Live from the Majestic Princess - August 8, 2021

azbirdmom

49 minutes ago, Wulfwyn said:

Medallion  accessories are More expensive  on shop.  Necklace  is $44 on board,  $30 when you order your medallion.   Bracelet  $54 on board compared  to $45.

Must be a change as many advise to avoid the shipping charges pre-cruise and just buy on board.  Now, need to compare.  Always changes; not always for the best.

51 minutes ago, Wulfwyn said:

Dine my way means no tradition seating.  You may have same dining room and dining time but different  table every night.  Had to fight to stay with favorite  waiter for this trip.  Will post more. 

If you don't like this, please let them know via the post-cruise survey.  Glad you were able to convince someone to keep you in same spot.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tplombardo said:

can you tell us where on the Princess website can I find the policy for bringing canned drinks on board?  Thanks.

You’ll see it in section 5 of their Passage Contract for all bookings.

Guests agree not to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages on board for consumption or for any other use except as follows:

• For Guests of legal drinking age, an allowance of one (1) bottle of wine or champagne (750 mL in volume or less) per Guest per Voyage may be presented to security during embarkation. A US $20.00 corkage fee will be charged should Guests wish to consumer their wine or champagne in the ship’s public areas.
  • A US $20.00 corkage fee (which is subject to change without notice) will apply to each additional bottle (750 mL in volume or less) beyond the one-bottle per Guest per Voyage allowance. Limitations apply, and wine brought in quantities deemed to be excessive by the vessel or security will be refused.
  • Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles. A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in Guests’ hand luggage (not in checked luggage). A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.  Guests will be asked to discard open beverages in plastic containers prior to boarding.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 5

16 minutes ago, avalong said:

My husband and I had drifted away from Princess over the past several years, but I'd been thinking that maybe we'd try them again, especially for a Mexican Riviera or Hawaii cruise which would entail no airplanes for us. After hearing about the DMW debacle I don't think we'll ever cruise with them again. This whole Medallion thing sounds like a royal PITA.

Yknow what's so funny?? On FB and Live threads they are confirming that we don't need to do the whole DMW thing. We can just show up and do ATD. So it's much ado about nothing

MC is great for contract tracing. IMHO that's its real purpose. Especially good during covid era

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ombud said:

Yknow what's so funny?? On FB and Live threads they are confirming that we don't need to do the whole DMW thing. We can just show up and do ATD. So it's much ado about nothing

MC is great for contract tracing. IMHO that's its real purpose. Especially good during covid era

Yes, it is MAAN for AT users.  Not so much for TD users.

I think it is a great option to have - it's just half-baked is all.

14 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

I’m not onboard but have experienced several MedallionClass cruises…the paid MedallionNet internet that’s been unreliable is not the same as the free shipboard intranet MedallionClass system for access to all of the MC app options.

I can say from personal experience from last week's Cruise I honestly didn't have any problems at all with The Medallion Net. I know a lot of people were having issues with it the first week. It was smooth sailing all week even the further north we went.

Edited by Jeter02
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, SaltwaterDaffy said:

Another great easy hike is to Yakutania Point in Skagway. 

Easy, close and nice views.

Screenshot_20210717-062803_AllTrails.jpg

That's the one we've been planning for Skagway day! It really looks nice, doesn't it?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

I have attempted to post a few times but they have disappeared even after I gave up attempting to upload pictures. We are docking in Juneau right now. We were able to spend time on ginormous balcony as we sailed in but now it’s raining fairly hard and balcony is a lake.  We had thought about taking the team but that isn’t worth it unless the visibility is good. So we will just wait until the crowds clear and will wander the town. Hope we can get a TMobile signal as MedallionNet is much worse than it was on the Royal when we used it in Alaska two years ago. 

I asked a question earlier that appears to have disappeared as well. I will try a condensed version. Wondering if anyone has Wifi calling and if it works on Medallion Net. I think that if it does latency might play heck with it.

1 minute ago, farsight said:

I asked a question earlier that appears to have disappeared as well. I will try a condensed version. Wondering if anyone has Wifi calling and if it works on Medallion Net. I think that if it does latency might play heck with it.

I haven't played with the Wi-Fi calling built in on my phone, but I have done it through the normal Facebook Messenger or WhatsApp for both phone and video calling and it works beautifully.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, farsight said:

I haven’t tried this trip. But it worked in Antarctica on the Coral Princess last year. 

• Thanks 1