John H announced masks and Mandatory testing,

kdr69

We all need to best protect ourselves and others. And the cruise industry needs to protect itself as well. It would be nice if we didn't have to wear a mask or get tested despite having been vaccinated, but Delta, and other possible variations changes everything. I'm hopeful that this will be temporary and especially hopeful that the situation does not become worse. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, snowballs mom said:

I just tried googling COVID antigen test near me. It pulled up several urgent care clinics that conduct the antigen tests with results in thirty minutes. The downside is there is a fee, and I could not tell if insurance would cover it. According to a different person's post their PVP stated that the day of cruise departure counts as day three of the time period. We may end up going this route if the testing requirement is still in place in late September

Thank you for the information! I have spent most of my day researching, as well. I just wish we had antigen testing available at CVS like so many other locations. It would be so much easier! From everything else I have read, I don't think that chart is correct. I think we have three full days before our cruise to test. If it doesn't work out, I guess we will be spending more time in Texas. 

6 hours ago, BTromboneFrack said:

OK, we will be driving to the cruise across parts of the country we are unfamiliar with.   How does one get a COVID test when they won't be staying in any one place for more than one night?   

Same. We are visiting National Parks on our way to Seattle for our cruise to Alaska. I have no idea where/how to get tested. We will be 1 nt in several locations. I chose this cruise because it was fully vaccinated. Looking into cancelling cruise if I can get a refund.

I’m having trouble finding rapid testing centers in our area. And now I’m reading that pharmacies and testing centers are running out of the testing supplies.  Lovely.  So even if we don’t cancel, we may not be able to get the test.  Then we’ll be forced to cancel.  Can’t win.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LHARTWICK said:

I’m having trouble finding rapid testing centers in our area. And now I’m reading that pharmacies and testing centers are running out of the testing supplies.  Lovely.  So even if we don’t cancel, we may not be able to get the test.  Then we’ll be forced to cancel.  Can’t win.  

That's exactly what I'm finding as well. We are winging it, as we can schedule an appointment for Wednesday, Aug. 18 for our Saturday Aug. 21 sailing on the Vista. 

3 hours ago, BrotherCraig said:

Look at the UK and other countries for example.  UK opened everything  back up during the height of the Delta virus saga and then numbers dropped rapidly and continue to drop.  Scientists and doctors are predicting the South to see a big decline in a couple of weeks and the northern states to continue to surge for a few weeks. 

You are an optimist, and I really like an optimist and you may be right.

With the UK,  I have been in shock with the decline and the vaccination rate is only 57% full and 67% with one dose .  Some are saying they hit herd immunity. 

India is also dropping but it appears they got to a herd immunity the natural way. 

Meanwhile Israel is losing the battle even with higher vaccination totals.  

I am concerned of some sort of shut down here in NC as we will be maxing out our ICUs before end of month.  

I do think that the cruise companies are also very concerned about the way this variant is spreading.   I will do what they ask until this variant is contained.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, secretagentxx said:

It also calls for flexibility in cancellation requirements.  

Agreed.  Unfortunately I think they baked into the new cruise contract language that will make it difficult to cancel.  I will not be making my final payment on September 22nd unless things with delta have turned around significantly.

4 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

That's exactly what I'm finding as well. We are winging it, as we can schedule an appointment for Wednesday, Aug. 18 for our Saturday Aug. 21 sailing on the Vista. 

Misery loves company!  I’ve found ONE clinic that will allow appointments farther out than a couple of days.  However, we would have to file it with our insurance ourselves.  We may go that route and just cross our fingers that they have the supplies on September 2.  The other handful of locations only allow appointments a couple of days out and they stay completely booked. I’m first going to call CCL when I have time to wait for several hours on the phone for someone to help……see what my options are. I’ve paid for parking and insurance - will have to move those, too. From what I’m reading on these boards, there are a lot of other mask haters out there - we are not alone, despite what others claim.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ScottsSweetie said:

So, I thought I'd pop over to community posts on JH facebook page and see what is being asked and answered. Here's one:

"Will Carnival over full refunds to guests that do not wish not to sail with masks or to getting tested? The only reason I got vaccinated was to get away from the mask and testing."

Answer from JH: No, I’m afraid not and if he were to ask for a refund that would be the usual penalties that apply. Thank you so much, we really do hope to see you soon and the fun will be waiting for you

1 hour ago, stellarose said:

will take things day by day. things could change for the good or bad by christmas. 

Hopefully, by the time of your cruise things will be much better.  I think the delta variant will have run its course.  As time goes on, more and more people are getting the vaccination, so more people will be vaccinated by then too.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, 14nascarfan said:

Talked to an agent today and no penalty or take another cruise.  

Very helpful!  I’m going to try to get the amount paid on this one transferred to one of our 2022 cruises.  And then hopefully move the parking reservation and our travel insurance policy over.  What a mess - for everyone involved.  And please don’t flog me anymore for NOT wanting to sail in a mask.  It’s how I feel!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mredandchis said:

I have 4 cruises scheduled before end of year.  Just told the wife about this thread and she is cancelling all 4 as we cannot get the test and still make it to the boat.  We dont have smart phones so I would have to have the results in 48 hours and there is just no way the labs can do that.  

It says you can take an antigen test (rapid test).  That means you can get the results very fast.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, leela8 said:

I am cruising on sat 8/7 and I would get tested if I had to. Other cruise lines are stating that you will get 100% refund or a lift and shift. Carnival is NOT saying this.  You all should be refunded if you don't want to ware masks or get tested. Someone please post here if you have gotten a refund or what Carnival's response to this is.

It was already reported earlier in the thread regarding Carnival's response.   Read each post and you'll be educated.

Thanks for the post. I feared this was coming, however words cannot express the disappointment I'm feeling especially after rescheduling my cruise from last year. ☹️I don't blame Carnival as they certainly mean well. It's the ongoing Pandemic and specifically this damn Delta Variant thats devastating. Maybe I'm selfish but after kicking out the money for a well deserved vacation mask wearing really takes away alot of the enjoyment! I can't help but wonder where we would be if only everyone got the vaccination? 🤬

5 hours ago, DB2VA said:

We need to find out if the rapid test is acceptable. That is ready within an hour. 

Just go to the Carnival site and read it for yourself, don't waste your time asking here:

https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-guest-protocols?icid=advisory_cruisehealth_072821

Fully Vaccinated Guests - negative COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken within three days prior to embarkation

Unvaccinated Guests - negative PCR COVID-19 test at check-in, taken between 72 and 24 hours prior to the sailing date

(Antigen test is also known as the rapid test)

Edited by Earthworm Jim

5 minutes ago, Earthworm Jim said:

Just go to the Carnival site and read it for yourself, don't waste your time asking here:

https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-guest-protocols?icid=advisory_cruisehealth_072821

Fully Vaccinated Guests - negative COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken within three days prior to embarkation

Unvaccinated Guests - negative PCR COVID-19 test at check-in, taken between 72 and 24 hours prior to the sailing date

(Antigen test is also known as the rapid test)

Not all rapid tests are antigen tests.  NAAT are also rapid tests and frequently available at pharmacies but they are NOT antigen tests.