8/2021: Royal cancels LOTS of cruises, some till April 2022. Celebrity cancellations?

fstuff1

Saw this on Facebook (no link):

Brilliance of the Seas canceled till 4/25/22

Ovation till 4/10/22

Radiance till 4/10/22

Rhapsody till 4/16/22

+ 6 other ships with cancellations

What do you think will be canceled from Celebrity?

Was there a post I missed on when Celebrity shifted to all fully vaccinated 12 and over starting 8/7 on all ships?  They updated Healthy at Sea yesterday (8/4- https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/us-travel-requirements)  "All guests 12 years and older must be fully vaccinated with all COVID-19 vaccine doses administered at least 14 days prior to sailing." 

I saw on a travel site I frequent that this is now effective through at least 10/31. I also read that this is potentially only for ships that stop at USVI ports per their recent change (https://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/USVI-bans-cruise-ships-unvaccinated-passengers)

Someone help a girl out! Anyone traveling on Saturday or beyond get an updated notice?

The Florida exception is still there darn it!   I heard the first hearing on the NCL lawsuit against the FL "passport vaccine" law is tomorrow.

For Sailings from Florida

Guests 12 years and older who decline or are unable to show proof of vaccination at boarding will be treated as unvaccinated and subject to additional protocols, restrictions, and costs for COVID-19 testing.

4 hours ago, jameslee said:

I don't think celebrity will cancel. I got greece cruise end of Sept and Greece is cdc levelv4 and nothing yet. 

Is it normal for the cruise lines to ignore those do not travel warnings? It’s kinda unfortunate they are putting people in the position of choosing between the cruise and the travel warnings 

8 hours ago, classy_cruiser said:

It’s kinda unfortunate they are putting people in the position of choosing between the cruise and the travel warnings 

Would you prefer to not have a choice?  Seems straight-forward to me, as does any vacation....weigh the +/-'s, decide if the protocols fit your comfort level, and make your own decision.

9 hours ago, classy_cruiser said:

Is it normal for the cruise lines to ignore those do not travel warnings? It’s kinda unfortunate they are putting people in the position of choosing between the cruise and the travel warnings 

There are few, if any, countries that aren't on some other country's travel warning listing. There's be no cruises anywhere if cruise lines were to stop sailings to all countries appearing on a warning list somewhere. For example, a good number of countries have the US on their travel warning systems. Are you suggesting that the cruise lines not offer any cruises out of the US as well?