Jump to content

Deployment 2023-24 booking season begins


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, geoff2802 said:

I’m wondering if Royal is planning to home port Rhapsody in Auckland for 2023-24.  
I can’t see them bringing a Vision class ship back to be home ported in Australia but some port entries are appearing here and she’s apparently disappeared from European schedules.  They turn around Celebrity ships in Auckland occasionally, so RCG should already have supply arrangements in place.  

Could be Wollongong or possibly Newcastle Geoff.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

Could be Wollongong or possibly Newcastle Geoff.

 


Hey springaussie,
Are there any committed, funded plans to stand up a terminal in either of those?  
The last I heard about Newcastle’s proposal was that funding could not be secured.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/13/2021 at 9:30 AM, springaussie said:

Could be Wollongong or possibly Newcastle Geoff.

 

 

On 9/13/2021 at 10:46 AM, geoff2802 said:


Hey springaussie,
Are there any committed, funded plans to stand up a terminal in either of those?  
The last I heard about Newcastle’s proposal was that funding could not be secured.  

What about Cairns?

Cairns has just had a upgrade and can dock ships upto 300 meters .

There used to be direct flights to the US and Asia.

Cairns would have to be one of the most attractive ports in Oz.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

 

What about Cairns?

Cairns has just had a upgrade and can dock ships upto 300 meters .

There used to be direct flights to the US and Asia.

Cairns would have to be one of the most attractive ports in Oz.

 

 

 

 

Hey Chilli, Yeah I think that's a real possibility too.  PortsNorth will be very keen to make use of their new facilities and the Qld government will be desperate to enable recovery in tourism.  

Surely Rhapsody wouldn't go to Alaska in the southern winter, so what would they do?  Asia deployment?  Or keep the ship in the area by sharing between Cairns and Auckland seasonally?  Count me in for a (southern) winter cruise from Cairns.    

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

 

Hey Chilli, Yeah I think that's a real possibility too.  PortsNorth will be very keen to make use of their new facilities and the Qld government will be desperate to enable recovery in tourism.  

Surely Rhapsody wouldn't go to Alaska in the southern winter, so what would they do?  Asia deployment?  Or keep the ship in the area by sharing between Cairns and Auckland seasonally?  Count me in for a (southern) winter cruise from Cairns.    

 

 

All year round? Now that’s interesting.Count me in as well.

P&O have had ships based in cairns going to PNG. I was toying with the idea but I have a phobia about P&O Australia.

There used to be flights from Hawaii and Guam. I think,for a while he West coast.Good for our American friends.

So cairns is a possibility.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Piraeus, Athens schedule for 2023 was again updated today:

It shows now:

 

Explorer of the seas: 17/5, 31/5, 14/6, 28/6, 12/7, 26/7, 9/8, 23/8, 6/9, 20/9, 4/10 & 18/10.

(Takes on the 2022 itineraries of Brilliance)

 

Odyssey of the seas: 7/5, 16/5, 23/8, 20/9, 29/9 & 24/10.

 

Brilliance of the seas:  22/5, 19/6, 17/7, 14/8 & 4/9.

(Takes on the 2022 itineraries of Rhapsody)

 

Serenade of the seas: 27/5, 24/6, 22/7 & 19/8.

(Takes on the 2022 itineraries of Vision)

 

Jewel of the seas: 25/9 & 13/10.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wonder of the seas cruises in Europe, starting 23.March 2022 (info fom the Royal newsletter)

The same itinary as usual for OASIS class? Will she be the whole summer in Europe? any predictions when she goes to Asia?

Booking starts on the 22. of Sept

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Schnuff said:

Wonder of the seas cruises in Europe, starting 23.March 2022 (info fom the Royal newsletter)

The same itinary as usual for OASIS class? Will she be the whole summer in Europe? any predictions when she goes to Asia?

Booking starts on the 22. of Sept

I think this may be incorrect.  You can book an April 15, 2022 cruise on the Wonder now on RCCL's website that is a 5 day sailing out of Port Everglades.  That is the last listed cruise for the Wonder right now, so she likely heads to Europe after that one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Australia….based on what going on down under looking from afar…..I don’t see sailing there for many many years to come.

We disembarked Radiance after circumnavigation on March 14, 2020, then it all came to an end.

Booked on Quantum, Brisbane to Honolulu on April 10,  2023 with NO expectation of sailing.

B2B circumvention is a great sail,…book and hope…the good cabins are usually gone within the first week, in the case of our sail in 2020, all suites were gone in the first three days after release.

stay safe all…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Slidell_Cruiser said:

Australia….based on what going on down under looking from afar…..I don’t see sailing there for many many years to come.

We disembarked Radiance after circumnavigation on March 14, 2020, then it all came to an end.

Booked on Quantum, Brisbane to Honolulu on April 10,  2023 with NO expectation of sailing.

B2B circumvention is a great sail,…book and hope…the good cabins are usually gone within the first week, in the case of our sail in 2020, all suites were gone in the first three days after release.

stay safe all…

I think things will start to happen next year with cruises.

Some parts of Sydney,90% have had vaccines.

I think the average is close to 80% have had the first and 50% had second.

 

I think RC will be the first with trials as they have the best record.
From October,close to normal for the 2022-2023 season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Slidell_Cruiser said:

Australia….based on what going on down under looking from afar…..I don’t see sailing there for many many years to come.

We disembarked Radiance after circumnavigation on March 14, 2020, then it all came to an end.

Booked on Quantum, Brisbane to Honolulu on April 10,  2023 with NO expectation of sailing.

