Royal email "You volunteered, here’s what’s next!"

Baowen

52 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

WHOO!!!  WHOO!!!  

We got our email to sail on the Mariner this Wednesday!!!

We are so excited!!!!

Congratulations!

I'm hoping that means all of the Mariner invites have been sent out.  Really hoping for the Oasis!

Beth

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lorey2007 said:

I haven't got a email yet do I still have a chance???

So far on FB not one winner has said their invite was for the Oasis so I think they started with the August 11th sailing on the Mariner.  Stay tuned, would make sense they do one ship at a time and the closest one to the sail date. 

21 minutes ago, antsnanny said:

So far on FB not one winner has said their invite was for the Oasis so I think they started with the August 11th sailing on the Mariner.  Stay tuned, would make sense they do one ship at a time and the closest one to the sail date. 

Ohhh, keep hope alive!?! I'm ready RC, very easy drive to Bayonne for me.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, garywatson said:

Just curious about something - a Pinnacle is a Pinnacle because they can afford to go cruising pretty much when ever they feel like it, no?  Why would somebody in that class be interested in an inflexible volunteer cruise where you might be jammed into an inside cabin, quarantined, evacuated, and otherwise abused?  Just to save the cruise fare?  I'm only an Emerald and getting the cruise for free is not a key motivator in my case.

The glass is half-full, not half-empty!  "Free" was not my motivator.

1.  We are Pinnacle because: we've enjoyed cruising since the 1st one in 1993; prefer cruising vs road trips and all-inclusives; all of our large and extended family live within 20 miles, so no traveling expenses for birthdays, weddings, graduations, funerals, and more money to cruise; we cruise with family, friends, and for reunions and music charters that are 90% on RC; worked hard and retired "young" so can go wherever/whenever we want; live a short driving distance from two ports and inexpensive flights to FL and west coast and Europe, too, when planned well; we don't count points but cruise because we really enjoy the experience and meeting other cruisers; made Pinnacle a few years ago surprisingly (never expected nor planned it!) by cruising frequently and staying primarily in OV balconies and occasional Suites for longer itineraries; and cruises are our birthday, anniversary and Xmas gifts to each other (as we have nice clothes, etc. and don't need any more jewelry, fur coats and material things... just relaxation).

2.  I did not find the Ovation 5N (Seattle-Alaska) test cruise to be inflexible at all! Thought it was "unique" versus a Caribbean sailing that I enjoy, but have done frequently. All were assigned OV balconies (I think I knew this in advance) and no "neighbors" on either side.  I was available to go on short notice, and as another poster stated, I did it to be part of safely returning to cruising and practice their new protocols.  I wanted to compare my recent experience on B2B sailings on the Adventure/Bahamas sailings to what was expected on this 5N test. Happy to help RC and visit Alaska again after 10+ years!  I met quite a number of cruisers and all were either Pinnacle, travel agents (some 1st time cruisers or first RC cruise) or from the Oregon Call Center.  Quite an enjoyable time!

Wishing all Volunteers good luck and a great time as life is what you make it!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, laumicmah said:

Wondering that as well. Maybe more emails will go out this afternoon. Fingers crossed!

someone upthread said that RC announced all emails went out already.  But when asked where/how the announcement was made they never answered.

16 hours ago, ericfromri said:

The invitation received was one specifically for each cruise with all the details in the email of what I was volunteering for.  I picked the longest one and that was Ovation.   
It was different for us as some of the  pinnacles were invited individually for each one

I tend to miss the important aspects. So are you saying in the information to enter the drawing it was specific for the ship? I saw 3 potential cruises listed but don't remember it saying which one we were putting entrys in for.

1 minute ago, Montanagirlalways said:

I tend to miss the important aspects. So are you saying in the information to enter the drawing it was specific for the ship? I saw 3 potential cruises listed but don't remember it saying which one we were putting entrys in for.

I think we put in for all three.  We are in New York so I would have picked Oasis if I had the choice!

1 minute ago, Montanagirlalways said:

No. He was answering a question about the previous simulation cruises that pinnacle members were invited to. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dahirsh said:

where did they say this?

Royal posted on the FB page yesterday that all invites were sent out. I’m sure will be a few more as there will be people who signed up and won with no intention of going.

Edited by CruisingHogFan

2 minutes ago, CruisingHogFan said:

Royal posted on the FB page yesterday that all invites were sent out. I’m sure will be a few more as there will be people who signed up and won with no intention of going.

I must be looking at the wrong facebook page because I checked last night and didn't see anything

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Montanagirlalways said:

No I was invited for the first five cruises that were just for pinnacle members and some assorted travel agents call center employees and news media.  This 2nd  batch of three cruises are just for people that are travel agents and people that signed up with Royal Caribbean back in January  to be on a test cruise.  The two different series have nothing to do with each other.  I was sent an invitation for each one of the cruises and if I wanted to go on it all I had to do was confirm my acceptance.  I chose the ovation because it was for five days and was longer than the other four However I was invited but if I wanted to could go on all 5 Time permitting , I flew  out the day before stayed at a nice hotel and spent about $1100 For just myself to participate in the five day test cruise.  The second batch of the three cruises that are assigned  randomly are being picked completely differently out of 350,000 volunteers for the test cruise registration  back in January thAt these people signed up for. For the original five cruises the pinnacle members did not have to do anything.  We get invited to non-revenue cruises from time to time meaning when it’s a brand new ship will do a three or four day Test sailing before they have paying customers.  There are many great reasons to join the pinnacle club and all you have to do is have 700 nights on Royal Caribbean.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ericfromri said:

No I was invited for the first five cruises that were just for pinnacle members and some assorted travel agents call center employees and news media.  This 2nd  batch of three cruises are just for people that are travel agents and people that signed up with Royal Caribbean back in January  to be on a test cruise.  The two different series have nothing to do with each other.  I was sent an invitation for each one of the cruises and if I wanted to go on it all I had to do was confirm my acceptance.  I chose the ovation because it was for five days and was longer than the other four However I was invited but if I wanted to could go on all 5 Time permitting , I flew  out the day before stayed at a nice hotel and spent about $1100 For just myself to participate in the five day test cruise.  The second batch of the three cruises that are assigned  randomly are being picked completely differently out of 350,000 volunteers for the test cruise registration  back in January thAt these people signed up for. For the original five cruises the pinnacle members did not have to do anything.  We get invited to non-revenue cruises from time to time meaning when it’s a brand new ship will do a three or four day Test sailing before they have paying customers.  There are many great reasons to join the pinnacle club and all you have to do is have 700 nights on Royal Caribbean.  

We are diamond. but have moved closer to Port Canaveral so if all goes well maybe we will be Pinnacle soon:)

• Like 1