Norwegian Encore – The Great Cruise Comeback Live

BirdTravels

Thank you so much Ms. Bird for sharing all of this!   I’ve had some really busy bad days at work that drug through the weekend and into today and so your posts have really buoyed me to just focus on getting through it to the 21st…. You Ma’am and if we are ever on a cruise together, I owe you one!  Can’t wait to see more about Icy STrait!  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Curious, what makes you think that Veuve Clicquot is not part of the Premium Plus?  All over the NCL website for upgrading to Plus it states that it is.

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/premium-plus-beverage-package.pdf

If you look at the photos posted of the menus, the bottles that are included with the premium plus package are designated with an * on the menu and Veuve is not one of them.  If you read the fine print on the flyer it states that the wine by the bottle selection is subject to change from the list provided. 

It does however state that all wines by the glass are included, and Veuve is sold by the glass.  I am going to be very curious to see what the interpretation of "wine" is and if the Veuve is included.  In several places NCL often clarifies champagne and sparkling as "wine", but I would imagine that most folks have realized they can easily pay for the Premium Plus package by consuming the Veuve alone haha (at least that was my plan)!

Veuve is covered, but by the glass.  Previously, when premium plus first came out, it was available by the bottle too, but NCL started making that change to exclude it from the bottle list a while ago.  We would order bottles and take them back to our room,  oh, the good ole days!   But still available by the glass, so we will order it that way now.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Shidah said:

Veuve is covered, but by the glass.  Previously, when premium plus first came out, it was available by the bottle too, but NCL started making that change to exclude it from the bottle list a while ago.  We would order bottles and take them back to our room,  oh, the good ole days!   But still available by the glass, so we will order it that way now.

As long as it is by the glass then I am good with that, bet they end up just briining out a bottle when people are dining lol

2 hours ago, suzieq2cruise said:

Thank you so much Ms. Bird for sharing all of this!   I’ve had some really busy bad days at work that drug through the weekend and into today and so your posts have really buoyed me to just focus on getting through it to the 21st…. You Ma’am and if we are ever on a cruise together, I owe you one!  Can’t wait to see more about Icy STrait!  

Absolutly second this!!!  We all you one, or two or three...LOL

• Like 2

NCL strongly suggest the use of Port Valet. Your bags are picked up on the last night of the cruise and are automatically transferred to the airport and checked In with your airline. That is primarily because the baggage hall in Seattle is small. (And fill your bags as much as you want because you don’t pay an overweight fee). 

FF2C41FF-47C2-4E10-84DD-B12B19CEC58E.jpeg

A5E56467-6EEA-4354-8493-6F6DC102A53F.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Latitudes Platinum….. behind the scenes tours and dinner with the officers has been suspended due to CDC Covid protocols. 

As far as the past guest gift offer in August, it is a choice of a NCL water bottle, NCL blanket (which is more of a shawl), or NCL phone power bank. One per stateroom. 

431FD894-3D71-40C7-8563-F2BD131AA1E6.thumb.jpeg.80e9382d17ec15483c93b2429e8d650c.jpeg708126A1-B415-488F-8B82-5FEB4F183581.thumb.jpeg.4fbf2bd3d392ad3961df2211945bd423.jpegDED5CF27-E336-4175-9BA6-3047A08EF01D.thumb.jpeg.8c0dd0fb31255f69d4d6e825ae5a3ccd.jpeg

B4C3041E-2ED0-4384-AFD3-77C5ADA4723B.jpeg

F3151A7F-8F6C-4515-A2F1-9B1B3B092DDD.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Pro Tip: when cruising Alaska, go to the pool towel exchange booth and ask for some plush deck blankets. The towel attendant will go to his secret stash and get you some. They are lovely for sitting out watch for whales. (Plush blanket top, regular beach towel to sit on bottom)

EE8C68A7-725C-47AA-B399-CD8A582B82A7.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, suzieq2cruise said:

IIRC, it's Mr. Bird putting up this fantastic pictorial review!

A couple of questions:  1). Was there a Meet & Greet?  NCL normally does a really nice job with those.  Fun when in the District Brew House!

2). Have you caught any shows?  You mentioned seeing Choir of Man before.  How is that Company of Man being substituted for Kinky Boots?  Any scuttlebutt when the latter will (or if) be returning?  

Hope you have a sweet tooth, Bird.😀

• Like 1