Approved antigen test

YIKES!!!!!! Apparently CVS and Walgreens are out of antigen test. Advent Health are still doing them I guess, so does RC accept Advent Health tests?

We sail on the 22nd so need one on the 19th. Has anyone here gotten a test from anyone other than those two?

I don't know where you are located but I am getting mine tomorrow for a sailing this Sunday at Pines Healthmart Pharmacy in Pembroke Pines, FL. I know this is ok because someone I know used them for the current Odyssey sailing.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

In FL use the FL Dept. of Health site to find a County or State testing site. https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/testing-sites/ 

In Orlando I go to Barnett Park on West Colonial. You have the Antigen results usually in 20-40 minutes. PCR results were back in about 30 hours +/- when I needed them for AOTS.

Edited by outtoseacruise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

try Walgreens. 

Oh and there are two rapid tests.  I have read and heard that the idNOW is the better one.

And you can try non drugstores locations that are aligned with a hospital.

Also where are you flying into?  perhaps near the airport or at the airport they have testing sites.

I have read that CVS is trying to add more locations as well.  Pretty soon testing will surpass the getting vaccine locations

Thanks everyone!! We live on the central Florida coast an hour north of PC. Walgreens is showing they are out of test currently around here.  Our issue, as DW is a retire RN now TA, is what is accepted and what is not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

try Walgreens. 

Oh and there are two rapid tests.  I have read and heard that the idNOW is the better one.

And you can try non drugstores locations that are aligned with a hospital.

Also where are you flying into?  perhaps near the airport or at the airport they have testing sites.

I have read that CVS is trying to add more locations as well.  Pretty soon testing will surpass the getting vaccine locations

IDnow is not an antigen test, so it will not be accepted at the port. CVS is really the only nationwide chain I’ve seen that had Antigen testing, no Walgreens in my state had antigen only IDnow. 

3 minutes ago, Tyro1 said:

IDnow is not an antigen test, so it will not be accepted at the port. CVS is really the only nationwide chain I’ve seen that had Antigen testing, no Walgreens in my state had antigen only IDnow. 

Are there different kinds of Antigen test?

Walgreens has the IDNow NAAT test as mentioned, but they also offer BinaxNOW which is an antigen test. As long as it was processed by the pharmacy, it should qualify (as opposed to buying the kit and doing it yourself at home). I just had a BinaxNOW test this past weekend at a Walgreens near me and received emailed results within 2 hours.

1 hour ago, rtazz17 said:

Yeah idnow is a molecular test. I would verify with rccl like 10 times b4 getting that test.

Yeah, I’ve sent them messages and they say antigen only, but who knows if they are actually checking the type of test at the port or just looking for a negative somewhere on the paper, but I won’t be risking it. 

Has been stated, they will accept any COVID test result that is through a drugstore/pharmacy, hospital, freestanding lab, doctor office, med center, etc.  

They don't care what brand or type/style of test it is -- just that it was administered by a "healthcare facility" of some type (like listed above) and not in your bedroom or at a corner gas station or liquor store or some random dude with a kiosk at the mall.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Has been stated, they will accept any COVID test result that is through a drugstore/pharmacy, hospital, freestanding lab, doctor office, med center, etc.  

They don't care what brand or type/style of test it is -- just that it was administered by a "healthcare facility" of some type (like listed above) and not in your bedroom or at a corner gas station or liquor store or some random dude with a kiosk at the mall.

That is incorrect, I’ve messaged royal about the Walgreens IDNOW rapid test and they said it must be a PCR or antigen, that is also from some sort of medical facility. 

5 minutes ago, Tyro1 said:

That is incorrect, I’ve messaged royal about the Walgreens IDNOW rapid test and they said it must be a PCR or antigen, that is also from some sort of medical facility. 

Ask ten CSRs, get ten different answers.

Other people have used a NAAT test with no problem to get on board.  

If we don't know...I am a 100% positive that shoreside personnel have no idea what sort of test is valid or not. As someone else mentioned, they are looking at name, date and Negative. :classic_biggrin:

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, karena1 said:

We have appointment next Wed at CVS to get the test for our August 14th Adventure

We are on Allure on the 15th, and when I called to ask where my edocs and luggage tags are (10 days out now...) the rep told me that Thursday will be too far out, and recommended me getting my test on Friday at the earliest.  I'd check and make sure, Wednesday seems out of the "3 day" time...

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

We are on Allure on the 15th, and when I called to ask where my edocs and luggage tags are (10 days out now...) the rep told me that Thursday will be too far out, and recommended me getting my test on Friday at the earliest.  I'd check and make sure, Wednesday seems out of the "3 day" time...

The information clearly states 3 day prior to your sailing date.  So we leave on Sat.  3 days prior is Wed.  Here is what the documentation says.  So we are good with Wed. 

And remember, all guests age 2 and older, will need to present a negative result from a COVID-19 test (which must be done on your own before joining us for your sailing) taken no more than 3 days before your sail date.

Edited by karena1

1 minute ago, karena1 said:

The information clearly states 3 day prior to your sailing date.  So we leave on Sat.  3 days prior is Wed.

It's a grey area, many conflicting answers. I booked mine on Friday for a Sunday sailing, just to play it safe and not have any issue when I get to the port.  I wish you luck, and hope that you don't have any issues.  It's just one more thing to add a ton of stress to this already stressful time...Just hope its negative regardless! 🙂

• Like 1

Just now, YankeesFan4Life said:

It's a grey area, many conflicting answers. I booked mine on Friday for a Sunday sailing, just to play it safe and not have any issue when I get to the port.  I wish you luck, and hope that you don't have any issues.  It's just one more thing to add a ton of stress to this already stressful time...Just hope its negative regardless! 🙂

Not worried about it being negative, have had 4 of these stupid tests since March because we travel all the time.  Just one more thing to get over with.  I printed the documentation to take with me since it clearly states 3 days prior to sailing date.  So thinking we are good to go.  

2 minutes ago, karena1 said:

Not worried about it being negative, have had 4 of these stupid tests since March because we travel all the time.  Just one more thing to get over with.  I printed the documentation to take with me since it clearly states 3 days prior to sailing date.  So thinking we are good to go.  

Wednesday, Thursday, Friday...that sounds like 3 to me, Saturday would be 4.  However, you can also think about 72 hours....Depending on when you board?  It's such a grey area.  I was on the phone with CS yesterday and they did tell me Friday for a Sunday cruise