Crystal payment of refunds - Question

seacruise9

Hi, 

I am booked on the Crystal Serenity's cruise departing from Nassau on September 18. I have paid for the cruise in full. This cruise is becoming increasingly less attractive. If I cancel my cruise by August 16, I should be entitled to receive a refund of 75%. At this point, is Crystal currently paying out refunds? Will I actually ever receive this 75% refund? 

Thanks,

Chuck 

1 hour ago, seacruise9 said:

Hi, 

I am booked on the Crystal Serenity's cruise departing from Nassau on September 18. I have paid for the cruise in full. This cruise is becoming increasingly less attractive. If I cancel my cruise by August 16, I should be entitled to receive a refund of 75%. At this point, is Crystal currently paying out refunds? Will I actually ever receive this 75% refund? 

Thanks,

Chuck 

I don’t know where you live…but you might consider switching to Symphony out of Boston or NYC. And I do believe that I read somewhere that 2021 deposits and payments were going into some sort of separate escrow account. Also…lots can happen between now and your sail date. 

• Like 2

YMMV here, but I got my refund of overpayment within 9 business days of them processing my new reservation, when they opened the Bermuda cruises for sale.

The Bermuda cruises were always 1000x more attractive to me than the Bahamas cruises, and them calling in Florida certainly hasn't made them more attractive to me either.  Obviously YMMV there as well.

Vince

• Like 1

Hi, 

Thanks, I am trying to decide if canceling my cruise at this point will cost me $1,000 (25% of fare paid) or $4,000 (100% of fare paid). Fortunately, I only booked a category A1 stateroom. Unfortunately, I booked a pre-cruise package in Nassau through Crystal and paid the 25% single supplement.

Chuck