Tracelet question

I’ve never been on a ship that uses tracelets. Do they go on like a watch, so you can take them off when in your cabin, or like a hospital bracelet that must be cut off? I have seen pictures but I cannot tell how they attach. I don’t like the feeling of a watch or bracelet. I would prefer to be able to take it off when I am in my cabin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, auntjoy036 said:

I’ve never been on a ship that uses tracelets. Do they go on like a watch, so you can take them off when in your cabin, or like a hospital bracelet that must be cut off? I have seen pictures but I cannot tell how they attach. I don’t like the feeling of a watch or bracelet. I would prefer to be able to take it off when I am in my cabin.

I am like you, I hate the feel of a watch or a bracelet! Hospital bands are just as bad, if not worse!!
According to the link above, I will be finding out what alternatives they have come up with very soon 

• Like 1

Every day I sign onto this site there's more and more stupid hoops to jump through to cruise.  I'm "this" close to cancelling our December cruise with all the pre-testing added cost and now this tracking band!

Do any of you know where all of these restrictions are printed in one place or do we just learn about it at the pier?

• Like 2

I cant help but laugh at the comments here...if you dont like the requirements, dont cruise, i assure you that RCL wont bat an eye at you canceling your cruise.

Its laughable to think they are tracking you for anything malicious.  I assume you dont carry a cell phone at home either right?  Or you dont have OnStar enabled in your auto if equipped...or Alexa enabled on your Amazon devices....and so on and so on.

Believe me, you are not important enough for the cruiseline to be "tracking" you for any other purpose...the tracelet serves one purpose at this point in time...nothing more and nothing less.  

• Like 38
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bjlaac said:

Every day I sign onto this site there's more and more stupid hoops to jump through to cruise.  I'm "this" close to cancelling our December cruise with all the pre-testing added cost and now this tracking band!

Do any of you know where all of these restrictions are printed in one place or do we just learn about it at the pier?

We just cancelled our December cruises because of this, masking, and testing. Only one booked cruise left for May 2022. If things don't normalize soon, that one will be cancelled and we will figure out some other venue for vacations.

3 minutes ago, Tromler said:

I cant help but laugh at the comments here...if you dont like the requirements, dont cruise, i assure you that RCL wont bat an eye at you canceling your cruise.

Its laughable to think they are tracking you for anything malicious.  I assume you dont carry a cell phone at home either right?  Or you dont have OnStar enabled in your auto if equipped...or Alexa enabled on your Amazon devices....and so on and so on.

Believe me, you are not important enough for the cruiseline to be "tracking" you for any other purpose...the tracelet serves one purpose at this point in time...nothing more and nothing less.  

Royal wont bat an eye lid? They are losing billions per month. In debt up to their eye balls and there is no end in sight of this virus. They cannot profitably run their business currently so maybe they wont care about 1 or 2 people but when the ships are empty and they stay empty they will care. 

Also my GPS location is not tracked on my phone because its turned off when not in use. My phone will not come and lock me up and force me in to quarantine because i was in the same room as someone who caught the virus. I wont have my liberty taken from me for 2 weeks by my vehicle and i wont be paying for the pleasure of it with my own money either!

The reason they are "tracking" you is so they can lock you up to protect their business. They dont give a monkey about you or your health. They wont be tracking me because i wont be paying to visit their prison ships!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Tromler said:

THANK YOU!  Well said!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

We just cancelled our December cruises because of this, masking, and testing. Only one booked cruise left for May 2022. If things don't normalize soon, that one will be cancelled and we will figure out some other venue for vacations.

While we didn't have any cruises scheduled when this started because we were in the process of a big move we will not be booking any cruise until tracelets (because what could go wrong with that?), masking and testing are not being done.  We went to the Blackhills of South Dakota this summer and it was a normal vacation.  I think land vacations will be our future for quite awhile.  We also live very close to a beach so we can have a beach day often.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tromler said:

No one said otherwise.    You're implying that people are worried about things they aren't.  You're laughing at something that doesn't exist.  Too funny.  Some just aren't interested in cruising with tracelets and other restrictions and they're doing just as you said, not cruising.  And they couldn't care less whether or not RCCL "bats an eye".  Though I don't think corporations do that anyway.....

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

Royal wont bat an eye lid? They are losing billions per month. In debt up to their eye balls and there is no end in sight of this virus. They cannot profitably run their business currently so maybe they wont care about 1 or 2 people but when the ships are empty and they stay empty they will care. 

Also my GPS location is not tracked on my phone because its turned off when not in use. My phone will not come and lock me up and force me in to quarantine because i was in the same room as someone who caught the virus. I wont have my liberty taken from me for 2 weeks by my vehicle and i wont be paying for the pleasure of it with my own money either!

The reason they are "tracking" you is so they can lock you up to protect their business. They dont give a monkey about you or your health. They wont be tracking me because i wont be paying to visit their prison ships!

Well said.  

Obviously the population here is split down the middle.  Some won't cruise with tracelets, masks, and endless ship/port restrictions.  Others will put up with absolutely anything to "get on a ship".

Edited by bouhunter
  • Like 1

Umm you guys worried about being tracked know that Royal is using facial recognition technology on their ships that don't use tracelets, right? So you're tracked either way. My guess is that the traclet is less time consuming to use on Royals end vs the facial recognition software. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tromler said:

I agree with you completely. Don't like it then stay home. It's as simple as that. I don't buy in to that mentality. I have a cousin that has that mentality as well as she won't be forced to get a vaccination because there's something evil behind this like a government plot to control us . Stupid is as stupid does.

Tyler

• Like 10

56 minutes ago, tyler6597 said:

I agree with you completely. Don't like it then stay home. It's as simple as that. I don't buy in to that mentality. I have a cousin that has that mentality as well as she won't be forced to get a vaccination because there's something evil behind this like a government plot to control us . Stupid is as stupid does.

Tyler

A person does not need to stay home.  They can simply go places that don't have the restrictions that they object too.  They will still have fun, spend money etc. just not on a cruise. Some people might find that they enjoy land based vacations better and continue to vacation that way.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bouhunter said:

And they couldn't care less whether or not RCCL "bats an eye". 

Well, the most adamant objection thinks that RCL will end up sailing empty as a result of its "prison ships." 

Not a syllable in all these objections showing any concern about trying to prevent an outbreak on a ship, which is the purpose of all these protocols. No surprise given the sense of outrage at being asked to cooperate.

And has anyone suggested a better way for the ships to continue sailing while protecting pax health? No....

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Pandamonia said:

I wont be tracked like a criminal on gps tag. If its anything like other RCCL tech it wont work anyway so will be useless and ultimately pointless. 

Great,Stay home🙄

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Tracelets are being used on the Serenade OTS (Seattle -Alaska).  Passengers wear it on their wrist like a watch.PXL_20210726_183640402.thumb.jpg.6ea6bf8f9ec0e07b3c7a45766ef68cf5.jpg

Thank you for answering the original question. I also was wondering if I could take it off in my cabin while sleeping and showering. I hate wearing watches, bracelets and bands around my wrists but I understand the reasons for it and I’m willing to comply. So many posts these days goes sideways so fast. I appreciate those who take the time to legitimately answer questions. 

• Like 9

4 hours ago, bjlaac said:

And every day i sign on to this site and see all you people cancelling makes me sooooooooooooo Happy😛Keep up the good work.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, 2chiefs said:

Just off the Equinox Sunday, cruise was perfect…no issue with the tracelet…

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2chiefs said:

you can always go camping🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1