Moon post-Athens

Any ideas on what Moon will do after November 1?  India is closed to tourism and Moon is the only ship scheduled to call there in November.  (Shadow still shows calls in December.)  It seems wishful thinking to me that India cruise ports would re-open for one ship.

I am new to SS and hoping some of you veterans have some inside knowledge or informed speculation you can offer.

As we are on the Nov. Dubai to Mumbai cruise. I wonder where and how they can reschedule. Mumbai naturally affects our cruise and the next Mumbai to Singapore cruise. Looking at a map of the area, it is hard to reconfigure both cruises and not stopping in India. Maybe we won't see the Taj Mahal this Nov.  Any thoughts on how you would change both cruises and not stopping in India.

Thanks,

48 minutes ago, fdnycruiser said:

My November cruise on Seabourn from Dubai to Singapore via India, was canceled a few months back. 

Did Seabourn reposition the ship in order to still have a cruise during the same time slot? If they did, were you given the option to switch to the new itinerary?

The ship was the Ovation, which as you know was repositioned to Greece,and will be headed for the states in November for the Caribbean and canal cruises. We wound up booking the holiday cruise from Fort Lauderdale to LA.   Not the same as our original plans by any means. Second time since the start of pandemic. However,by now , like everyone else we’ve gotten use to disappointment from cancellation 

In the meantime, fingers crossed that our TA on the Silver Dawn comes off.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, A Tucson Guy said:

As we are on the Nov. Dubai to Mumbai cruise. I wonder where and how they can reschedule. Mumbai naturally affects our cruise and the next Mumbai to Singapore cruise. Looking at a map of the area, it is hard to reconfigure both cruises and not stopping in India. Maybe we won't see the Taj Mahal this Nov.  Any thoughts on how you would change both cruises and not stopping in India.

Thanks,

No clue.  I suppose SS could do a Dubai to Capetown, adjust Asia and sail from South Africa through the Indian Ocean islands to somewhere open in Asia.  But that is a pretty massive change.  Or they could do an adjusted Middle East itinerary then Dubai to Maldives then over to Asia if anything is open there.  Asia itineraries could be juggled relatively easy if the ports open. 

Can't see India in the cards and will wait for cancelation.  I think Athens-Dubai has a good chance but I am looking at DXB return flights at this time (I currently have a flight home from India booked with miles that can be redeposited) and the choices are not great.

Edited by flyingshoes

I’m booked on the Moon Athens to Dubai on Nov. 1st and have not been informed of any change.  In fact today I made an inquiry about an overnight land excursion and they gave me details so I can think about booking it. I’ m crossing fingers and toes that it will indeed sail. It will be my first Silversea cruise and my first solo voyage.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Sunviking said:

I’m booked on the Moon Athens to Dubai on Nov. 1st and have not been informed of any change.  In fact today I made an inquiry about an overnight land excursion and they gave me details so I can think about booking it. I’ m crossing fingers and toes that it will indeed sail. It will be my first Silversea cruise and my first solo voyage.

That segment will probably sail.  It is part of a repositioning to Asia.  The Dubai to Mumbai segment that follows is probably on the bubble, also the Mumbai to Singapore segment.  SS can get to Asia without stopping in India or could do a technical stop (no passengers allowed off) for bunkering or whatever but they would cancel it either way so passengers who thought they were getting off/on in Mumbai can make other travel plans.  Hopefully SS will give notice of their plans soon.

Edited by flyingshoes

4 minutes ago, flyingshoes said:

That segment will probably sail.  It is part of a repositioning to Asia.  The Dubai to Mumbai segment that follows is probably on the bubble, also the Mumbai to Singapore segment.  SS can get to Asia without stopping in India or could do a technical stop (no passengers allowed off) for bunkering or whatever but they would cancel it either way so passengers who thought they were getting off/on in Mumbai can make other travel plans.  Hopefully SS will give notice of their plans soon.

I second that!!