Jump to content

3rd doses in Quebec for traveling


 Share

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, mabt said:


I'm not sure I'm allowed to sublet.  😄  But it did occur to me that anyone could probably find a blank Quebec lease agreement online and fill it out with any random address, and likely nobody would ever know the difference.

 

You know what is insanely silly and crazy and just f'ed up.

 

Us Canadians are trying to deceive and lie to GET a 3rd dose.

 

Go look at the other boards with Americans and they are trying to deceive and lie to NOT GET any dose 🙂

 

 

  • Like 6
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, K_e_short said:

 

You know what is insanely silly and crazy and just f'ed up.

 

Us Canadians are trying to deceive and lie to GET a 3rd dose.

 

Go look at the other boards with Americans and they are trying to deceive and lie to NOT GET any dose 🙂

 

 

Completely agreed.  The entire situation is crazy.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, MamatoJack said:

I am hoping the US border opens for driving, I would gladly go get a J&J or 2nd shot of Pfizer. Sadly Ontario is only offering 3rd doses to certain groups (for now). But my December 2009 kiddo will be able to get his Pfizer starting tomorrow so I am thrilled about that! He'll be considered vaccinated before me 😆 with my AZ/Pfizer mix. We currently do have a trip to Orlando planned for December so I guess I could always plan to get it then? If we even go. We don't cruise until March (and I know things can change). I do have until December for PIF. Any way. Maybe Ontario will offer 3rd doses. I have some hope.

All of SASKATCHEWAN has opened up for 3rd shot for those who want to travel internationally...saw on the news this morning...hopefully other provinces will follow

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, abby1257 said:

All of SASKATCHEWAN has opened up for 3rd shot for those who want to travel internationally...saw on the news this morning...hopefully other provinces will follow

 

I emailed my MPP and the Minister of Health regarding this (again). Hopefully a better answer than "thanks for writing" which is what I got last time.

 

Federally I got a "we're working on it" message from the MP, but of course now we have an election so that means nothing and would really just be about getting it recognized. I think I'd feel better having that third dose.

 

I was talking to a friend at work, I have AZ/Pfizer, talking about getting J&J in the US and of course Canada has that deal to manufacture Moderna so if I got that I'd have all 4 approved ones... I'd be like superwoman! Or well protected at least 😄

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, abby1257 said:

All of SASKATCHEWAN has opened up for 3rd shot for those who want to travel internationally...saw on the news this morning...hopefully other provinces will follow

LETS GO ONTARIO - let us AZ/Pfizer people get our 3rd shot.  Its not fair.  Apparently Celebrity has announced that you must be vaccinated in order to cruise. All unvaccinated cruisers over the age of 12 will not be allowed to board.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Tomchick1970 said:

LETS GO ONTARIO - let us AZ/Pfizer people get our 3rd shot.  Its not fair.  Apparently Celebrity has announced that you must be vaccinated in order to cruise. All unvaccinated cruisers over the age of 12 will not be allowed to board.

It looks like almost everyone will be getting a third shot eventually. Sit tight. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Tomchick1970 said:

LETS GO ONTARIO - let us AZ/Pfizer people get our 3rd shot.  Its not fair.  Apparently Celebrity has announced that you must be vaccinated in order to cruise. All unvaccinated cruisers over the age of 12 will not be allowed to board.

 

I think Carnival is the only cruiseline currently allowing exemptions. Not sure since as you see things change by the day.

 

Just saw a report of someone dying from Covid and they were on the Carnival Vista.

 

Cruiselines probably want everyone vaccinated and there are enough Americans who are vaccinated who will cruise.

 

My all inclusive to Mexico is looking better and better as my next vacation 😞

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Tomchick1970 said:

LETS GO ONTARIO - let us AZ/Pfizer people get our 3rd shot.  Its not fair.  Apparently Celebrity has announced that you must be vaccinated in order to cruise. All unvaccinated cruisers over the age of 12 will not be allowed to board.

