Live and life from Nieuw Amsterdam's third Alaska sailing

Copper10-8

I have a question re the internet connection on the ship's computers available to passengers, on Deck 11 forward is it?  How has the connection been there?  We find that the ship's computers work the best for our needs.

Happy Anniversary John and Maria.  And many more!  We appreciate all the posts you've made for our benefit for sure.  Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Today is Friday the 13th which happens to be our wedding anniversary (it was a lucky day for us 😉) so I would like to wish a Happy Anniversary to my beautiful wife, my rock, Maria 😍

John & Maria #11.jpg

Maria 13 AUG 1988.jpg

Maria.jpg

John & Maria #6.jpg

John & Maria Christmas.jpg

John & Maria #4.jpg

Van harte gefeliciteerd, jullie zijn helemaal niet veranderd!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Today is Friday the 13th which happens to be our wedding anniversary (it was a lucky day for us 😉) so I would like to wish a Happy Anniversary to my beautiful wife, my rock, Maria 😍

John & Maria #11.jpg

Maria 13 AUG 1988.jpg

Maria.jpg

John & Maria #6.jpg

John & Maria Christmas.jpg

John & Maria #4.jpg

Happy Anniversary!

We hope you've had a wonderful day of celebration and that there will be many, many more to come.

Lori & George

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

We were happy to wish both of you Happy Anniversary in person. We so enjoyed our visits with both you and hope we get to cruise with both of you again.

Enjoy your celebration dinner in the Pinnacle.

Bruce and Sue

Thanks Bruce, and so nice to have been able to finally meet you and Sue! You two are awesome people and thanks again to you both for your military service to this great country! Enjoy Nieuw A again on her eastbound Panama Canal transit and beyond!

• Like 8

Wednesday/Sitka (con't)

Canaletto dinner which was molto bene  🙂 

Mid-ships Lido pool at night

Wed night's entertainment; he was also good, "Houdini" straightjacket et all!

IMG_4655.JPG

IMG_4917.JPG

IMG_4916.JPG

IMG_4918.JPG

IMG_4919.JPG

IMG_4921.JPG

IMG_4922.JPG

IMG_4923.JPG

IMG_4924.JPG

IMG_4926.JPG

IMG_4927.JPG

IMG_4928.JPG

IMG_4929.JPG

IMG_4935.JPG

IMG_4936.JPG

IMG_4937.JPG

IMG_4939.JPG

IMG_4942.JPG

IMG_4947.JPG

IMG_4948.JPG

IMG_4951.JPG

IMG_4958.JPG

Edited by Copper10-8
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Torquer said:

Please explain more about the Neptune Lounge having better internet.  That implies there is a Wifi problem on board, and not an internet problem.  In other words your device(s) are having poor connectivity to the Wifi access point, but the connection between the satellite dish on the ship to the satellite is fine.  I suppose another conceivable explanation is they are throttling the bandwidth every place except the Neptune Lounge.  That seems unlikely, but perhaps possible.  Do you have slow access to the Navigator app which is likely mostly from a server on the ship?  If so, that would confirm the former...if not, that might suggest the latter is true.

Not Copper, but from past experience, I can say that the Neptune Lounge always has at least one hot spot in it so wifi usually works well there consistently 😉 

• Like 1

Copper John.  Thank you for taking us all along with you on your cruise.  I hope you and your lovely bride celebrate your anniversary in style tonight.  Can't think of a better place than dining in the Pinnacle on one of those BHBs to do just that.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Just between you, me and the lamppost, having sailed Nieuw A for almost a week now, the internet connection while in Alaska is horrendous. I was able to get just a bit (off and on) out of Seattle and on Sunday (1st sea day) but nada after that, and including today. There are some hot spots, the Neptune Lounge being one of them, but overall, it's been pretty sad. I did pay for premium after Sunday but it did not improve the coverage - FYI only

Ah, that explains why I have to come in here to follow you.  I'd been following your live entries on Facebook  but they suddenly ceased.  Anyway, I echo everyone's anniversary wishes to you both.

• Thanks 1