John H announced masks and Mandatory testing,

kdr69

4 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

What is the obsession with rapid? It doesn't have to be rapid.

I think mostly so that people are assured they will get the results before sailing.  Depending on the lab, a traditional PCR test can take a few days.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Eliminates the delay pcr tests have. If labs get backed up,  it may take a few days to get results.  Rapid antigen tests eliminate that delay and ensure you have results in time to cruise. Husband got a pcr last week and it took 48 hrs and we’re not inundated like Florida or Texas is with testing. His paperwork said it could take up to 6 days to get his results depending on the labs workload. 

• Like 2

Is it contempt for logic, common sense and any modicum of precautionary measures? Is it the inability to see beyond the tip of your nose while at the same time blindly reaching as far as you can for another snippet of aimless drivel? Indeed, the saying “ignorance is bliss” holds a lot of sea water on this thread.

Everyone needs help to be safe, in anything, but that responsibility starts with us, for ourselves. Beyond that, when we venture into another realm we should be aware of, and, beholding to what others wish to provide in our best interests. You don’t have to like it but once you enter, you better be all in.

Carnival is asking you to do that, for everybody’s sake. So, if you can’t handle some inconvenience and you feel a personal, unnecessary affront toward your well-being, cancel your cruises and stay away….please! As absurd as some of the comments are in these posts, I can’t imagine having to listen to them in person on a ship. Talk about spoiling the cruise, that would do it.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Is it contempt for logic, common sense and any modicum of precautionary measures? Is it the inability to see beyond the tip of your nose while at the same time blindly reaching as far as you can for another snippet of aimless drivel? Indeed, the saying “ignorance is bliss” holds a lot of sea water on this thread.

Everyone needs help to be safe, in anything, but that responsibility starts with us, for ourselves. Beyond that, when we venture into another realm we should be aware of, and, beholding to what others wish to provide in our best interests. You don’t have to like it but once you enter, you better be all in.

Carnival is asking you to do that, for everybody’s sake. So, if you can’t handle some inconvenience and you feel a personal, unnecessary affront toward your well-being, cancel your cruises and stay away….please! As absurd as some of the comments are in these posts, I can’t imagine having to listen to them in person on a ship. Talk about spoiling the cruise, that would do it.  

It is not a matter of inconvenience. I chose to cruise due to the lack of requirement for testing. I am 2 weeks away from cruising, I can't cancel without penalty. I don't want the worry or hassle of dealing with a positive, or false-positive test. Plain and simple. There are plenty of examples of positive tests after having Covid or the Vax. I have the vaccine. Does it work or not?

• Like 3

I get what they are trying to do I really do.  But honestly I never will understand the put a mask on while entering a restraunt so you can take it right off the whole time you are there.      I am staying on lido anyways.  I will likely just get food food for breakfast and lunch and eat on my balcony in peace anyways.

I am predicting a lot of cancellations and really low capacity on ships with all these new restrictions.

• Like 8

Well, we just received our "emergency notification" regarding the latest updates on the Covid roulette wheel. What a disappointment. As being fully vaccinated, we were looking forward to sailing on a fully vaccinated ship and enjoying normal, i.e. no masks etc. 

I'll be calling my T.A. tomorrow to push our three 2021 cruises well into 2022. Hopefully the Omega variant won't screw those up.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DB2VA said:

Not that is confusing..it says at the beginning guests are encouraged, but then says REQUIRED   at least 3 times.

6 hours ago, DB2VA said:

First sentence says, strongly encouraged....

You are strongly encouraged to wear a mask at all times when inside.  However, these are the places where it's mandatory....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Probably because the other one can take days to get results.

Exactly.  I live in Florida, and would not bet my cruise that I'll get a PCR test turned around in that three day window.  On the Mardi Gras on the 14th, and have our Rapid tests scheduled for 8/11.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Because you can go on Wednesday for a Saturday cruise and get the results within minutes.  You don't have to sit around and wonder if you are going to be able to cruise.  If you do  the PCR test you have to wait for at least 48 hours to get the results.  If you are flying out on Friday (as we are), they you may not even get the test results before you have to get to the airport.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

You are strongly encouraged to wear a mask at all times when inside.  However, these are the places where it's mandatory....

This makes it seem like when you are just strolling around the ship you don't have to wear a mask until you get somewhere that is requires you to put a mask on.... interesting concept. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kleibo said:

Do you know how many are positive and why were they tested?   Did they make an announcement about the positives?

He didn’t say how many but he announced it at the same time as the mask mandate. They are all in quarantine. Some were having mild symptoms, others none. That’s all he said. We also left Belize late. There was some medical emergency (non COVID I understand) that had to leave ship.

Edited by IloveCatsandCruises
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NereusJ said:

Going on Vista 8/14.  Already vaccinated.  Sounds like a quick antigen test will be required. 

Any confirmation regarding the existing sailing whether there is positive cases onboard or was the announcement for passengers due to the policy change?  What happens when passengers on board positive will they return ship for deep cleaning or just fluff up the stuff and load the next batch of passengers?

They announced the policy change (about the masks) and that there were positive COVID cases onboard in isolation on the ship. No news on if this will effect debarking, etc.

All Carnival revenue cruises currently sailing are in Yellow CDC status which means enough Covid cases onboard to warrant a CDC investigation. This applies to some other lines as well, i.e. Princess, Holland America, Celebrity, RCI.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/crew-disembarkations-commercial-travel.html

24 minutes ago, Fredric22 said:

This makes it seem like when you are just strolling around the ship you don't have to wear a mask until you get somewhere that is requires you to put a mask on.... interesting concept. 

Yup . We have to wear them in elevators, entertainment venues, in dining room, buffet (until we sit down) , but not outside

6 minutes ago, IloveCatsandCruises said:

Yup . We have to wear them in elevators, entertainment venues, in dining room, buffet (until we sit down) , but not outside

So you don't have to wear them while you are just walking around?  Also, I am assuming once you are in a venue you can buy a drink and take the mask off? Just curious as to how it is being handled there... 

6 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

We need to be tested on September 1.  I tried to make an appointment online with CVS, but the only choices are today or tomorrow.  Anybody able to schedule in advance?

I had a two week window starting tomorrow through CVS minute clinic.