The Daily for Tuesday August 03, 2021

richwmn

4 minutes ago, dfish said:

Welcome aboard.  You still have time to book it and get a real bed.

Trust me, IF our cruise is cancelled, I would do it.

1 minute ago, atexsix said:

Oh my gosh!  Read my post for today, I have been having the same doubt.  

Yes...worries! 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, atexsix said:

I still don't understand them.  Is there a link somewhere that explains them?  What does 2/14 mean?  And I'm still a boring cool cruiser 😞

It seems there are fourteen levels of how many posts someone has made on CC. 2/14 would mean we are just in the second level of volume of posts.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, HAL4NOW said:

It seems there are fourteen levels of how many posts someone has made on CC. 2/14 would mean we are just in the second level of volume of posts.

And now the rocket ship is gone again!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, HAL4NOW said:

I don’t see ships or numbers anywhere. What am I not seeing? 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Today I will be delving into setting up my new computer. It came about 5:30 last night. I got it plugged in and charged. When I turned it on it wanted me to make choices I had no idea about. I turned it off and will work on it today when my brain is fresher. 

• Like 13

18 minutes ago, HAL4NOW said:

Ah....the posting equivalent of "steerage". 

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Good morning everyone and Happy Tuesday!  Thank you for the Daily Rich and thank you for your lists Roy. 

I got caught up with the rocket icon on our profile pictures and almost forgot to post today!  Great collection of days today. I’m not big on watermelon, I love nuts (but not Brazil nuts @grapau27you can have mine) and I’m hoping for a night out in a few weeks on the Nieuw Amsterdam. 

Tacos 🌮 sound good for today. I have leftover ground beef from Sunday’s birthday party for DGD. We had sliders on Sunday but I always forget how much work they are. Lots of toppings to chop and Craig made 18 sliders. 

@aliaschief Sorry you missed your upgrade email. I keep checking mine just to make sure I don’t miss anything from HAL. I wish we were in a suite but they were all booked for our sailing. In October we have an Aft facing Vista so I’m excited about that. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

@atexsix,I live in an old house and we had to rewire and put in a separate  line for the two room AC's or  they just could not work.I am sorry it is so hot there.

Terry

Thanks.  We did discover it's okay if they aren't running at the same time, Dad needs a cool room to sleep so he has nighttime priority, I work from home so I have the daytime when I'm working, especially during the afternoon.  If we're lucky, summer's days are numbered in our neck of the woods. 

Edited by atexsix
  • Like 11

23 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Trust me, IF our cruise is cancelled, I would do it.

Yes...worries! 

I don't like what I'm reading on the Celebrity boards....praying HAL doesn't follow their example.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, atexsix said:

I don't like what I'm reading on the Celebrity boards....praying HAL doesn't follow their example.

About Covid tests before boarding -- or something else?  I've been following the Celebrity board a little because we have a November cruise booked with X.  But we're 99.9% sure we'll be cancelling because Celebrity only requires 95% vaccinated.  That and (sorry Floridians) it's out of Florida.

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

About Covid tests before boarding -- or something else?  I've been following the Celebrity board a little because we have a November cruise booked with X.  But we're 99.9% sure we'll be cancelling because Celebrity only requires 95% vaccinated.  That and (sorry Floridians) it's out of Florida.

Yes, it was poorly implemented, at the last minute, and unclear as to the type of tests allowed.  It's a big mess. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Jacqui, seedless watermelons 🍉 do have seeds, but very small white ones that you don't even notice when eating them.  However, there are some seedless ones that willl have larger, black seeds.

I know.  I just liked the meme 😉. 😂 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

And I think it's wise to cancel, if they went 100% vaxed they wouldn't need the covid tests to begin with is the way I'm assuming HAL's thinking about it. 

Some of those rapid tests are $100 a pop, and up.....and insurance coverage is iffy.

Edited by atexsix
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, atexsix said:

Ah....the posting equivalent of "steerage". 

Nah - nobody’s in steerage on the Daily 🙂 

where did you see the 2/14?  I checked my profile and there’s nothing there but my number of posts.  Curious now.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, kazu said:

Nah - nobody’s in steerage on the Daily 🙂 

where did you see the 2/14?  I checked my profile and there’s nothing there but my number of posts.  Curious now.

I think it's gone now.  It was when you hovered over the rocket with your mouse.

• Like 5

I'm not sure if the upgrade CC did has all the bugs out of it.  DH and I could click on the rocket on our tablets, then it disappeared just I clicked on the rocket on his tablet.  At least, I can now tell him it wasn't my fault. 😁  The strange thing on the computer, it is not a rocket but a quote icon and it's still here so far.

Since the upgrade, I cannot like a post on the tablet.  When I click on the icon, I get a message that an error occurred, and then clicking on the rocket or avatar quit working.

Now, when I hover over the quote icon with the mouse, I just get the post count.

I also wondered about the timing of the upgrade and mentioned it to DH.  His reaction was they must have had a big problem that needed fixing.

@kazu  Jacqui, I liked the meme about the watermelon too.  I have heard people asking that question though.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 12