Ford has made it very clear that 3rd shots for travel are not going to happen in Ontario. As he has dug in his heels on a number of issues without relenting, I wouldn't count on Ontarians seeing any change on this.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/17/2021 at 10:32 AM, mabt said:

I am an Ontario resident, and received a third mRNA dose in Quebec.  I did have to bend the rules a bit.  The short version, which is about all the detail I'm prepared to go into, is that I am in possession of a lease, in my name, for a property in Quebec.  For what it's worth, the lease is signed by both parties and perfectly valid - not that anyone looked very closely.

 

What I can say is this:

  • On the day and location that I received my vaccine, proof of residency was definitely required.  I am completely certain that I would have been turned away without the lease.
  • I was asked when (August 28) and where ("Caribbean") I was travelling, but not why.
  • I don't have a QHIP number, and it wasn't an issue.  I provided my Ontario Driver's License as identification.
  • My Ontario vaccine records were uploaded into the Quebec system before they would administer the additional shot.
  • I received the paper vaccination record that is technically the "official" proof of immunization in Quebec.  Quebec insists that it is all that is needed for travel purposes, but obviously they can't dictate what other jurisdictions will accept.  That said, it's not really any different from the US CDC vaccination cards, so I don't see why it wouldn't be adequate.  In theory, I should also be able access my records online, but so far, whenever I try, it throws an error.  They say they are "working on it".

Which cruise line are you cruising with and have you called them?  This has been the solution myself and my family have been looking into.

 

BUT someone cruising Celebrity in another forum said they had to cancel their cruise even though they had 3 shots.  Celebrity said they would only consider the first 2 shots and not the 3rd...

 

This is super concerning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, MaddyandMax said:

Which cruise line are you cruising with and have you called them?  This has been the solution myself and my family have been looking into.

 

BUT someone cruising Celebrity in another forum said they had to cancel their cruise even though they had 3 shots.  Celebrity said they would only consider the first 2 shots and not the 3rd...

 

This is super concerning.

I had my TA confirm with Celebrity if they will accept a 3rd dose.  The response was:

 

If a guest would get a 3rd dose, we will only be looking as if at least 2 of 3 doses meet the current requirements.

 

So get your 3rd dose and report back on how easy or difficult it was to obtain.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tomchick1970 said:

I had my TA confirm with Celebrity if they will accept a 3rd dose.  The response was:

 

If a guest would get a 3rd dose, we will only be looking as if at least 2 of 3 doses meet the current requirements.

 

So get your 3rd dose and report back on how easy or difficult it was to obtain.

 

Interesting that you would told something different from someone else from Celebrity.  I would definitely print out that confirmation to take with you if it was in writing.  I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

 

My cruise isn't until the end of October so I'm hoping Ontario gives us the option by then or I can go across the border to get one.  if not we will cancel and I hope this mess gets fixed before my next cruise in March.

 

That said, I reached out to Royal on facebook and twitter.  One told me yes it would be accepted and one told me no.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MaddyandMax said:

Interesting that you would told something different from someone else from Celebrity.  I would definitely print out that confirmation to take with you if it was in writing.  I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

 

My cruise isn't until the end of October so I'm hoping Ontario gives us the option by then or I can go across the border to get one.  if not we will cancel and I hope this mess gets fixed before my next cruise in March.

 

That said, I reached out to Royal on facebook and twitter.  One told me yes it would be accepted and one told me no.

I have a copy of the email response saying that a 3rd dose is Good, so I will keep a copy of it.

My next cruise is Nov 17 and I'm really hoping to go.  If the border opens up we may trying to get a 3rd dose in the US.  I'm just wondering how easy is it to get.  Can I walk into any Walgreens and get a 3rd vaccine??  If anyone has experience on this please share.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MaddyandMax said:

Which cruise line are you cruising with and have you called them?  This has been the solution myself and my family have been looking into.

 

BUT someone cruising Celebrity in another forum said they had to cancel their cruise even though they had 3 shots.  Celebrity said they would only consider the first 2 shots and not the 3rd...

 

This is super concerning.

 

Royal Caribbean.  I spoke directly with the executive office when they confirmed that the two doses I had would not be accepted.  She offered a refund at that time, and I said I would hold off in case I could get a third dose.  That would have been her opportunity to speak up if it wasn't going to be accepted.

