AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD considered the same thing?

kse709

I know the CDC is looking at AstraZeneca for approval, so if AstraZeneca gets approved will COVISHIELD get automatically approved as well?

I have COVISHIELD & PFIZER.

Thanks

AZ Oxford is considered as different than AZ Covishield

or

AZ UK is considered different than AZ India

Some EU countries accept AZ India, some don't. It is an evolving situation so you need to keep up on the latest.

• Like 1

I had the Covishield first dose and UK version second dose. The Covishield was made in India.  That was is not accepted in the EU for cross border travelers.  This pissed me off if Canada doesn’t stand up for us AZ vaccine recipients!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, hubbards said:

I had the Covishield first dose and UK version second dose. The Covishield was made in India.  That was is not accepted in the EU for cross border travelers.  This pissed me off if Canada doesn’t stand up for us AZ vaccine recipients!

Covishield is not accepted by the EU as a whole, but about half of the countries do accept it. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, hubbards said:

Just what do you want Canada to do, stomp our feet and cry "it's not fair"?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, hubbards said:

I expect our so called experts to go to bat for us.  That is what I expect. 

Can you be more specific? A,so, how do you know they are not?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, broberts said:

Just what do you want Canada to do, stomp our feet and cry "it's not fair"?

The signs all point to that is what our leaders have done …and it hasn’t worked.

- travel advisory for Canadians still in effect

- border open to other countries (US)

- US  border closed to Canadians 

In each of these points it can easily be assumed that acceptance of  the AZ mix is a major part of the problem

• Like 1

Has anyone heard anything in regards to covishield and astrazeneca for US cruises. There are many who got first dose covishield and second dose astrazeneca.  Would they look at that as a mixed dose?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, tert333 said:

Has anyone heard anything in regards to covishield and astrazeneca for US cruises. There are many who got first dose covishield and second dose astrazeneca.  Would they look at that as a mixed dose?

AstraZeneca and Covishield are the same. One is made by Astra Zeneca and the other by the Serum Institute in India. Comparable product.

They are NOT accepted by the CDC, and therefore if you sail from a US port, and have either AstraZeneca or Covishield in the mix, you are classified NOT fully vaccinated.Below is directly from the Celebrity site a few minutes ago, which of course can change on a dime.

NOTICE: For U.S. cruises and guests: Prior to sailing, please consult all applicable U.S. Centers for Disease Control travel advisories, warnings, or recommendations relating to cruise travel, at www.cdc.gov/travel/notices. If a certain threshold level of covid-19 is detected onboard the ship during your voyage, the voyage will end immediately, the ship will return to the port of embarkation, and your subsequent travel, including your return home, may be restricted or delayed.

1.png

Edited by 3Shelaghs

2 hours ago, 3Shelaghs said:

AstraZeneca and Covishield are the same. One is made by Astra Zeneca and the other by the Serum Institute in India. Comparable product.

They are NOT accepted by the CDC, and therefore if you sail from a US port, and have either AstraZeneca or Covishield in the mix, you are classified NOT fully vaccinated.Below is directly from the Celebrity site a few minutes ago, which of course can change on a dime.

NOTICE: For U.S. cruises and guests: Prior to sailing, please consult all applicable U.S. Centers for Disease Control travel advisories, warnings, or recommendations relating to cruise travel, at www.cdc.gov/travel/notices. If a certain threshold level of covid-19 is detected onboard the ship during your voyage, the voyage will end immediately, the ship will return to the port of embarkation, and your subsequent travel, including your return home, may be restricted or delayed.

1.png

Careful.... The Celebrity website says:

Vaccines that are fully approved or authorized for emergency use by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or the World Health Organization (WHO) are accepted. Sputnik V and CanSino are not accepted Covid-19 vaccines.  Please be aware that certain countries we sail from or visit during a voyage may require a specific vaccine, and only those travelers vaccinated with the requisite vaccine will be considered fully vaccinated. Be sure to review your departure country's requirements or consult our guest materials prior to sailing for these requirements.  

Astrazeneca is approved by WHO so those with 2 doses of Astra Zeneca are vaccinated according to the above question.
The reason AZ is not listed is that no one in the U.S. has AZ, which is why it's not listed as an option.

OP - Not sure the answer to your question though, sorry 😞

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, 3Shelaghs said:

Some drug approval agencies do not consider AZ Oxford and Covishield to be the same when it comes to authorization. Production facilities are different and operated, I believe, by unrelated companies.

Edited by broberts
  • Like 1

Be careful. WHO & FDA not always in sync, it depends which political agenda or who is funding what. FDA is expected to approve AstraZeneca maybe next few weeks, but “know” before you book.

On 8/7/2021 at 6:55 PM, K_e_short said:

Careful.... The Celebrity website says:

Vaccines that are fully approved or authorized for emergency use by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or the World Health Organization (WHO) are accepted. Sputnik V and CanSino are not accepted Covid-19 vaccines.  Please be aware that certain countries we sail from or visit during a voyage may require a specific vaccine, and only those travelers vaccinated with the requisite vaccine will be considered fully vaccinated. Be sure to review your departure country's requirements or consult our guest materials prior to sailing for these requirements.  

Astrazeneca is approved by WHO so those with 2 doses of Astra Zeneca are vaccinated according to the above question.
The reason AZ is not listed is that no one in the U.S. has AZ, which is why it's not listed as an option.

OP - Not sure the answer to your question though, sorry 😞

Celebrity has confirmed that Astrazeneca is fine.  While they thought that one dose of Covishield and Astrazeneca is ok, they have escalated it internally to get an answer. Will keep everyone posted.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tert333 said:

Celebrity has confirmed that Astrazeneca is fine.  While they thought that one dose of Covishield and Astrazeneca is ok, they have escalated it internally to get an answer. Will keep everyone posted.

I talked to a Celebrity rep 2 weeks ago who confirmed it would be ok, and was promised an email confirming this, and nothing.