Seems like a line of B____!

Just got off the phone with a RCC rep, our Rhapsody 12/14/21 out of Tampa has been

Cancelled. Looks like it was just replaced by Sereande.  I wanted to keep booking,

pick a room same category on Serenade.  Was told RCC reservation staff would re-book

my reservation, pick my room (In original booking I picked cabin) and send my an email with

new details. So I would have no input on my new cabin on Serenade.......seriously, I cruise RC

three times a year. Last year I cancelled and re-booked before I had a cruise cancelled.

So If I am wrong, and this is in fact how they do a cancelled cruise I apologize for all the nasty

words I was thinking about this rep. All that being said is in fact, that's how it is done?

That is normal in these circumstances.  I had a few earlier this year.  If once you get your new cabin assignment you are not happy with the location, you can call and get moved to a different cabin if there are still rooms available in your category.

4 minutes ago, kelbell said:

Just got off the phone with a RCC rep, our Rhapsody 12/14/21 out of Tampa has been

Cancelled. Looks like it was just replaced by Sereande.  I wanted to keep booking,

pick a room same category on Serenade.  Was told RCC reservation staff would re-book

my reservation, pick my room (In original booking I picked cabin) and send my an email with

new details. So I would have no input on my new cabin on Serenade.......seriously, I cruise RC

three times a year. Last year I cancelled and re-booked before I had a cruise cancelled.

So If I am wrong, and this is in fact how they do a cancelled cruise I apologize for all the nasty

words I was thinking about this rep. All that being said is in fact, that's how it is done?

It is because the moves are being done by back of the house staff at different times as opposed to front line who would do it while you are on the phone.

As was suggested, once you get your room assignment just change rooms.

35 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It is because the moves are being done by back of the house staff at different times as opposed to front line who would do it while you are on the phone.

As was suggested, once you get your room assignment just change rooms.

I thought there was no L& S happening for Rhapsody, have things changed. Are we now going to be assigned to Seranade? Same date time frame, same cabin category and price protected?

Edited by Jimbo

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

If the OP is the one doing the move, then why can't that person pick the cabin RIGHT NOW.

As I said, a lot of times these moves are not done by front line staff.  they are done by a different department behind the scenes.  front line agents are not authorized to do the move.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, kelbell said:

Good Luck. All the Passengers on Brilliance were also put on Serenade Oct-Dec. Had B8B all in same Aft/Corner Cabin. Same Cabin # and same Class on both Ships should be easy, Nope! Was all my Bookings have different cabins now. And I mean different as in change Cabins between each leg. Close to Canceling before this decided for me.

Edited by ONECRUISER

13 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

If the OP is the one doing the move, then why can't that person pick the cabin RIGHT NOW.

It's an automatic switch, which means people behind the scenes are having to move every single booking en masse from one ship to another. Having the front line cs staff also doing it could cause issues with the bulk move. And to make matters more complex it's a different ship class so the layout is not going to be nearly identical.

Edited by nolesrule

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

As I said, a lot of times these moves are not done by front line staff.  they are done by a different department behind the scenes.  front line agents are not authorized to do the move.

If this isn't done by August 11th, isn't then everyone just assigned a FCC. That is what it says on the website...................How do they know who wants to move to new ship and who wants a FCC?

Just now, Jimbo said:

If this isn't done by August 11th, isn't then everyone just assigned a FCC. That is what it says on the website...................How do they know who wants to move to new ship and who wants a FCC?

You have to call to do anything other than the FCC.  It clearly states that in the letter

2 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Good Luck. All the Passengers on Brilliance were also put on Serenade Oct-Dec. Had B8B all in same Aft/Corner Cabin. Same Cabin # on both Ships should be easy, Nope! Was all my Bookings have different cabins now. And I mean different as in change Cabins between each leg. Close to Canceling before this decided for me.

Hmmm.... that's a shame. I would have expected them to be able to keep cabins the same given the ships are more or less identical.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You have to call to do anything other than the FCC.  It clearly states that in the letter

Still not understanding how this is then not a L&S...........okay say you call them and tell them to move you to the new ship.................Does that then mean you agree to the new prevailing price, in my case a JS................My date was March 5th.............now what date would they assign me? Prices can vary from date to date, even itineraires can change a little bit from week to week.

Not understanding how people can agree with all this, with just be assigned  like this with no real input?

Junior Suite on Serenade for March 5, 2022 is like $2100 more then I paid for a JS on Rhaspody march 5, 2022.  No way I would go for that.

Edited by Jimbo

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Still not understanding how this is then not a L&S...........okay say you call them and tell them to move you to the new ship.................Does that then mean you agree to the new prevailing price, in my case a JS................My date was March 5th.............now what date would they assign me? Prices can vary from date to date, even itineraires can change a little bit from week to week.

Not understanding how people can agree with all this, with just be assigned  like this with no real input?

I have no idea what you are talking about but the OP was in a unique situation where one ship replaced another.  It is not a lift and shift because it is not moving forward a year.  I suggest you find yourself a TA do deal with your bookings.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Good Luck. All the Passengers on Brilliance were also put on Serenade Oct-Dec. Had B8B all in same Aft/Corner Cabin. Same Cabin # and same Class on both Ships should be easy, Nope! Was all my Bookings have different cabins now. And I mean different as in change Cabins between each leg. Close to Canceling before this decided for me.

are all the October Brilliance of the Seas sailings being moved to Serenade?  we have an Oct 2nd sailing but have not heard from Royal yet.

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I have no idea what you are talking about but the OP was in a unique situation where one ship replaced another.  It is not a lift and shift because it is not moving forward a year.  I suggest you find yourself a TA do deal with your bookings.

Yes, I guess a little confused, where is the list of which ships are replacing which ships...............I guess for my date March 5, 2022 no ship replaced Rhaspody of the Seas............is that correct?

So I guess for the OP their sailing Rhapsody 12/14/21 out of Tampa  was replaced by a new ship, Serenade? now is that correct?

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Yes, I guess a little confused, where is the list of which ships are replacing which ships...............I guess for my date March 5, 2022 no ship replaced Rhaspody of the Seas............is that correct?

So I guess for the OP their sailing Rhapsody 12/14/21 out of Tampa  was replaced by a new ship, Serenade? now is that correct?

I'm not sure.  I didn't see a list.  Individual notices were sent out and I didn't have clients on those sailings

7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

The 12/14/21 sailing was a rare 4 night on Rhapsody. OP got lucky to have picked that date where Serenade could cover for it. This is not a L&S.

Edited by coaster

12 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I'm not sure.  I didn't see a list.  Individual notices were sent out and I didn't have clients on those sailings

So in what I would call an unusual move... Serenade is replacing both ships out of Tampa at different times.

Brilliance sailings before Oct 16 are canceled and sailings  from October 16 through December 6 are moving to Serenade.

When Brilliance returns to active sailing December 16,  Serenade will then take over the Rhapsody sailings. Rhapsody sailings out of Tampa before Serenade takes over are canceled.

Edited by nolesrule
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kelbell said:

Hey, at leadt you have the option to switch. Many don't