 

Honestly, I'm not even going to "go there".  It took them weeks and multiple conflicting answers to decide that the mixed doses at 44 days wouldn't be accepted.  I'm willing to bet that they have no idea what their "policy" is on third doses, and won't know until a passenger forces them to define one.  I'm pretty confident they're not going to turn me away at the port when I can show them two doses of Moderna administered comfortably inside the 28-42 day interval.  I don't see how anyone could define that as "unvaccinated".  Asking them at this point is just going looking for trouble.

 

If I'm wrong, I guess I'll find out, and so will everyone here.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MaddyandMax said:

Which cruise line are you cruising with and have you called them?  This has been the solution myself and my family have been looking into.

 

BUT someone cruising Celebrity in another forum said they had to cancel their cruise even though they had 3 shots.  Celebrity said they would only consider the first 2 shots and not the 3rd...

 

This is super concerning.

Can you provide a link to that post? I follow the Celebrity board quite closely but missed that one. Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Can you provide a link to that post? I follow the Celebrity board quite closely but missed that one. Thanks!

Mixed vaxxed - NEED A 3RD DOSE TO CRUISE CELEBRITY OUT OF FLORIDA     Look at post #3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, ddtravel2013 said:

Mixed vaxxed - NEED A 3RD DOSE TO CRUISE CELEBRITY OUT OF FLORIDA     Look at post #3

Thanks. I was aware of this post but was hoping for a link to the post on a different forum.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bottom line.....When we booked our cruise for next March....Carnival had NOT said that they would not accept mixed vaccines with AstraZeneca.....I would want a FULL REFUND IF WE CAN'T GO....

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/17/2021 at 7:31 PM, MamatoJack said:

I am hoping the US border opens for driving, I would gladly go get a J&J or 2nd shot of Pfizer. 

The U.S. just announced it is keeping land borders closed for non essential travel for another 30 days. 

 

https://globalnews.ca/news/8128063/u-s-land-border-restrictions-canada-mexico-extension/

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, abby1257 said:

Bottom line.....When we booked our cruise for next March....Carnival had NOT said that they would not accept mixed vaccines with AstraZeneca.....I would want a FULL REFUND IF WE CAN'T GO....

 

 

I'm going to be cancelling my cruise next week. I"m just waiting until they announce December protocols first. I will let you know what happens.

I was told when I called in July that I would get a full refund.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So disappointing and added frustration with all the inconsistency with these vaccines. I'm booked in Dec 2021 and not sure if I should do final payment or not.

 

If the cruse lines had a no fault cancellation, I'd risk it...or if they would do another lift and shift, I'd jump on that.  I just wish there was more consistency amongst countries as to what is allowed and not. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/20/2021 at 8:25 PM, K_e_short said:

 

I'm going to be cancelling my cruise next week. I"m just waiting until they announce December protocols first. I will let you know what happens.

I was told when I called in July that I would get a full refund.

Thank you...please let me know anything you find out....I would never have booked if I thought they wouldn't accept AstraZeneca mixed vaccines....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/19/2021 at 1:07 PM, Fouremco said:

Thanks. I was aware of this post but was hoping for a link to the post on a different forum.

I was the one that had a call with Celebrity who told me they would only look at the first two vaccines taken.   To me this makes no sense.  I thought that I would wait a month and call again and try to get something in writing.  

 

Since then, I have sent a note to the CDC asking if I am considered to be fully vaccinated if I have an AZ and two Pfizer vaccines.   Waiting to hear back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, tert333 said:

I was the one that had a call with Celebrity who told me they would only look at the first two vaccines taken.   To me this makes no sense.  I thought that I would wait a month and call again and try to get something in writing.  

 

Since then, I have sent a note to the CDC asking if I am considered to be fully vaccinated if I have an AZ and two Pfizer vaccines.   Waiting to hear back.

I'd like to think that this is just another case of a Celebrity employee providing inaccurate information, but hopefully a response from the CDC will help clarify the situation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...