New cancellations as of Aug 3

20 minutes ago, MommaBear55 said:

I pushed my Aussie/NZ season out to 2023 from 2022 as soon as the new dates opened up. Writing is on the wall. 

I didn’t want want to move mine because I got such good prices on the 2022. I knew they weren’t going to go, so I was waiting for RCI to cancel first. A couple were already lifted from this year, and the TP was a steal.

They don’t list the Ovation Apr 10 2022 cancelled yet, but it’s not coming up on my cruise planner. I have Mar 21, Mar 30 and Apr 10 2022 booked on Ovation, and I prefer to L&S all 3 to next year. We only have until Aug 11 to L&S. I really don’t see that TP going in April.

2 hours ago, irishgal432 said:

So I just got an email saying Serenade is sailing from Tampa in October and BOOK NOW.  When clicking on the link to the website, it shows nothing. Is Serenade going to be inTampa in OcT?

Yes. Those that are currently on Brilliance in October will automatically be moved over to Serenade. The moves should be completed by August 18th but that remains to be seen. 

I would assume that once all the moves are complete they'll open it up for general booking. 

Edited by Retired LEO

36 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Only cancellations or does it apply if you can't meet certain protocols, specifically vaccinations.  We have an Easter cruise coming and have 4 cabins and 3 of those have children who are afraid of the jab.

Either one  I believe.  If it is because of protocols they won't allow that until ship specific protocols are release which is generally less than 60 days to sailing.

Just now, Retired LEO said:

Yes. Those that are currently on Rhapsody in October will automatically be moved over to Serenade. The moves should be completed by August 18th but that remains to be seen. 

I would assume that once all the moves are complete they'll open it up for general booking. 

Ha.  I had clients who were on the Odyssey who were supposed to be automatically moved.  Despite weekly calls and escalations it was over 3 months to get them moved.  Good luck.

37 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

We were on the Radiance TA that appears to be canceled.  But we were also on the next leg from Rome to Venice.  Both cruises paid in full using FCC from canceled cruises.  Since the TA is canceled, we don’t want to do the Rome to Venice leg.  Anyone know our options to cancel that leg,?

Cancel under Cruise with Confidence is will most likely be your only option.

35 minutes ago, DrewFoundLander said:

Would anyone know how soon I will be able to use this credit? Do I have to wait until it is issued? I booked directly with Royal so wondering if I call tomorrow can I use the credit to book another itinerary for October. TIA.

It could take 30 - 45 days

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Ha.  I had clients who were on the Odyssey who were supposed to be automatically moved.  Despite weekly calls and escalations it was over 3 months to get them moved.  Good luck.

Absolutely. I edited it to be Brilliance not Rhapsody. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I’ve been on pins and needles for over 6 months on my retirement cruise. I can now breathe but I feel extremely sad for those who got there sailings cancelled. I was on two FB groups, one for our sailing and the one the week before. It’s sad to see all the comments who got their sailing cancelled right after making their final payment and then go over to my group who is getting to go commenting how happy they are. Talk about a juxtaposition of emotions.

Happy that you will get your retirement cruise but is sad for all those that are now cancelled.

I will say I am pleased that Royal announced their plans for future sailings as far as out as they did.  Of course,  not everyone happy about that but at least they know and can make other arrangements.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

I didn’t want want to move mine because I got such good prices on the 2022. I knew they weren’t going to go, so I was waiting for RCI to cancel first. A couple were already lifted from this year, and the TP was a steal.

They don’t list the Ovation Apr 10 2022 cancelled yet, but it’s not coming up on my cruise planner. I have Mar 21, Mar 30 and Apr 10 2022 booked on Ovation, and I prefer to L&S all 3 to next year. We only have until Aug 11 to L&S. I really don’t see that TP going in April.

