deployed in the area?

 

Tell me your thoughts.

 


Thanks for the updates. 
I like the idea of Serenade replacing Vision for the longer itineraries from Barcelona.  
Maybe there will be no ship home ported in Ravenna.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/3/2021 at 2:50 PM, woodscruise said:

Just check Melbourne Ports and Celebrity Edge entry is now showing as TBA 


That change seems to make it more likely that the booking is actually for Edge, doesn’t it? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, geoff2802 said:


That change seems to make it more likely that the booking is actually for Edge, doesn’t it? 

Yes I agree, and especially since Adelaide ports has the Edge still listed on April 09-10 April 2024

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m wondering if Royal is planning to home port Rhapsody in Auckland for 2023-24.  
I can’t see them bringing a Vision class ship back to be home ported in Australia but some port entries are appearing here and she’s apparently disappeared from European schedules.  They turn around Celebrity ships in Auckland occasionally, so RCG should already have supply arrangements in place.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holland America Line’s Alaska Exploration Sale
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...