Jump to content

Just not sure what to do!


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Tapi said:

When we got our tests for a trip we took in July, I saw the notation about insurance, so I called them and asked them if I was required to provide my health insurance information and they said NO, that if i provided it they would bill the insurance company, but that it wasn't a requirement to get tested.

 

I scheduled the test and just showed my ID. No question about insurance and no charge. I've done both at CVS and Walgreens. By the way, they said that it would take 48 hours to get the results but I got them that same afternoon. 

 

Test results are not as fast here in CA. DH had a Covid test at Rite Aid last week on Tuesday and found out his results on Saturday. They use PWN Health. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, AustinCruise said:

They accept the quick antigen test.

For now.  Lets hope that dont change next month or even next week.  If they go to PCR only, Im in great hopes they will go out 5 days instead of 3.   Im not to fond of boarding a plane to Seattle not knowing my test results.  My cruise leaves on a Friday so I have to test on a Tuesday.   I fly out Thursday morning.  Not a lot of time to work with

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ChicagoCubsFan said:

We are staying two days prior to cruise and one day after cruise in Miami - so technically we will be there a week.

What hotel are you staying at for your pre cruise stay in Miami? See if there is a CVS near the hotel and before you leave home schedule an appoint during your 2 day pre cruise stay. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have cruises booked for every month thru January most of them 3/4 day ones and I feel the same way.  As easy as everyone is saying it is to test I have yet to have one.  I am going to try to get one for my 4 night cruise in 2 weeks, have just cancelled a November one.  Will test for my 7 night October one if still needed and will probably cancel my Sept 4 night one.

 

This will be the first time I have gotten tested since this whole thing started and it just seems weird that I am doing it to go on vacation

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

You can get tested at the port. It’s 136.00 pp. Things may change by then so this is as of today.

 

May I ask where you got the info about testing at the port?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, ChicagoCubsFan said:

We are suppose to be taking a 4 day cruise out of Miami in October.  Now that Royal will be requiring Covid tests for 3 and 4 days cruises I am not sure what to do.  Not sure where to get tested at home or in Miami.  Both my husband and I are fully vaccinated and the thought of jumping thru hoops to get tested,  just doesn’t seem worth it.  Is anyone out there torn on what to do?

I was definitely on the fence regarding our Aug. 22 cruise, and we ended up cancelling. I was finding it very difficult in my city to get a rapid antigen test and I didn't want to risk not getting back the results of the other test in time. And I didn't want to have to pay $400 to get tested at the port. That plus having to wear indoor mask. I have decided not to book a cruise until no masks and no tests. We are both fully vaccinated.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Royal has announced the acceptance of “at home” Covid testing as long as it is tele-health supervised. You can order the Abbott Binax Now AG test online, do the test from anywhere at anytime, and have results in 15 minutes. 

Over last weekend, in the healthy return to sea faqs section, under testing requirement faqs, there was specific mention of the home test monitored by a professional but when I look there now ( I know that 3 days is a long time in the covid related changes with cruise lines 😏 ), I no longer see that - are the eMed tests still accepted?

Edited by cruisinsusin
spelling
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ChicagoCubsFan said:

We are staying two days prior to cruise and one day after cruise in Miami - so technically we will be there a week.

No need to justify why. Enjoy your cruise. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, lazydayz said:


Yes they are. Check for travel to protect others.  Lots of cruisers on CC have confirmed this as well. 

This is the case where I live — travel is an eligible testing need to get a covered test from CVS

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Tapi said:

We are taking a 3 night cruise the first week of September, and are on the same boat as you (pun totally intended). In my humble opinion, the test isn't that big of a hoop. We've already taken tests for several trips that we've taken during the last year and it's not a big deal. At Walgreens, they do free testing and all you do is make the appointment online, pull up to the pharmacy window in your car, you do the test yourself, slide it back to them, and go on your way. It takes all of 10 minutes. 

