Rotterdam TA cancelled?

OVgirl

I just saw a post on FB saying that the TA is cancelled. Wonder if that's so the ship can quarantine for 2-3 weeks in Florida before sailing with passengers. Like Celebrity.

5 minutes ago, luvn2cruzzz said:

Was the post on FB in an official capacity or part of the rumor mill?

Definitely not official capacity.  Nothing on the HAL site to this effect at all.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tennessee Titan said:

That anyone would think HAL cancels cruises on ****** is ridicukous (like do many other things these days)!

HAL has an official FB page and they DO announce itinerary changes and cancellations on it.  I checked their official page and there is no such announcement.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, kazu said:

HAL has an official FB page and they DO announce itinerary changes and cancellations on it.  I checked their official page and there is no such announcement.

That is too bad (for those of us who don't....).

HAL has been very good about posting cancellations on the header on their website.  Also Carnival Corp has posted cancellations and start ups for all of the lines in the media pages.   Those are my go to spots when I read posts like this.  I quit Facebook years ago, not my cup of tea.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

HAL has been very good about posting cancellations on the header on their website.  Also Carnival Corp has posted cancellations and start ups for all of the lines in the media pages.   Those are my go to spots when I read posts like this.  I quit Facebook years ago, not my cup of tea.  

FB isn’t for everyone and I never touched it for years but…

FB lets me see what’s going on in my family’s life and friends from far away.  I haven’t seen my sisters for over 2 years because of covid, so their posts, messenger and videos are great for me. 😉  (My friends’ list is quite limited 😉 )

I find HAL tends to post on FB before they post on the website.  Probably because it takes time to set up their IT handicapped team to do announcements 😉 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, kazu said:

FB isn’t for everyone and I never touched it for years but…

FB lets me see what’s going on in my family’s life and friends from far away.  I haven’t seen my sisters for over 2 years because of covid, so their posts, messenger and videos are great for me. 😉  (My friends’ list is quite limited 😉 )

I find HAL tends to post on FB before they post on the website.  Probably because it takes time to set up their IT handicapped team to do announcements 😉 

Fortunately my whole family is an apple family so we do Apple photos and a message session every morning.  Same concept without the exposure to the personal data collection algorithm.  I do read CC for HAL Facebook posts and can see the videos that other board members post and I appreciate that too!

Posted (edited)

I did notice that that the TA is not in the HAL cruise listing for Rotterdam.  Strange things are going on!  I cannot access Flight Ease for our flights to the Eurodam TA, and our new PCC sent me an email today about it.  I replied that I wondered if it was regarding a change of departure port, maybe we won't be flying to Venice...

"Just want to follow up on your air.  Still not available to book, but watching it closely -

Flight Ease bookings for guests on Eurodam sailings are temporarily not available in cruise guest booking records.

We apologize for this inconvenience and will activate them as soon as possible and well before departure dates.

We appreciate your patience."

Edited by Vict0riann

16 minutes ago, Tennessee Titan said:

I do, but I  never miss an opportunity to be negative about *******

I understand.  I had to finally create an account in order to access my Church's Sunday online service.  Then, I started getting "friend requests" from people who I had no idea who they were.  Rejected all; finally found a way to turn off that "service".  Honestly, I keep thinking I ought to "explore" what the advantages of using this service are.  My only relatives live in Maryland and Alaska.  Then, I think:  I spend enough daily time online as it is.  Ought I spend more time?  

• Like 1

Thanks for all the responses. I really hope that cruise lines coming back to a US home port won't have to sail 14 days without passengers. Maybe by the time they cross from Europe etc, the rules will have changed.

40 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

I understand.  I had to finally create an account in order to access my Church's Sunday online service.  Then, I started getting "friend requests" from people who I had no idea who they were.  Rejected all; finally found a way to turn off that "service".  Honestly, I keep thinking I ought to "explore" what the advantages of using this service are.  My only relatives live in Maryland and Alaska.  Then, I think:  I spend enough daily time online as it is.  Ought I spend more time?  

Just delete the friend request.  Easy.  

I keep my friends close 😉

• Like 1

The TA sailing of Rotterdam is no longer mentioned on the HAL website, only the TA of Eurodam. 

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Ine said:

The TA sailing of Rotterdam is no longer mentioned on the HAL website, only the TA of Eurodam. 

The TA has been showing as inactive for quite some time. HAL is telling the pax that at this time the cruise is still going. We will have to wait and see!

Edited by Laminator
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1