Sofa Bed for Two on Escape

Maryscooking

I have cabin 13700 on hold on Escape right now. It has a pretty unique lay out, as a corner family ocean view. There is a separate curtained area for guests 3 and 4. I was hoping there was a drop down bunk above the sofa, but from watching a youtube video of a similar cabin, that does not appear to be the case. The ceiling looks very flat. The sofa does appear deeper than normal, but not big enough for two unless it jack-knifes out. And even then, I'm skeptical it will be comfortable for two people. But that's how NCL lists it.

Can anyone share any info if it is realistic for two slender teen girls to share that bed without someone ending up on the floor? They said they were fine with sharing, but...

2 hours ago, Maryscooking said:

The sofa does appear deeper than normal, but not big enough for two unless it jack-knifes out.

From what I can tell, the bottom slides out and the backrest fills the gap. My guess is that 2 people would sleep parallel to the wall, not perpendicular to the wall. The thickness of the backrest looks similar to the BA/GA Haven sofa-beds. The Haven sofa-bed for 2 on Escape is different than BA/GA. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, nolatravelgirl said:

There is a bunk bed in the family ocean view. If you look at this video at the 1:40 mark you can see the outline of the bunk bed from the ceiling that he points to in the ceiling.

The stateroom in the video (5762) is a completely different configuration (which sleeps 5) than what the OP has on hold (13700) which sleeps 4.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2021 at 12:40 AM, complawyer said:

if they're as slender as you claim, there should be no problem.

5'4" and a size 4, and 5'6" and a size 6/8. I hope you are right! I have visions of them being totally fed up with the arrangment by the end of the week - but I also tend to over worry about things...

On 8/4/2021 at 2:09 AM, Two Wheels Only said:

From what I can tell, the bottom slides out and the backrest fills the gap. My guess is that 2 people would sleep parallel to the wall, not perpendicular to the wall. The thickness of the backrest looks similar to the BA/GA Haven sofa-beds. The Haven sofa-bed for 2 on Escape is different than BA/GA. 

Thanks for the tip - I will go see if I can find pics of those beds!

On 8/4/2021 at 2:12 AM, Two Wheels Only said:

It's not in a corner. It's in the center of the front-facing ocean view staterooms. 

Yes of course you are right - that's a symptom of my "I've looked at 800 staterooms on 15 ships by 5 different cruise lines" disease :).

(Also, everyone who replied - sorry for the long gap in my post and replies - life got a little crazy for a while!)

Here is a YouTube video of Norwegian Escape 10700, same stateroom setup as 13700

If you have have a paid membership to Cruise Deck Plans they have photos of several of the NCL Escape  ..700 forward facing oceanview staterooms.  The photos for 12700 include sofa made into a bed and it looks like it will be fine for the girls.   Two Wheels Only's explanation in post #3 above appears to be correct. 

4 hours ago, kjquilts said:

Here is a YouTube video of Norwegian Escape 10700, same stateroom setup as 13700

If you have have a paid membership to Cruise Deck Plans they have photos of several of the NCL Escape  ..700 forward facing oceanview staterooms.  The photos for 12700 include sofa made into a bed and it looks like it will be fine for the girls.   Two Wheels Only's explanation in post #3 above appears to be correct. 

Thank you so much!