B2B circumvention is a great sail,…book and hope…the good cabins are usually gone within the first week, in the case of our sail in 2020, all suites were gone in the first three days after release.

stay safe all…

We are also booked on the Quantum for the April 10, 2023 TP. However, our Solstice Japan and TP B2B for 2022 was just canceled and we rebooked for April 2023. Will keep both bookings for now in the hopes that one of the two actually sails!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Entries in the name of Serenade of the Seas have appeared in Hawaiian port calendars in March 2023.  The first entry is for Honolulu on 15 March 2023, showing the previous port as Los Angeles.  There are entries in Lahaina and Kona on the next couple of days. 
Any idea if these are credible and which ship they might actually be for?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

Entries in the name of Serenade of the Seas have appeared in Hawaiian port calendars in March 2023.  The first entry is for Honolulu on 15 March 2023, showing the previous port as Los Angeles.  There are entries in Lahaina and Kona on the next couple of days. 
Any idea if these are credible and which ship they might actually be for?  

Is this the usual route for AK/Aus repositioning?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2021 at 11:25 AM, SummmerInKefalonia said:

Piraeus, Athens schedule for 2023 was again updated today:

It shows now:

 

Explorer of the seas: 17/5, 31/5, 14/6, 28/6, 12/7, 26/7, 9/8, 23/8, 6/9, 20/9, 4/10 & 18/10.

(Takes on the 2022 itineraries of Brilliance)

 

Odyssey of the seas: 7/5, 16/5, 23/8, 20/9, 29/9 & 24/10.

 

Brilliance of the seas:  22/5, 19/6, 17/7, 14/8 & 4/9.

(Takes on the 2022 itineraries of Rhapsody)

 

Serenade of the seas: 27/5, 24/6, 22/7 & 19/8.

(Takes on the 2022 itineraries of Vision)

 

Jewel of the seas: 25/9 & 13/10.

 

For me that would mean the following:

 

-Symphony (?): 7 nights from Barcelona

-Anthem: Southampton Med/Norway/Canaries...

-Jewel: summer Norway/Br. Isles from Amsterdam, fall Med

-Mariner: Baltics from Copenhagen and Stockholm. She appeared in the port schedule of Cadiz in March 2023. For me that indicates a drydock, combined with a Europe season. So she could easily take over Voyager's itineraries

 

The other ships as you mentioned. Voyager otS I don't see returning to Europe but staying based in San Juan the whole year round or taking over Explorer's itineraries from Miami.

 

 

Edited by shipfriend_max
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ethanol95 said:

Is this the usual route for AK/Aus repositioning?

Maybe (unlikely to leave from LA), but the timing is off - it's usually late April and late Sept.

Edited by Biker19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

Entries in the name of Serenade of the Seas have appeared in Hawaiian port calendars in March 2023.  The first entry is for Honolulu on 15 March 2023, showing the previous port as Los Angeles.  There are entries in Lahaina and Kona on the next couple of days. 
Any idea if these are credible and which ship they might actually be for?  

 

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Maybe (unlikely to leave from LA), but the timing is off - it's usually late April and late Sept.

 

And, in the Spring the cruises are normally leaving Hawaii going to the mainland, not leaving the mainland and going to Hawaii.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/12/2021 at 7:30 PM, springaussie said:

Could be Wollongong or possibly Newcastle Geoff.

 

Glen,

 

Just a hello from Larry & Darlene Hornstein. It has been some time we cruised together. I believe the first cruise was the 14 night Alaska cruise out of San Francisco.  Darlene says you gave her a baby Koala bear trinket which she still has.  Are you retired yet or still working for the transportation department in  Brisbane.  We are both now retired and moved to Florida and only about 85 miles away from Port Canaveral.  How is your daughter as you talked about her on that cruise. 
 

Larry & Darlene

Edited by Larryhnj
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

Is this the usual route for AK/Aus repositioning?


Yeah, but as others have added, the timing and last port aren’t right.  On face value, it looks like a Hawaii cruise from LA and the timing works for this to occur between a PC transit and Alaska season.  Of course they could just be stale entries that have only now become visible.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

Is this the usual route for AK/Aus repositioning?

 

Not in March.  Ships normally head North in March.  Would expect Australia to HNL then on to Vancouver.

 

Starting in LA to HNL likely violates the PVSA unless it's round trip with a stop in Mexico so it makes little sense for a March date.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

Entries in the name of Serenade of the Seas have appeared in Hawaiian port calendars in March 2023.  The first entry is for Honolulu on 15 March 2023, showing the previous port as Los Angeles.  There are entries in Lahaina and Kona on the next couple of days. 
Any idea if these are credible and which ship they might actually be for?  

RCL website is showing that Serenade should be in the Caribbean at that time with a cruise departing 11 March to Bahamas. Guess this could be a placeholder.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, twangster said:

 

Not in March.  Ships normally head North in March.  Would expect Australia to HNL then on to Vancouver.

 

Starting in LA to HNL likely violates the PVSA unless it's round trip with a stop in Mexico so it makes little sense for a March date.

Yes, a round trip with a stop in Ensenada.  Same as Princess’ Hawaii itineraries from the West coast.  March makes a lot of sense if it’s between PC and Alaska cruises.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/22/2021 at 8:16 AM, woodscruise said:

RCL website is showing that Serenade should be in the Caribbean at that time with a cruise departing 11 March to Bahamas. Guess this could be a placeholder.

Yes.  Or Serenade’s Caribbean season will be shortened, or it’s remnants of an idea that has since been dropped.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2021 at 5:55 AM, Schnuff said:

Wonder of the seas cruises in Europe, starting 23.March 2022 (info fom the Royal newsletter)

The same itinary as usual for OASIS class? Will she be the whole summer in Europe? any predictions when she goes to Asia?

Booking starts on the 22. of Sept

When does booking open for Europe 2023?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...