For me the testing (as long as they’re clear on exactly what we need, with enough time to do it) is not a problem, and I think it is just a part of the process of trying to keep people safe, and cruising going.  But your mileage may vary

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, cruisinsusin said:

Over last weekend, in the healthy return to sea faqs section, under testing requirement faqs, there was specific mention of the home test monitored by a professional but when I look there now ( I know that 3 days is a long time in the covid related changes with cruise lines 😏 ), I no longer see that - are the eMed tests still accepted?

Yes, if you look at the CDC document linked to the RCCL FAQ document, you will see the acceptable tests.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For me, the testing is just something that you have to do to cruise right now, like getting a passport, maybe a valid Birth Cert.,  insurance, etc.  The vaccine is just something I had to do right now.  So I did it.  If the pandemic goes the way everyone on here seems to think, testing will become the norm.  Right now it seems extraordinary because we are just not used to it, but in time, our paradyme will change and nobody will think a thing of it.  It's easy enough to do, free at your corner drugstore.  There is way too much angst associated with it all.  Go get one and have a great vacation.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, ChicagoCubsFan said:

We are suppose to be taking a 4 day cruise out of Miami in October.  Now that Royal will be requiring Covid tests for 3 and 4 days cruises I am not sure what to do.  Not sure where to get tested at home or in Miami.  Both my husband and I are fully vaccinated and the thought of jumping thru hoops to get tested,  just doesn’t seem worth it.  Is anyone out there torn on what to do?

 

Hey neighbor! I'm in Shell Knob. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Yes, if you look at the CDC document linked to the RCCL FAQ document, you will see the acceptable tests.  

Thanks for your response- also the wording that was missing in the faqs earlier is back again 😀:

"Antibody tests will not be accepted. Additionally, home/self-tests will not be accepted unless documentation from a medical professional that they were supervised can be provided."

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, molly361 said:

I have cruises booked for every month thru January most of them 3/4 day ones and I feel the same way.  As easy as everyone is saying it is to test I have yet to have one.  I am going to try to get one for my 4 night cruise in 2 weeks, have just cancelled a November one.  Will test for my 7 night October one if still needed and will probably cancel my Sept 4 night one.

 

This will be the first time I have gotten tested since this whole thing started and it just seems weird that I am doing it to go on vacation

When you cancelled did they refund or did you have to shift it to another time?   We have already paid in full and are not sure what to expect if we cancel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, ChicagoCubsFan said:

When you cancelled did they refund or did you have to shift it to another time?   We have already paid in full and are not sure what to expect if we cancel.

The one I just cancelled s just before final payment date so I am getting a FCC for my deposit  Shifting was not an option

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We've hedged our bets on our next two cruises.  We booked something out of a domestic port in case our Baltic cruise falls apart (for the third time!) and we made refundable hotel reservations and will just go to Disney instead if it turns out that we wind up with paid airfare to Florida and a canceled cruise.  Customers can play this game too:)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ChicagoCubsFan said:

Thanks for all your input - I think we are just going to have to figure it out just like everyone out there that wants to get back on the seas.  😉

Sit back, grab a beer and watch the second game of the Cubs double header. 🍺

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/9/2021 at 10:49 PM, lazydayz said:


Yes they are. Check for travel to protect others.  Lots of cruisers on CC have confirmed this as well. 

Maybe for others, but not for us.

 

On 8/10/2021 at 12:46 AM, Junkhouse said:

If you read the fine print on CVS you have to provide your insurance to them. They will then file with your insurance. Our insurance doesn’t cover travel testing so we would have to pay.

That’s what we found out for us also.

 

16 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Just tell them you are uninsured, the feds pick up the charge. 

😳😳😳 Not happening. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/9/2021 at 10:27 PM, ReneeFLL said:

The tests at CVS aren’t free if it’s for travel unless you know something I don’t. Let me know if you have different info. 

Yes, it is free, don't continue to provide bad info.  The questions were also changed on it.  IF your insurance won't pay, the government will.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holland America Line’s Alaska Exploration Sale
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...