Jump to content

Process for price drop?


Recommended Posts

I apologize in advance if this is an easy answer. i searched and couldn't find.... We are booked on Brilliance at the end of February.  i was checking prices and it looks like they are lower than what I am paying.  What is the easiest and best way to get the price reduction.  I booked directly through RCCL and have not made final payment.  TIA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I used to call and wait on hold and eventually I'd get through and possibly get transferred to a supervisor or different rep and I'd get the adjustment. Now my TA handles all of that and every once in while I'll get an email with some much welcomed savings. Haven't gotten one of those emails in quite some time though sadly. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

I used to call and wait on hold and eventually I'd get through and possibly get transferred to a supervisor or different rep and I'd get the adjustment. Now my TA handles all of that and every once in while I'll get an email with some much welcomed savings. Haven't gotten one of those emails in quite some time though sadly. 

Not sure why a regular rep hasn't been able to accomplish this very easy and often done function.

Some of us prefer to book ourselves and not use a TA which can make the difference in the price adjustment done when it's showing available. But glad you're happy with your preference.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ashland said:

Not sure why a regular rep hasn't been able to accomplish this very easy and often done function.

Some of us prefer to book ourselves and not use a TA which can make the difference in the price adjustment done when it's showing available. But glad you're happy with your preference.

I often wondered the same question. There was a time not long ago where I was the same and even on this board I questioned the added value of using a TA. Definitely to each one's own. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just did this the other day. Called RC, waited a couple of minutes on hold, got a rep and got the price drop easily. Because mine was after final payment I got it in OBC ($448 - yippee!).

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, mkmom514 said:

I just did this the other day. Called RC, waited a couple of minutes on hold, got a rep and got the price drop easily. Because mine was after final payment I got it in OBC ($448 - yippee!).

 

Have you gotten your new statement or did your OBC show up in cruise planner yet?  We had similar drop about a week ago, and were told it would take 7 to 14 to show up.  Some things are available in the cruise planner that we would like to book now.  Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holland America Line’s Alaska Exploration Sale
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...