Will Regent Allow Passengers on Splendor and Explorer Transatlantics?

Appears cruise lines are very reticent to have passengers on board 14+ days after last COVID test.  Do you think Regent will take chance on having passengers onboard for the two fall trans-atlantics?

• Like 1

The Waiting Line for Regent's decision forms on the right.  Final payment made; insurance (not from Regent) secured.  If Regent does cancel within the next 12 days concerning our October 31st Explorer TA, we can get the insurance payment rescinded.

If not--Gone with the Wind whether or not Regent cancels later.  Still--believe we made the right decision to get insurance coverage if we "flunk" testing at either Pierside at Barcelona; or while en route back to Miami (or Puerto Rico, Bermuda, or Charleston).     

GOARMY!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, flossie009 said:

????????

I've been spending too much time reading other boards; I need to stop.

Edited by mrlevin
  • Like 1

We are booked on the Athens to Miami transatlantic.  I have been so focused on the WC that we go on less than a month later, that I have not entertained that this cruise could go kaput too.  Let’s hope Regent gets its act together before they start welcoming passengers onboard.

Has some other cruise line cancelled all transatlantics? I also follow the Celebrity board and they still have at least two scheduled this fall. I must admit these seem less problematic to me than other longer sailings that hit more different countries/ports.

Just received notice from Regent, via our TA, that passengers on any cruise departing prior to December 31st

"may now cancel up to 60 days prior to cruise departure date, without penalty and receive a 100% Refund on amounts paid**at time of cancellation.  Refund requests will be processed within 60 days of receipt.  Please note, final payment due dates have not changed."  

**If any portion of the booking has previously applied Future Cruise Credits, those Future Cruise Credits will be reinstated to the guest's account and are non-refundable.  

-----

We are (were) already into the 50% Penalty period; so, another few weeks of Grace has been granted to the unworthy.  My second thought is that this step is prelude to another cancelation by Regent, while trying to maintain customers' loyalty for future bookings.  

GOARMY!

1 hour ago, GOARMY said:

Just received notice from Regent, via our TA, that passengers on any cruise departing prior to December 31st

"may now cancel up to 60 days prior to cruise departure date, without penalty and receive a 100% Refund on amounts paid**at time of cancellation.  Refund requests will be processed within 60 days of receipt.  Please note, final payment due dates have not changed."  

**If any portion of the booking has previously applied Future Cruise Credits, those Future Cruise Credits will be reinstated to the guest's account and are non-refundable.  

Interesting.  We have 15 days from today to decide.  I was privately betting our sailing of VCE-IST would be cancelled, but being able to make the decision ourselves is nice.

No negative vibes!!!  I need a cruise fix  so badly that I’m willing to put a Piña Colada on my chest and backstroke across the Atlantic. We are on the Barcelona to Miami cruise with Go Army and I’m using all my good juju charms to make it happen. I will wear a mask and  take any Covid tests to get onboard. 

Z and TB

• Like 6

Also REALLY needing to cruise!  Is Regent not travelling fully vaccinated?  Not sure where the need to test even comes into play.  There are going to be CoVID cases on cruises....there are also norovirus cases, flu, etc.  If everyone is vaccinated, the outcomes, even if someone does come down with a case,  should not be too bad, I thought.  As long as everyone keeps with the conventional wisdom of hand washing, distancing, etc., I'm not sure why a 14 day cruise would be any worse than a 7 day cruise?  Or is evacuation of a passenger the issue? @zqueeze1, you keep those positive vibes coming!

• Like 1

All:  Reference my earlier posts on this Thread; and Zqueeze1's #13--

A ray of hope.  See recent entry on Thread  "NCHL to Sue State of Florida. .  . "  and so-on.  

Federal District Court Judge just issued Preliminary Injunction on favor of our favorite Line--Regent--on this matter.  Positive vibe, Zqueeze1; but only a "preliminary round One" in what will probably be drawn-out litigation by whatever side looses the next Round.  (See my Post #34 on that other Thread for context.)  Hope Regent continues to have Plan B ready to go.  We are certainly still ready to GO--with Insurance coverage as our Plan B--at Barcelona on October 30th.  

Best to all--keep the Faith. 

GOARMY!