We have the April 25 Honolulu to Vancouver booked and it still shows.  We had April 26 Honolulu to Vancouver booked on Quantum and it was canceled about three weeks ago, took the 125% and moved over to Ovation.  Hope it gets to Hawaii somehow, all the Alaska cruises starting on May 5 are still a go on Ovation.

1 minute ago, taglovestocruise said:

We have the April 25 Honolulu to Vancouver booked and it still shows.  We had April 26 Honolulu to Vancouver booked on Quantum and it was canceled about three weeks ago, took the 125% and moved over to Ovation.  Hope it gets to Hawaii somehow, all the Alaska cruises starting on May 5 are still a go on Ovation.

Yes, I also have the Apr 25 and May 5 booked....will need to cancel the Alaska if Hawaii stays, but no biggie on that one. Somebody just posted on the Ovation TP for 2023, that they just L&S from the TP in 2022, so maybe Royal is accepting it.

1 hour ago, cellfree said:

So if you (like us) were Rhapsody out of Tampa, it is not possible to do a Lift and Shift, there are no longer any cruises on Rhapsody out of Tampa, that’s unfortunate, means Royal is not obligated to do the”price protection” thing, sad for us. Unless I am missing something. 

I wonder if they will allow l&s to same class ship.  Guess have to call to find out.

Edited by Sunshine3601

1 hour ago, cellfree said:

So if you (like us) were Rhapsody out of Tampa, it is not possible to do a Lift and Shift, there are no longer any cruises on Rhapsody out of Tampa, that’s unfortunate, means Royal is not obligated to do the”price protection” thing, sad for us. Unless I am missing something. 

We are just going to take refund for that deposit. I have enough FCC's that I am trying to use. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You do not have a lift and shift option. 

Lift and shift only applies if the same ship, embarkation port and itinerary length are available withing 2 weeks of your sail date

I didnt realize it had to be exact same ship.  That stinks if the same ship is not sailing that itinerary the following year.  Wonder if they would allow if same class ship.

I've located the most likely option for my canceled 11-night NZ cruise on Ovation. That was to be March 30, 2022. There is a 10-night Ovation cruise sailing on April 5, 2023. It's several hundred dollars higher, and one night shorter. I wonder if we can Lift-and-Shift to it.

11 minutes ago, emeraldcity said:

I've located the most likely option for my canceled 11-night NZ cruise on Ovation. That was to be March 30, 2022. There is a 10-night Ovation cruise sailing on April 5, 2023. It's several hundred dollars higher, and one night shorter. I wonder if we can Lift-and-Shift to it.

Yes, you should be able to. It’s + or - 2 sail nights. On a L&S, you are also price protected with your original price. I’m looking at moving my Mar 21, Mar 30 and Apt 10 2022 over to the sailings in 2023.

Edited by crzndeb

I lost my 12/23 radiance of the seas, but haven’t gotten an email yet.  I wonder how long it will take to get it, and what they will offer if anything.  I’m not really that surprised and we were thinking of cancelling anyway.

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

🤣

3 hours ago, BigRoger said:

good to see jimbo as positive as ever…..

Yeah - I'm eying my ever-expanding ignore list😁.  Seriously, Ken, I appreciate all  your efforts to keep us up-to-date on the latest changes.  If affects so many of us, and for those of us not affected, we can sympathize for them.  Thanks for your updates and consider the source for the snark.

Pat

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I didn't think my Sep 18 Enchantment from Baltimore had any chance for a long time so glad to finally have gotten the email. I clicked the link for a refund right away and my refund email said 30-45 days for the refund (higher than the 30 days in the cancellation email). This Sep was a lift and shift from last year (aft corner deck 7 JS at a fantastic $) but next year is 6 day cruises to Bermuda instead of 5 days.

I did have a $266 FCC as part of my payment that was from a short May 2019 that I cancelled during the 50% penalty phase where I got the rest back as refund. Is there a way to request that they give me that back also as a refund? I read from Ken they were thinking about allowing that... how do we get it done? thanks! Christine

Edited by twins_to_alaska