Email about PCR test from Royal for Indy, but I am vaccinated, Confused?

My wife and I just got an email from Royal about our August 22nd cruise on Indy out of Galveston. Will copy and paste below, but Wife and I are both vaccinated (with information provided during check in), already have our Antigen test scheduled for 3 days before, but then we got this. Happy to sign up for it, but it says in bold not for vaccinated passengers. I am the only one on the email even though it says "One of your below guests needs to get an At port PCR Test". Anyone else get this? I am in meetings all day or would Call Royal and ask.....

So confused, but still excited. They can swab me as much as they want as long as I get to go on my 3 time rescheduled Honeymoon!

Dear Guest,

As promised, we’re reaching out with details about scheduling your boarding day PCR test for COVID-19, conducted by our medical services partner, BioReference Labs. For your safety, all unvaccinated guests ages 2 and older are required to take this test during check-in on boarding day (plus, a debarkation antigen test, which we’ll share more details about once you’re onboard). It's important to register for your boarding day PCR test as soon as possible to avoid delays in your check-in process.

If you're vaccinated, you don't have to complete this registration for yourself. However, you may have received this email because the guest below may need to undergo boarding day testing. Please share this information with them or complete it for them if they are your minor child.

PCR Test Registration Details

Booking ID

ALL PERSONAL DATA REMOVED

t

Register for your test

• Each guest must use their unique Reference ID listed above when registering with BioReference Labs. If you or someone in your travelling party has not received an email including a unique Reference ID, please contact us at 954-628-9290 or 1 (800) 256-6649.
  • Parents, you’ll need to register for your children under 18 years old using your child’s unique Reference ID.
  • Issues registering for your boarding day PCR test for COVID-19? Contact us at 954-628-9290 or 1 (800) 256-6649.
  • Click here to register with BioReference Labs to schedule your PCR test for COVID-19.

Boarding day

• Testing is being held at the cruise terminal, where you’ll check-in.
  • All unvaccinated guests ages 2 and up will be required to take this test in order to board. Guests under 2 years of age will not be tested.
  • It’s important that you show up exactly at your selected check-in time. Otherwise, you may be asked to return at a later time.
  • If you're feeling unwell, please stay home and contact us at 954-628-9290 or 1 (800) 256-6649. We will gladly work with you to reschedule or refund your cruise.

After your test

• Our testing partner, BioReference Labs, will provide your results via email.
    • Please note, your results will also be shared with Royal Caribbean International.
  • If your result is negative and you’re approved to sail, we’ll look forward to welcoming you onboard!
  • If your result is positive or inconclusive, a pier agent will share next steps with you. Rest assured, we will take care of you.

And remember, please stay safe – it's important to continue wearing your mask, keeping a safe distance from others, washing your hands often, etc.

We’re looking forward to seeing you onboard!

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

©2021 Royal Caribbean International.  

All Rights Reserved.

Edited by ducati996spr
Cleaned up spaces

5 minutes ago, ducati996spr said:

My wife and I just got an email from Royal about our August 22nd cruise on Indy out of Galveston. Will copy and paste below, but Wife and I are both vaccinated (with information provided during check in), already have our Antigen test scheduled for 3 days before, but then we got this. Happy to sign up for it, but it says in bold not for vaccinated passengers. I am the only one on the email even though it says "One of your below guests needs to get an At port PCR Test". Anyone else get this? I am in meetings all day or would Call Royal and ask.....

So confused, but still excited. They can swab me as much as they want as long as I get to go on my 3 time rescheduled Honeymoon!

©2021 Royal Caribbean International.  

All Rights Reserved.

They're just using a shotgun approach:  sending out a blanket email to everyone and all in order to cover their bases.  You would think that at some time they would have asked those who've been vaccinated to upload a photo of their vaccine cards into a database.  Voluntarily, of course.  On the other hand, does anyone believe RCL IT folk would be able to handle that?

Our family are vaccinnated and still got that same email for our 8/15 sailing on the Independence.

On that email it said if you are vaccinated then you don't have the register for the test at the port.   I guess they send out that email to either everyone just in case or those family with children.

In any case vaccinated or not,  you still need to get the covid 19 test on your own  (either PCR or rapid test) 3 days before sailing.

If you're vaccinated, you don't have to complete this registration for yourself. However, you may have received this email because the guest below may need to undergo boarding day testing. Please share this information with them or complete it for them if they are your minor child.

Edited by StrikeEagle

We got the email for our August cruise weeks ago asking us to fill in the form for each of the six of us stating if we would be providing proof of full vaccination status, which I answered yes for all six of us.  About 3 weeks later we got an email for one of us to arrange her PCR test upon arrival at the port.  I called them and they apologized for the error.  Someone had keyed something wrong on our reservation and they said to disregard the email and they look forward to seeing us August 14th.