Jump to content

3rd doses in Quebec for traveling


 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Tomchick1970 said:

Question:  Does any one know if there are certain # of days between Dose 2 and Dose 3 to be considered valid??

Short answer - no 🙂

 

Some cruise lines don't care the interval between your two Moderna or Pfizer shots.

Some do. Some have said no more then 42 days. The recommended interval is 21 or 28 days depending on the vaccine.

 

NACI was once allowing up to 16 weeks between doses, even for Pfizer and Moderna.. so yeah.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Tomchick1970 said:

Question:  Does any one know if there are certain # of days between Dose 2 and Dose 3 to be considered valid??

Not 100% factual but just after we got our 3rd shot (2nd PHZ) we read somewhere it had to be max 42 days... funny enough we didn’t plan it we just took it as soon as we could and after reading it we added up our days and we were 2 hrs within the 42 day window... now I don’t believe this is actually a thing but I could be wrong... 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/26/2021 at 1:05 PM, K_e_short said:

 

What matters is how the cruiselines interpret the CDC and what the cruiselines have written online, on their websites. as their rules. (which change constantly).

That's the key right there. Its why we cancelled 3 cruises this fall. With rules changing constantly, who the hell wants to take a chance on hotels, rental cars, flights and so on, only to get there and find out that a rule changed in the last week that negatively impacts your cruise or means you can't cruise at all?

 

We'll wait. Maybe in 2023 things might be a bit more settled.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How can there be a rule if some recieved 2nd shot as long ago as  April-May, and only 2 or 3 provinces are allowing third shots now. Immunity may wane over time but certainly not in 6 weeks. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gubby said:

How can there be a rule if some recieved 2nd shot as long ago as  April-May, and only 2 or 3 provinces are allowing third shots now. Immunity may wane over time but certainly not in 6 weeks. 

 

Could you explain your question further?

Are you asking where it's written the time between dose 2 and 3?

Are you talking about those allowed to get a booster shot or those getting a 3rd dose for travel purposes?

 

The easy answer is that this has nothing to do with immunity. It has to do with Canada not following the manufacturer's recommendations on how and when to give the Covid vaccine.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So apparently this couple went to a walk in clinic in Quebec and stated they are travelling across Canada and thought they could get their vaccine.   They had their passports on them and were given the dose.   Maybe it will work again who knows, but we will be visiting Tremblant early October so I may try it, unless Ontario makes the wise decision to offer 3rd doses to people who received the mixed vaccinations 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, schiff1997 said:

So apparently this couple went to a walk in clinic in Quebec and stated they are travelling across Canada and thought they could get their vaccine.   They had their passports on them and were given the dose.   Maybe it will work again who knows, but we will be visiting Tremblant early October so I may try it, unless Ontario makes the wise decision to offer 3rd doses to people who received the mixed vaccinations 

Good luck, I guess the worse that can happen is they say no but hopefully it’ll work either way for you 🤞🏻

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/27/2021 at 5:47 PM, MR_T said:

Not 100% factual but just after we got our 3rd shot (2nd PHZ) we read somewhere it had to be max 42 days... funny enough we didn’t plan it we just took it as soon as we could and after reading it we added up our days and we were 2 hrs within the 42 day window... now I don’t believe this is actually a thing but I could be wrong... 

I believe it is. On one of the threads I read a couple denied boarding because their 2nd shot was 44 days not 42.   I’ve also read getting a 3rd shot will not count yet as they are only looking at first 2.  I’m mixed so I’ll just cruise out of Europe.  Less hassle 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, b_cruise said:

I believe it is. On one of the threads I read a couple denied boarding because their 2nd shot was 44 days not 42.   I’ve also read getting a 3rd shot will not count yet as they are only looking at first 2.  I’m mixed so I’ll just cruise out of Europe.  Less hassle 

There seems to be multiple answers to every question at the moment it’s so confusing.  I’ve seen a post of someones screenshot of a conversation with celebrity and they confirmed that if the 2nd & third dose was from the same company after a different first shot that would be fine and they would be considered vaccinated🤷🏼‍♂️ 
 

im sure it was also mentioned a while ago that the cdc had said people with a mixed dose could get a third shot to complete a required series… 

 

now considering how quickly things are changing at the moment who knows what the rules will be tomorrow.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...