Royal email "You volunteered, here’s what’s next!"

Baowen

Just received the email regarding Simulation cruise - If I click onit it says Ovation of the Seas.  It's not open for entries until tonight at midnight.

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Hello Potential Volunteer of the Seas!

Thank you so much for expressing your interest in being a volunteer and helping us prepare our ships for their return to sea.

And now, the exciting part – we will soon be accepting entries to officially register for your chance to be part of one of our simulation cruises! The entry period begins on August 6, 2021 at 12:00:01 a.m. EDT and ends on August 7, 2021 at 12:00:01 a.m. EDT.

Upon completion and submission of your entry form, you will automatically be entered with 1 entry into the sweepstakes. If you’re a Crown & Anchor member, we’ll automatically provide you with additional entries – so you only need to submit your entry once! Here is the breakdown:

• Pinnacle members: 11 additional entries
  • Diamond Plus members: 9 additional entries
  • Diamond members: 7 additional entries
  • Emerald members: 5 additional entries
  • Platinum members: 3 additional entries
  • Gold members: 1 additional entry

If you are not a Crown & Anchor member, not to worry! You can submit additional entries – up to a total of 12 entries per person! Diamond Plus tiers and below, you can also submit additional entries to reach the 12 entry maximum.

The excitement is building and we wish you luck in the drawing! Hope to sea you onboard soon!

Sincerely,

Volunteers of the Seas Team

Royal Caribbean International

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. /D.C. excluding MT, age 18+ (19+ in AL and NE, 21+ in MS). Void in MT, outside the 50 U.S. /DC, and where prohibited. Promotion starts at 12:00:01 AM ET on August 6, 2021; ends at 12:00:01 AM ET on August 7, 2021. To enter: go to www.volunteersoftheseas.com and complete and submit the entry form with all required information, including a valid home address, name and email address. 1,125 Grand Prize(s): stateroom reservations for two (2) people to travel onboard a Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. vessel performing a simulated voyage pursuant to the CDC Conditional Sailing Order. ARV: $650; Total ARV of all Grand Prizes: $731,250. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Limit: 12 entries per person, per household. Potential winner(s) and guest(s) must be available to travel on designated sailings. PRIZE EXCLUDES TRANSPORTATION TO AND FROM THE VESSEL AND HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS.  For full Official Rules, sailing dates and other details click here. Sponsor: Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., 1050 Caribbean Way, Miami, FL 33132.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, sunsetme said:

anyone know where and when the ship will go or is it all virtual?

The Ovation already had her simulation cruise last Friday - Tuesday.  So I'm not sure which ship this is for.

Beth

4 minutes ago, Baowen said:

The Ovation already had her simulation cruise last Friday - Tuesday.  So I'm not sure which ship this is for.

Beth

Appearently, as of now, and unless things change, but don't bet your bottom dollar on it, there are only two more simulation cruises: 

Mariner of the Seas – Aug. 11 from Port Canaveral

Oasis of the Seas – Aug. 22 from Cape Liberty

• Like 1

1 minute ago, footzz said:

Appearently, as of now, and unless things change, but don't bet your bottom dollar on it, there are only two more simulation cruises: 

Sounds like maybe both

1 minute ago, footzz said:

Yep

I got excited when I saw the email - then I read the small print and saw I wasn’t eligible because I live in England… 😞

Unsurprising I guess since we’re still not allowed in the US currently, but I had hoped there might have been trials ahead of the British Isles sailings…

8 minutes ago, demon_princezz said:

I got excited when I saw the email - then I read the small print and saw I wasn’t eligible because I live in England… 😞

Unsurprising I guess since we’re still not allowed in the US currently, but I had hoped there might have been trials ahead of the British Isles sailings…

Anthem already had one

Anyone read the details where in the end non C&A can enter more than once to match thevextra entries Pins get automatically 😉

Well, we did get invites to the early rounds. I feel for the Pins in NE who were holding out for Oasis. The fact that they had a ton of no shows on first 3 or 4 was probably bad.

13 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

I’m skeptical.  The email comes from everbridge.net. 
I don’t think this is sponsored by RCI. 
Clickbait to get info?  

Everbridge is a mass emailing platform, though their primary business is informational alerts (weather, disasters, how to get your covid vaccines, etc) 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

I’m skeptical.  The email comes from everbridge.net. 
I don’t think this is sponsored by RCI. 
Clickbait to get info?  

Not uncommon for companies to farm out stuff like this.

FWIW, these are the same folks who I responded to for my Allure test

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Did you post about the Allure test?  In a nutshell,  would you volunteer again? were the on-board tests a hassle? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Good to know. 
Thanks

Edited by HicksRA
  • Like 1