CNN reports on CDC updated 8/7/21 do not travel to list.

joelheather

CNN just published a story on CDC Do not travel to list.  https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/pandemic-travel-news-airline-chaos-vaccine-mask-mandates/index.html.

We will be on the Horizon Aug 21.  And Curaçao is listed as a no Goto destination due to covid.  What are the chances of the cruise line canceling that port of call?

36 minutes ago, joelheather said:

CNN just published a story on CDC Do not travel to list.  https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/pandemic-travel-news-airline-chaos-vaccine-mask-mandates/index.html.

We will be on the Horizon Aug 21.  And Curaçao is listed as a no Goto destination due to covid.  What are the chances of the cruise line canceling that port of call?

100%

• Like 1

Are you doing the 8 night with stops in Aruba, Curacao, La Romana and Turks & Caicos? That was our BEST cruise ever. We really enjoyed it in 2018. Though I thought I read they may be dropping the last stop which is too bad because Margaritaville there is a GREAT stop. Enjoy however it turns out. We weren't super impressed with Curacao BTW but hope to go back to Aruba for a land vacation today too. And there is an awesome Dreams resort in La Romana for a land vacay.

18 hours ago, travelplus said:

I'm planning to  get out of the US  as I am sick of staying home. Right now I'm in Hawaii. I do not mind a COVID test and wearing a mask!

That's the best thing to do at this point. Once you get to the other country, depending on where you go, things are much different. Especially around the Caribbean.

We have been to the Dominican and Mexico several times since Covid started and the only time we had to wear a mask was on the airplane, nowhere else. You rarely saw them anywhere. It was fantastic!

We did get our first ever Covid tests done this year when we had to come back to the US. It wasn't horrible, they barely touched the tip of our nose and emailed our results to us in 10 minutes. It was worth it to spend 40 days outside of the US and forget it all. 

If people actually looked at the CDCs "do not travel" list, they would never leave their own hometown. This was even before Covid. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

That's the best thing to do at this point. Once you get to the other country, depending on where you go, things are much different. Especially around the Caribbean.

We have been to the Dominican and Mexico several times since Covid started and the only time we had to wear a mask was on the airplane, nowhere else. You rarely saw them anywhere. It was fantastic!

We did get our first ever Covid tests done this year when we had to come back to the US. It wasn't horrible, they barely touched the tip of our nose and emailed our results to us in 10 minutes. It was worth it to spend 40 days outside of the US and forget it all. 

If people actually looked at the CDCs "do not travel" list, they would never leave their own hometown. This was even before Covid. 

I'm with you on this!

• Like 1