Semi Live Adventure of the Seas August 7th.

Okay I am going to try this!!!!

This is our girls cruise, my daughter,  daughter-in-law, DIL's mother and me.  We booked this cruise about the beginning of May, we have been so excited about this trip and then last week my Royal Up bid was accepted and we are now in a suite!!!  This was going to be a surprise but the concierge outed me by emailing my Daughter-in-law instead of me... oh well.

My husband and I drove to indy on Thursday so that the four our us could fly together which choice air required.   I am sorta thankful that they did because this morning would have been awful for the girls if I hadn't been there to deal with the issues. 

The flights were supposed to be  IND -PHL then PHL-NAS arriving in Nassau at 1:26 PM.  

Our first flight was delay to the point we were going to miss our connection,  the American airlines ticket counter want to book us for tomorrow 😳  20 minutes later on the phone with Royal, they can't get us rebooked either but if we go over to the Southwest counter and book their 10:05 flight out of our own pocket to Miami they can get us on a Bahamas air flight to Nassau this afternoon,  they will reimburse us for the southwest flight.   We are now due to arrive in Nassau Shor after 3PM.

OMG, We are in the air on our way to Miami but talk about stressful start to the day. Goodbye Indianapolis!!!!  I just can't see dealing with covid protocols being more stressful than that.  

Can't wait for my first drink of the day!!!

• Like 13

I was just about to start a live thread for our cruise but if you don't mind, maybe I can just pitch in here as well? I am not sure I will contribute too much because I am terrible with pictures though!

We flew out from Indy on AA yesterday and spent the night on points at Baha Mar (Hyatt). Got to the Hilton this morning about 11 and started check in about 11:45. No major issues and were on board around 12:30.

We are in a 2 br suite-- my husband and I and our two daughters (18 and 20).

After walking the ship a bit and trying to get a feel for where everything is, the plans for the week, etc, I unpacked and took a nap!

We have the 3 night dining package so it's Chops for us tonight. 

So far the masks aren't a big deal. But we were used to wearing them at Baha Mar yesterday anyway 

Oh....the girls just got milkshakes with their drink package. Lol

• Like 8

We arrived in Miami without issue had to leave security since the second flight was booked after we went through security in Indy.

Picked up bags and checked in wirh Bahamas Air. They were really upset that we were late, we had just landed so i am not sure how we could have gotten there earlier. Then that flight was delayed we arrived in Nassau around 4 and didn't have any issue getting through customs.  But the transport was delayed at the airport since they want our transport to be the last one.

We didn't board the ship until after 5:30 and had to do muster immediately.   Then we were able to drop our bags at the room now we are sitting in the champagne bar with our first drinks and trying to forgot the trip here.

Our bags did make it here we are just waiting for them to arrive a our stateroom.  

• Like 10

2 hours ago, sunshinetricia said:

I was just about to start a live thread for our cruise but if you don't mind, maybe I can just pitch in here as well? I am not sure I will contribute too much because I am terrible with pictures though!

We flew out from Indy on AA yesterday and spent the night on points at Baha Mar (Hyatt). Got to the Hilton this morning about 11 and started check in about 11:45. No major issues and were on board around 12:30.

We are in a 2 br suite-- my husband and I and our two daughters (18 and 20).

After walking the ship a bit and trying to get a feel for where everything is, the plans for the week, etc, I unpacked and took a nap!

We have the 3 night dining package so it's Chops for us tonight. 

So far the masks aren't a big deal. But we were used to wearing them at Baha Mar yesterday anyway 

Oh....the girls just got milkshakes with their drink package. Lol

Definitely share this thread, nate too!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Glad you made it on the ship. Enjoy your cruise! If you have a chance can you elaborate on your Royalup deal? I recently canceled all my bids for fear of the location of cabins I could get. Maybe i over thought it?

It depends what category you are bidding on, and which ship.  On most ships (all ships?), if you are bidding on a GS or higher, there are no bad cabins.  (IMO)

I am so thankful for all of the recommendations I read in previous AOS threads about specialty dining. We ate at Chops tonight and it was terrific. Soooooo much food! 

After dinner we hit the 10:15 comedy headliner. He was funny but I feel bad for him that the crowds are so small and spaced out.

The ship is starting to move more, so I am thankful I have my seasickness patch on. I think I got my money's worth of the unlimited beverage package today, so I am ending the night with a bottle of water. 🙂

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I am on this sailing also! Although I have to say, I think it is soooo smooth. I can’t feel a thing!  We were RoyalUped 2 days ago to an OS. It’s a beautiful room. Got it for the minimum bud. 

The mask thing annoyed me at first when I got the email, but honestly it isn’t bad. I just walk around with a drink in my hand and no one says a thing haha… I think it is a little silly since there is hardly anyone on the ship and almost everyone is vaccinated. But it is what it is. I know they are trying to follow guidelines. So I am ok with it. We also did chops for dinner tonight. Amazing as always. Happy cruising! 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

It depends what category you are bidding on, and which ship.  On most ships (all ships?), if you are bidding on a GS or higher, there are no bad cabins.  (IMO)

I was bidding on JS and GS on Oasis. I’m currently in a hump balcony on deck 8. I noticed a lot of the JS suites are connecting and they have some on deck 14 which I’ve heard to avoid. First world problem I know. I just wondered if anyone ever got a better class cabin but in a worse location or situation.

58 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I was bidding on JS and GS on Oasis. I’m currently in a hump balcony on deck 8. I noticed a lot of the JS suites are connecting and they have some on deck 14 which I’ve heard to avoid. First world problem I know. I just wondered if anyone ever got a better class cabin but in a worse location or situation.

Adventure has no staterooms' on deck 14. You are thinking of another class of ships.

13 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Glad you made it on the ship. Enjoy your cruise! If you have a chance can you elaborate on your Royalup deal? I recently canceled all my bids for fear of the location of cabins I could get. Maybe i over thought it?

We went from a ultra spacious balcony to a 2 bedroom grand suite, with a poor bid...  I really  didn't consider the others yeah they would have been a bigger room but the two bathroom was my desire my daughter is a bathroom hog so I has been really nice not having to bang on the door to get in the bathroom.   Our grand suite is two decks below or original cabin.  Love the huge balcony and could see our original balcony from ours.  I think any of the suites would have given us a great location. 

• Like 3

Just an FYI we are wearing the purple wristbands  but not like the Florida ones these are more the hospital type.  So I can't take it off to shower and it it get caught in my hair.  So I found a way to disguise it under my watch band.

20210808_113927.thumb.jpg.7dca57a81798306395774582886d2b6f.jpg

• Haha 1